• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappe

How Valencia has come so far in his footballing career with being only one footed is one of the greatest footballing mysteries of modern football.

I mean the man is hellbent on never using his left foot. No matter what.

I used my wildcard and brought in costa and aguero. Got 72 points would hve been more had I not removed Mata for Sterling.

FIFA 15 EA Access is 4 days away!

ytfqyb.gif

3Sixty

Charity game at VP today. Gutted I couldn't go, but some of my heroes back in Claret and amber

Stuart Mccall

Magic Dean

Making me shed a tear

and Parkinson had a game

Also cracks me up when you see the Foreign ex pros on TV all in great shape, well dressed then you see the English lot.

Also.

----

“I never wanted to disrespect anyone at the club,” he said. “Sometimes in life you need to make choices and everyone was worried when we lost so many players. But the club showed, by buying some good players and bringing in a top manager, that they still have ambitions and that is really what I was asking for. I’m very happy here. The club has been very good to me for seven years now and I want to pay them back.”

Morgan, you canny say this and then leave. I WILL CUT YOU

Kikarian

Don't be wasting your time on Doctor bloody who my man

Utopia
Happy Valley
The Fall
Southcliffe
Ripper Street
The Fades
Broadchurch
In the Flesh
Black Mirror
Peaky Blinders

So much good British TV, yet sadly more attention gets paid to god awful faux reality gobbleshite tv like the only way is chelsea or whatever. British Drama is pumping out some amazing stuff at the mo.
Has Peaky Blinders been renewed for a second season? I stopped watching it.

Lightning

Banned
Chambers to play pretty much every game until Christmas at the earliest? I wanted him to get game time but I didn't want this. Damn Debuchy injury.

L1NETT

Also cracks me up when you see the Foreign ex pros on TV all in great shape, well dressed then you see the English lot.

Also.

Parky is in great shape, but he gets a workout every saturday screaming on the touchline. Right angry git.

McCall has a bit of timber on him haha

But i'll always love him

Has Peaky Blinders been renewed for a second season? I stopped watching it.

Yup on this autumn

Tom Hardy is in it

Bumhead

Banned
United were very impressive today but QPR are going to pick up a few tonkings this year.

There was a caller on 5 Live earlier who nailed it. QPR were very fortunate to get promoted and Redknapp is going to get found out. Again, if he hasn't been already.

We beat them 3-0 at home earlier this year and I've not seen us tear into a team or rag them off the park like that in about 15 years. It's fucking baffling that they got the right to play at places like Old Trafford this season anyway, but a half decent Premiership team will rip them to pieces.

United have the highest average possession stats in the league this season. Under Moyes we were 8th.

#uselessstatsarecool
We really need to start making more chances with that posession.

Today was better but we still didn't make enough opportunities IMO. Got into a lot of good areas though but then made silly errors or things didn't quite fall our way.

Hoping Shaw can come into the side over the next couple of weeks. Rojo looked okay but didn't offer much in attack. Shaw will have something extra there.

Scum

United were very impressive today but QPR are going to pick up a few tonkings this year.

There was a caller on 5 Live earlier who nailed it. QPR were very fortunate to get promoted and Redknapp is going to get found out. Again, if he hasn't been already.

We beat them 3-0 at home earlier this year and I've not seen us tear into a team or rag them off the park like that in about 15 years. It's fucking baffling that they got the right to play at places like Old Trafford this season anyway, but a half decent Premiership team will rip them to pieces.

They're there for the parachute payments.

L1NETT

Watching east midlands derby earlier on like and thinking either of those sides with a bit of investment would have put up a way better fight than QPR did

That Assosbalonga. Was lethal in league one, looks a real player.

Arsenal have Villa, Spurs and Chelsea next up. Some testing games there. Villa are crap really but they've started well and will be confident at least.

Zabojnik

How Valencia has come so far in his footballing career with being only one footed is one of the greatest footballing mysteries of modern football.

I mean the man is hellbent on never using his left foot. No matter what.

He put all his skill point into guitar playing.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal have Villa, Spurs and Chelsea next up. Some testing games there. Villa are crap really but they've started well and will be confident at least.
Spurs are really crap. 6 points minimum from that. Doubt we'll get anything from Chelsea but we may sneak a draw depending how we turn up.

Fintan

Obviously they were very fortunate in the play off final. But how they were in the rest of the season? I'm sort of amazed they were able to pick up enough points to get to the play offs. A lot of scrappy 1-0's?

L1NETT

And toughest group game on tuesday right?

And a league cup game at some point, probably will play the U15s for that one.

Bumhead

Banned
Watching east midlands derby earlier on like and thinking either of those sides with a bit of investment would have put up a way better fight than QPR did

That Assosbalonga. Was lethal in league one, looks a real player.

Derby and Wigan were both better sides than QPR last year and would both have added more to the Premier League this year. Forest too before they imploded at Christmas (but will be and are this year).

Can't stand QPR. Get them back down. Rio am cry.

Bumhead

Banned
Obviously they were very fortunate in the play off final. But how they were in the rest of the season? I'm sort of amazed they were able to pick up enough points to get to the play offs. A lot of scrappy 1-0's?

They spent a lot of money, were organised at home and had just about enough firepower to get them over the line. I guess.

Like I say, the game we played them at Hillsborough we were toying with them. Rarely seen owt like it. Was amazed by how bad they were. Looked like Redknapp had completely lost them, but the obviously picked up and did enough. I know the table doesn't lie but Wigan and Derby were the two best sides I personally saw last year (delighted Leicester are doing well though, go on big Nige!) and Derby were fucking robbed in that play off final. Ugh.

Lightning

Banned
You'll lose no matter what team you play.

Decent from Motd2 there mentioning Franny. Top lad.
When was the last time your chump team beat us at the Emirates again?

There's a reason why Chambers just has to join us to be an England rep while players have to leave your club to get selected.

nitewulf

Don't be wasting your time on Doctor bloody who my man

Utopia
Happy Valley
The Fall
Southcliffe
Ripper Street
The Fades
Broadchurch
In the Flesh
Black Mirror
Peaky Blinders

So much good British TV, yet sadly more attention gets paid to god awful faux reality gobbleshite tv like the only way is chelsea or whatever. British Drama is pumping out some amazing stuff at the mo.
Dr. Who 2005 first few seasons were pretty good.

I'd add Wallander and Whitechapel to your list for fans of detective shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom