• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how Destiny gets such mediocre reviews when shit like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Mario Kart gets 9+ reviews everywhere. I mean I know Destiny isn't the greatest game and it some flaws but it's fun enough I think, especially when compared to some of the other shit that critics love.

I guess I just don't get games anymore.

88 pages for the Destiny review thread. 88 pages! Wooden, pls.

Please don't drag me into this, I don't want my good name soiled with that shit.

I really don't care one way or the other with Destiny, looks boring from the GB stuff I've seen but not really offensively bad... Just ... Meh, like most games this gen.

Scum

Is it shit or what?

Don't own it or played it but it seems like it's a 7 /10 - 8/10 game. Fun, but undercooked. Will probably improve if Activision and Bungie can put together a good expansion pack, which they will no doubt do.
But it's gaming side. It's "one or the other". Most don't play games, are bean counters, are simply after hype and just bitch for the sake of bitching. They'll all change their tune, soon enough, when the next DLC/Expansion becomes available.

Don't own it or played it but it seems like it's a 7 /10 - 8/10 game. Fun, but undercooked. Will probably improve if Activision and Bungie can put together a good expansion pack, which they will no doubt do.
But it's gaming side. It's "one or the other". Most don't play games, are bean counters, are simply after hype and just bitch for the sake of bitching. They'll all change their tune, soon enough, when the next DLC/Expansion becomes available.

Who actually plays games though? Fucking nerds that's who. Real men, they argue about them.

Scum

Please don't drag me into this, I don't want my good name soiled with that shit.

I really don't care one way or the other with Destiny, looks boring from the GB stuff I've seen but not really offensively bad... Just ... Meh, like most games this gen.

Too late. loool

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The Demo Extender for fifa 15 turns Messi Black

K1LLER7

Thoughts on today's United game:

- Team looked better in a 442 diamond and it suited the players. Will probably go 343 against better attacking opposition. Could've done more with posession but seeing the chances created, scoring 4, its a good step.
- New signings all had good games. Rojo was solid, offered something going forward but would prefer him at CB and Shaw LB eventually. He seemed to enjoy celebrating with Rooney lol.
- Blind's ability to read the game and keep the tempo ticking is great. Will be good to see him challenged against better opposition. Did well to stop attacks and apply pressure, however doesn't seem to be the fastest of players. Will get better.
- Herrera was brilliant. Pulled out performances like this for Bilbao last season too. In this formation, he has to be the B2B player, the Henderson of our team. He brought energy into the team alongside Blind and Di Maria, and was constantly pressing the opposition. Its great to have him running into the box and trying to get a goal. We've missed that since Scholes left.
- Di Maria. GOAT. Madrid dun goofed. Hasn't struggled with the physical aspects of the PL and hopefully he can keep improving.
- Falcao showed some good linkup with RVP and it would've been great to see him get a goal. It'll come though.
- Overall, there was some very good interplay and changing of positions. Mata spearheading the diamond works well and we finally got to see a United team passing and moving. Rafael needs to stay fit as 2 good fullbacks will be essential for this formation. RVP needs a goal, Januzaj should really have squared the ball to him in the chance at the end.
Defence still conceded some chances and we still miss a leader at the back. Something to look at in January.

Scum

The Demo Extender for fifa 15 turns Messi Black

Errr...

- Team looked better in a 442 diamond and it suited the players. Will probably go 343 against better attacking opposition. Could've done more with posession but seeing the chances created, scoring 4, its a good step.
- New signings all had good games. Rojo was solid, offered something going forward but would prefer him at CB and Shaw LB eventually. He seemed to enjoy celebrating with Rooney lol.
- Blind's ability to read the game and keep the tempo ticking is great. Will be good to see him challenged against better opposition. Did well to stop attacks and apply pressure, however doesn't seem to be the fastest of players. Will get better.
- Herrera was brilliant. Pulled out performances like this for Bilbao last season too. In this formation, he has to be the B2B player, the Henderson of our team. He brought energy into the team alongside Blind and Di Maria, and was constantly pressing the opposition. Its great to have him running into the box and trying to get a goal. We've missed that since Scholes left.
- Di Maria. GOAT. Madrid dun goofed. Hasn't struggled with the physical aspects of the PL and hopefully he can keep improving.
- Falcao showed some good linkup with RVP and it would've been great to see him get a goal. It'll come though.
- Overall, there was some very good interplay and changing of positions. Mata spearheading the diamond works well and we finally got to see a United team passing and moving. Rafael needs to stay fit as 2 good fullbacks will be essential for this formation. RVP needs a goal, Januzaj should really have squared the ball to him in the chance at the end.
Defence still conceded some chances and we still miss a leader at the back. Something to look at in January.

kYFVZc5.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

I agree, alot of people are saying "its only QPR" but we literally havent put a fluid, attacking and sexy performance on in a long ass time, this is big for us. I dont care who its against, we finally showed signs of what we could do and the big players stepped up.

Now to hope that we dont revert to form next week, Di Maria has to stay fit.

Scum

I agree, alot of people are saying "its only QPR" but we literally havent put a fluid, attacking and sexy performance on in a long ass time, this is big for us. I dont care who its against, we finally showed signs of what we could do and the big players stepped up.

And the best part? Young was no where to be seen.

K1LLER7

Throw money at the problem cuz money issues ain't a thang :p

Most importantly, it should boost the confidence of the players. The team needs to definitely go on a run of wins.

Defence is still creating problems for themselves. Just don't look comfortable on the ball. Need to see Rojo at CB first, but I still think we need that commanding leader at the back.

Januzaj needs to learn from ADM. He'll get gametime in similar roles.

Bold One

LVG: ""This is special because it is also the birthday of my wife. I have already given her a present but she said the biggest present shall be the victory. We give it to her.":D

Go_Ly_Dow

LVG: ""This is special because it is also the birthday of my wife. I have already given her a present but she said the biggest present shall be the victory. We give it to her.":D

is this the legit bant we've always talked about and referenced in the thread title?

is this it?

Mr Cola

Throw money at the problem cuz money issues ain't a thang :p

Most importantly, it should boost the confidence of the players. The team needs to definitely go on a run of wins.

Defence is still creating problems for themselves. Just don't look comfortable on the ball. Need to see Rojo at CB first, but I still think we need that commanding leader at the back.

Januzaj needs to learn from ADM. He'll get gametime in similar roles.

Januzaj needs to learn very quickly that there are very few games this year and if he comes on and derps around with it being unproductive he simply wont play, second season in the first team now, he needs to learn.

Emishor: Breaking: According to Dolce Sport, Viitorul's Cristian Manea is going to sign for Chelsea in January! #CFC

Dannyb7878x: Cristian Manea 17 yo Romanian RB, already played for the national team and the youngest to do so.

I hope he likes Vitesse

It's fantastic, it's art really. Imagine having to make up some act for a kids birthday party and you come up with that, what a great mind
its amazing hahaha

I stumbled across it years ago on another forum and died laughing. so funny.

Ive seen the gif but never the videa

I never knew this was a kids party

Tears of laughter

why would you even do those dances at a kids party looooooooool

and why is venom wearing a skull cap.

"CFC have agreed a €3m deal for Viitorul RB Cristian Manea who will sign in January & move to Vitesse or Mallorca on loan. (Dolce-Sport.ro)"

So has Mallorca also joined the Roman family now? I remember there being talks about it... Man I wish Copenhagens owners hadn't been cunts, and just accepted the Roman offer a few years ago when we had the chance. What a time to be alive that would have been.

"CFC have agreed a €3m deal for Viitorul RB Cristian Manea who will sign in January & move to Vitesse or Mallorca on loan. (Dolce-Sport.ro)"

So has Mallorca also joined the Roman family now? I remember there being talks about it... Man I wish Copenhagens owners hadn't been cunts, and just accepted the Roman offer a few years ago when we had the chance. What a time to be alive that would have been.

Yeh I thought that went through after they stayed up?

We're getting up a decent network of teams. I suspect Ac Milan will become our Italian feeder too, spreading the love across europe.

Yeh I thought that went through after they stayed up?

We're getting up a decent network of teams. I suspect Ac Milan will become our Italian feeder too, spreading the love across europe.

Oh I didn't know, hadn't read any follow up on it. Please re-consider Copenhagen, Roman. We need it.
xPSlPCU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom