• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about top 4.

It's a four team race for those final three spots.

Oh

Yeah, that Villa match has proper smashed by confidence to pieces tbh, and Man Utd have bought massive improvements. Very few teams last season against us sat deep and congested the box. When Chelsea did it, we never came close to scoring, and the same was true yesterday. And now we don't have one of the best operators in tight space in world football.

If just 8 teams come to Anfield and fill the box, we're fucked imo

106 points in fantasy football this week :D

Makes up for my absolutely dismal performance in the past few weeks. Think I'll drop Blind from my team though. As good as he seems to be, I can't see him racking up a tonne of assists and he only gets one point for a clean sheet.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I didnt realise how large Jonathan Pierce is

And yes

ADM

Its like cheating in fifa and changing lineups, no way we shoudl have got him in our state

Arnie

With Wilbury on a plane and Viva watching NFL there are literally no redeeming elements to United-GAF as it stands.

Just a swarm of tasteless goo. Like the stuff that comes off rice.

L1NETT

See Michael Owen's horse won the Irish St Ledger

However in true Owen fashion it will amazing until it's 24 (or the equivalent in horse years) and then get injured and be useless for the rest of his career

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
See Michael Owen's horse won the Irish St Ledger

However in true Owen fashion it will amazing until it's 24 (or the equivalent in horse years) and then get injured and be useless for the rest of his career

At least its ethical to shoot the horse then.

WJD

With Wilbury on a plane and Viva watching NFL there are literally no redeeming elements to United-GAF as it stands.

Just a swarm of tasteless goo. Like the stuff that comes off rice.

I know you're upset that I'm not coming to make your tea anymore but pls, have some respect

Arnie

I know you're upset that I'm not coming to make your tea anymore but pls, have some respect
I don't even think we've replaced you.

The last WE was solid. Got pissed with us on Friday and got a free Italian meal out of us. Said I'd buy him a drink in happy hour and it turns out he doesn't do beer, had to buy him a fucking Mojito.

Sagres was £2.

"Most important is not the system but the philosophy"

Read it and WEEP William.

It's funny, Van Gaal is a proper negative nancy. "Blackett was so good!"...."He's lucky he's even playing tbh".

It's not funny, it's just a thing - but what I meant to say is poor Moyes.

Was Di Maria really a massive coup?

Unwanted by Madrid, only club in for him, British record transfer fee

Fantastic buy for sure, but not exactly unbelievable. It's only 1 year out of the CL, and you're still one of the 4 biggest clubs in the world.

Mac is the secret best character in Always Sunny

Linius

I decided to try the FIFA 15 demo on worldclass. Got beat 4-1 and 3-0 by Barca playing as PSG. Shaky defending is killing me.

shiroryu

Welcome back United.

When's the next table-top clash? Would love to see City and Utd go at it. City obviously has the better defense, but ADM vs Silva woof.

Jarnet87

Fantastic buy for sure, but not exactly unbelievable. It's only 1 year out of the CL, and you're still one of the 4 biggest clubs in the world.

He'd of been a PSG player if not for throwing stupid money at Luiz.

Mr Cola

Well I spent all summer hearing about how we are dead and no-one of quality will ever join us so in my eyes, yes, yes he is a big coup.

shiroryu

Falcao was heading Real ward, di Maria to PSG. So it wasn't a cert by any means.

Falcao was heading Real ward, di Maria to PSG. So it wasn't a cert by any means.

I never felt like PSG were actually gonna even seriously try getting Di Maria. They're already well on the wrong side of FFP, getting Di Maria would've pretty much confirmed them getting thrown out of next season's CL unless they sold Cavani, and that never looked likely either.

Falcao is a coup though since I was sure he'd go to Madrid. Don't have a clue why that didn't happen tbh, maybe Madrid just have less money than they like to imply

inky

FFS someone save me from the Mexican League. I hate this shit. =(

I decided to try the FIFA 15 demo on worldclass. Got beat 4-1 and 3-0 by Barca playing as PSG. Shaky defending is killing me.

I don't understand how to defend in that fucking game, so what I just do is change to a player who is not directly involved in the play and LT to face the ball + RB to have someone else pressure the ball and let the AI handle it. Usually works out. Trying to time tackles drives me nuts.

but what I meant to say is poor Moyes.

7UBNySz.png

Wilbur

Banned
Got off the plane. Saw a Burger King, a Chelsea Academy poster and a petrol station called YurtGaz. Lads, I'm home.

Caught the game. Di Maria and Herrera were good, if sloppy when passing sometimes. Rojo looked composed enough. Really, really liked Blind. Looked like he'd played here for ages.

We weren't great, but we showed enough going forward to get the win. RVP was a fucking passenger though. Wish Rumbo had scored that late chance.

It's so fucking hot here. Been melting all day.

Facism

Got off the plane. Saw a Burger King, a Chelsea Academy poster and a petrol station called YurtGaz. Lads, I'm home.

Caught the game. Di Maria and Herrera were good, if sloppy when passing sometimes. Rojo looked composed enough. Really, really liked Blind. Looked like he'd played here for ages.

We weren't great, but we showed enough going forward to get the win. RVP was a fucking passenger though. Wish Rumbo had scored that late chance.

It's so fucking hot here. Been melting all day.

hahah nice. enjoy it mate wish i was there. Maybe with you ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom