• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Every single song i hear from Frozen makes me think it is fucking terrible, I cant stand it

The rule of thumb is, if your music is worse than Hercules you are doing it wrong.

K1LLER7

LVG: "When you have a part in three goals and make the first goal yourself, then he can't have played bad," said van Gaal of Di Maria.

"But he had a lot of unnecessary losses (of the ball) so we can do better, even Angel Di Maria.

"You can say it is impossible to do better when you prepare three goals and make one yourself.

"But I am a trainer and a coach and reading the game and there are two or three things we need to improve on as a team."

Di Maria went off to a standing ovation in the 83rd minute. Van Gaal added:

"Di Maria is all right but he had cramp. Normally you have to play 90 minutes without cramp, but that is also a positive signal. He gave everything."
Hard to please

Every single song i hear from Frozen makes me think it is fucking terrible, I cant stand it

The rule of thumb is, if your music is worse than Hercules you are doing it wrong.

It's certainly a good bit above Hercules that is both a terrible movie and got terrible songs.

K1LLER7

I'm worried van Gaal is going to stick Rooney behind the strikers instead of Mata in an effort to get the big 3 strikers going.
I think he'll rotate between Mata and Rooney in the #10. Mata doesn't deserve to be dropped though.

Think Rooney will play the #10 in the games against the top teams as he's better defensively. Also think the team will go back to 352 in those games.

43vYVPQ.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think he'll rotate between Mata and Rooney in the #10. Mata doesn't deserve to be dropped though.

Think Rooney will play the #10 in the games against the top teams as he's better defensively. Also think the team will go back to 352 in those games.

Our tempo dropped when we got 4 in no small part to Rooney ambling about in a position he knew nothing about.

Mr Cola

It's true, Hercules is a bad movie except for Hades, and even then he isn't that good. Also, I had that PS1 Hercules game and couldn't even finish the 1st stage, it was that bad.

I dont want to live on a planet that thinks Hercules is a bad film

K1LLER7

Our tempo dropped when we got 4 in no small part to Rooney ambling about in a position he knew nothing about.
But we still created 2 very good chances which should have been converted after Rooney dropped to the #10. The whole team just took it down a gear and played the game out at the end.

I prefer Rooney in strike and Mata in the #10 but Rooney does work well there against stronger opposition.

RVP looks the most likely to get dropped if Falcao starts imo.

Lightning

Banned
The guy just about gets done in the PL, Dortmund are way beyond his level.
We'll see. The guys got a lot of talent, he's really good.

I need to watch the highlights. Couldn't be fucked to wake up for it. Was it a bad one. He is usually pretty perfect, must be Milan bringing him down.
Just jokes. He scored an own goal but I'm not sure of the circumstances. Could not even be his fault.

We'll see. The guys got a lot of talent, he's really good.

Just jokes. He scored an own goal but I'm not sure of the circumstances. Could not even be his fault.

It will be a good test for him, but I am worried that the changing between positions will cause him to make mistakes. A few times so far he has looked like he is not sure how to handle the situation as a RB or as a CB. We need to have him grow in one position and once he has mastered hat in a few years we can think about switching him. I would almost be tempted to play Bellarin as RB and keep Chambers working on his CB game, because that is where he will be most use to us. Bellarin is also no worse han Gibbs or Clichy when they started to play in the first team.

Fry

CL week! Fuck yeah. Not too bothered about our loss, all the big teams bar Chelsea have had a slow start. Worried about Utd.

And our teams is exciting now with Marko and Lallana... They look like great players. We just need to gel.

And beat Ludogrets of course.

Lightning

Banned
It will be a good test for him, but I am worried that the changing between positions will cause him to make mistakes. A few times so far he has looked like he is not sure how to handle the situation as a RB or as a CB. We need to have him grow in one position and once he has mastered hat in a few years we can think about switching him. I would almost be tempted to play Bellarin as RB and keep Chambers working on his CB game, because that is where he will be most use to us. Bellarin is also no worse han Gibbs or Clichy when they started to play in the first team.
I agree on Chambers but he's very mature for his age. He's one player who will only get better with the experience even if he makes mistakes. Chambers is making a mistake a game at the moment, doesn't worry me though because with experience he will improve. CB is going to be his position long term but while Debuchy is out Chambers is the best right back we have at the club. We will lose out going forward for sure though as Chambers defensively is quite solid, offensively not so much.

CL week! Fuck yeah. Not too bothered about our loss, all the big teams bar Chelsea have had a slow start. Worried about Utd.

And our teams is exciting now with Marko and Lallana... They look like great players. We just need to gel.

United's biggest advantage will be they won't play many games. They will struggle against the top 7 teams though since their team is totally unbalanced. They will be dropping plenty of points. QPR are garbage, relegation favourites. I wouldn't worry about how United look playing such a team.

Salazar

Head is pounding from sleep deprivation but that was good.

I reckon we can smash up a few teams once everyone's fit and philosophised.

In other news, I bought a Roma shirt.

tri_willy

shits me everytime we lose, especially at home. fuck villa had our number sorted

"CFC have agreed a €3m deal for Viitorul RB Cristian Manea who will sign in January & move to Vitesse or Mallorca on loan. (Dolce-Sport.ro)"

So has Mallorca also joined the Roman family now? I remember there being talks about it... Man I wish Copenhagens owners hadn't been cunts, and just accepted the Roman offer a few years ago when we had the chance. What a time to be alive that would have been.

Mallorca are definitely part of the family. They even have a Russian manager now (an ex-Spartak cunt) and let me tell you, Russia doesn't have any good managers.

Draconian

Arrow S2 was supposed to be put on Netflix today but it is nowhere to be seen. :-(

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about it. I looked on their Facebook page though and someone commented that they called Netflix, and they said it would be added this morning. I'm taking that with a grain of salt though.

Zabojnik

Uh, I didn't know Pereyra wasn't available for tomorrow's CL game. Well, that's it then. Surely Asamoah will play in the midfield now? Surely we'll go for 4-3-[whatever]?!

-------------------- Buffon
------------------------------------------------------
Licht - Caceres - Bonucci/Chiellini - Evra
------ OptiPoba - Marchisio - Asa
--------------- three strikers --------------------

CL is all about intensity and counters, not lethargic possession. Allegri pls. Coman in.

Blablurn

Uh, I didn't know Pereyra wasn't available for tomorrow's CL game. Well, that's it then. Surely Asamoah will play in the midfield now? Surely we'll go for 4-3-[whatever]?!

CL is all about intensity and counters, not lethargic possession. Allegri pls. Coman in.

What a team. Incredible.

Well we are moving in the right direction and that makes me happy. Smashing QPR isn't too hard though that will be a regular thing this season for most top half teams.

It's still a rebuilding process I refuse to beleive this will be the start of some majestic run where we challenge for the title, it won't. The defence worries me and I'm not sure how much it will improve, going forward I know we will be fine if we take points off the top teams they will be goal-fests.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Wait, what happened to Pereyra?!

BARZAGLI IS DEAD
In other news, I bought a Roma shirt.

SALAZAR IS DEAD

Zabojnik

Pereyra is not eligible for tomorrow, think he might've picked up a red card / culmination of yellows with Udinese last season.

This is it, Yurt. ASABOB'S TIME TO SHINE

We'll get Padoin or Romulo, I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom