• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People are getting carried away with his debut. Was good and I liked what I saw but QPR players ran past him very easily on at least 2/3 occasions and were able to get at our defence. Not so much of a problem when you're facing Charlie Austin and co...would be against the better teams.

Of course, one game, been here for a few days, adjusting, etc etc. But it was a very easy game from him, he did what I'd expect. Yes it's much better than anything we've had for a while so there is excitement but that's a desperately low bar. Let's see how it pans out over the next few games.

The defence still sucked.

but he was up against future Madrid legend Patrice Isla! You guys won't face a tougher RB all season

El Topo

People are getting carried away with his debut. Was good and I liked what I saw but QPR players ran past him very easily on at least 2/3 occasions and were able to get at our defence. Not so much of a problem when you're facing Charlie Austin and co...would be against the better teams.

Of course, one game, been here for a few days, adjusting, etc etc. But it was a very easy game from him, he did what I'd expect. Yes it's much better than anything we've had for a while so there is excitement but that's a desperately low bar. Let's see how it pans out over the next few games.

The defence still sucked.

Shhhh, no doubts now, just hype.

D_prOdigy

I don't fink Rio is gonna be the managerial revelation he obviously sees himself as becoming.

He can wheel Redknapp to the duck-feeding pond in his dotage.

Zabojnik

Mimmo-chan seems to have a bit of Suarez in him, yeah, but I'm not worried. He's not a Cassano or a Balotelli, that much is obvious. His work rate is exceptional. He's just young & rough around the edges still and somewhat prone to channeling his inner asshole from time to time. Much like, say, Verrattrayer.

Conte Allegri will set him straight next year.

Twisted ankle, Rami was a bit rough on Friday during training. I don't think he'll be back for the Juve game.

That's bad news ... but I'm not sure for whom.

Ferdinand should just shut his mouth

Moyes was shit at Man Utd, Ferdinand was shit as well over that period. Going on about it does nobody any favours, and just makes Ferdinand look a bit desperate for attention as his career winds down

Thankfully none of our players stuck the boot in on Rafa, Hodgson or Kenny, they're headlines I'd rather avoid no matter how legitimate their criticism.

Zabojnik

I'm slightly concerned at how easy Armand Traore ran through our midfield.

Juve legend Armand Traore?

frances-juventus-centrocampista-armand-traore-controla-balon-serie-su-equipo-partido-futbol-contra-bari-estadio-olimpico-turin-16-enero-2011-juventus-gano-2-1-afp-po-monteforte-filippo-rf_379146.jpg

That's bad news ... but I'm not sure for whom.

Tuttosport says that we might even get Torres back in time, but El Shaa won't be available for sure. El Shaa, Alex, D. Lopez, Montolivo and probably somebody else too.

Anyway, that's Tuttosport, so I wouldn't be surprised if Torres breaks both his legs and El Shaa comes back with a hattrick.

Lightning

Banned

Moyes was shit at Man Utd, Ferdinand was shit as well over that period. Going on about it does nobody any favours, and just makes Ferdinand look a bit desperate for attention as his career winds down

Thankfully none of our players stuck the boot in on Rafa, Hodgson or Kenny, they're headlines I'd rather avoid no matter how legitimate their criticism.
Pretty much. Ferdinand just being a mellon.

Moyes got in over his head and United as a club still utterly disgust me with how they handled his dismissal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2654.jpg

Juve legend Armand Traore?
we're a disgrace
Mimmo-chan seems to have a bit of Suarez in him, yeah, but I'm not worried. He's not a Cassano or a Balotelli, that much is obvious. His work rate is exceptional. He's just young & rough around the edges still and somewhat prone to channeling his inner asshole from time to time. Much like, say, Verrattrayer.

Conte Allegri will set him straight next year.

Yeah I'm not worried either. He made three massive tackles in 60 minutes and elbowed an Inter player, all good in my book. That's the right amount of cunt/Suarez really.

FootballFan

Yep. Ferdinand is a tool.

Blablurn

Oh no

Elsewhere in Germany, Bayern Munich are hoping to lure Arsenal’s record signing, the occasionally maligned midfielder Mesut Özil back to his homeland in January, with a price-tag of €40m being mentioned in conjunction with any mooted move. With Mathieu Debuchy facing a two months on the sidelines as he recovers from the severely sprained ankle he suffered in an awkward fall against Manchester City on Saturday, Arsenal are down to the bare bones in defence and may be forced to phone the Job Centre to see if they have any unemployed and out of contract job-seeking defenders available to provide cover at the Emirates.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/15/football-transfer-rumours

bud23

Benzema hits rock bottom: just two goals in 18 games

-The forward has only managed six shots on-goal during the current league campaign.

-Benzema has now been targeted by the fans twice this season: after the Spanish Super Cup final and again last Saturday at the Bernabéu as he was substituted. There was an appreciably loud whistle of protest from the majority of the home crowd directed at the French international as he made his way to the bench.

-It’s not just Benzema’s lack of form which annoys the Madrid support, it’s the fact that the club’s board of directors have sold seven forwards since 2009 so as not to provide Benzema with any direct competition for his place. The tipping-point was during the summer. Madrid sold Morata to Juventus and the club rejected the notion of signing a global superstar forward such as Luis Suárez, Falcao or Diego Costa, so Benzema could remain as the club’s sole number nine.

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/09/15/english/1410763656_780507.html

Thanks again, Florentino.

Blablurn

The Bundesliga title holders had been keen on luring Marco Reus to boost their creative options in the long term but Borussia Dortmund will fight tooth and nail to prevent another of their talents moving to Bayern Munich and as such a move for Ozil may prove more realistic.

Fucking Dortmund. Just let him go.

Gambit

Come on Bla, you know it's bullshit. We don't need (or want) Özil and Reus will have a release clause.

exactly. The whole premise that Özil would be easier to get than Reus is flawed. It's not as if Dortmund really could put up a fight against the clause. They only can do all in their power to convince Reus to stay. And rightfully so.

Also, Özil as replacement for Rib or Rob? No, thanks. We have seen how good he is as a winger.

It'll be either Draxler or Reus.

Blablurn

Milch.

I respect you a lot as a person and as a human being.

We had good times during the World Cup.

And I will continue to respect your posts in the future.

But let's face it.

Dortmund stinks.

And Reus should leave this place as soon as possible.

Thank you.

El Topo

^That's not really stealing. United didn't want him anymore. Arsenal don't steal, they buy leftovers.

:lol Dortmund are much more likeable than Bayern, simply because they don't steal players from their rivals. Absolute cunt move.

Just because you have never heard of the clubs their players came from doesn't mean they don't buy from rivals.

El Topo

Well, you can hardly count Hertha, Werder, Nürnberg or Freiburg as our rivals in terms of winning the league/finishing on a CL spot.

I forgot, you just buy the biggest domestic talents you can get your hands on. You also forgot Gladbach, already forgotten that you "stole" their biggest talent? That said, we haven't really bought too many players from actual rivals lately, have we? Maybe that's just because the only real rival lately has been Dortmund?

We bought Götze and Dante, that's about it. Don't have time to think about it or go through lists though, so feel free to correct me.

Welbeck wasn't stealing tbh, the player wanted to leave and he had no first team guarantees with Utd. With Gotze and Lewa, they were in the team regularly, and (with Lewa at least, can't remember about Gotze) you got him for free :lol

Clegg

It's Freshers week at Uni so I've gotten in early to have a look at the different societies and maybe join a couple. First thing that hit me was how young everyone in the hall was. They're 18 and I'm 23. Felt weird.

Anyway it's compulsory for all Socs to include safe sex guides and utensils into whatever Soc packs they had to new members. In the last ten minutes I've accumulated 20 condoms and 4 little bottles of lube.

A fresher obv didn't know what she had in her possession and proceeded to smear lube on her hands as if it were moisturiser. Burst into tears when one of her mates told her what she was doing. Christ I love Uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom