• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herpy derp

Picture2_Sol.jpg

Ok this was a cunt move too :p

Pennywise

I forgot, you just buy the biggest domestic talents you can get your hands on. You also forgot Gladbach, already forgotten that you "stole" their biggest talent? That said, we haven't really bought too many players from actual rivals lately, have we? Maybe that's just because the only real rival lately has been Dortmund?

We bought Götze and Dante, that's about it. Don't have time to think about it or go through lists though, so feel free to correct me.

Götze and Dante ?
I could make a pretty good list, especially with comments from both the monkey king Breitner and Uzo Lattek, where they said it was Bayerns philosophy to weaken other clubs.

And Gladbach took Ahlens biggest talent then...
Let's see it how it is, Bayern signed alot of players that made zero sense but that surely weakened the opposition (Schlaudrauff,Rau and many more).
I won't argue over Götze and Dante, the first has the potential to help Bayern and the second already helped them for two seasons.So both of them are fine, the circumstances with Götze are the problem here and you know it.

People are getting carried away with his debut. Was good and I liked what I saw but QPR players ran past him very easily on at least 2/3 occasions and were able to get at our defence. Not so much of a problem when you're facing Charlie Austin and co...would be against the better teams.

Of course, one game, been here for a few days, adjusting, etc etc. But it was a very easy game from him, he did what I'd expect. Yes it's much better than anything we've had for a while so there is excitement but that's a desperately low bar. Let's see how it pans out over the next few games.

The defence still sucked.

Defence still a big concern. Blackett - Evans pairing can't cut it.

It's Freshers week at Uni so I've gotten in early to have a look at the different societies and maybe join a couple. First thing that hit me was how young everyone in the hall was. They're 18 and I'm 23. Felt weird.

Anyway it's compulsory for all Socs to include safe sex guides and utensils into whatever Soc packs they had to new members. In the last ten minutes I've accumulated 20 condoms and 4 little bottles of lube.

A fresher obv didn't know what she had in her possession and proceeded to smear lube on her hands as if it were moisturiser. Burst into tears when one of her mates told her what she was doing. Christ I love Uni.

Amazing. 😂

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, you can hardly count Hertha, Werder, Nürnberg or Freiburg as our rivals in terms of winning the league/finishing on a CL spot.

Bayern summary:

Werder Bremen finishes 2nd behind Bayern --> Buy their Klose
Stuttgart wins the league ---> buy their Gomez
Lose to Zenit in Europa ----> buy their CAPTAIN
Lose to Hamburger home & away ---> buy their best defender next season
Wolfsburg wins the league ---> tap up Džeko in every single transfer window till her runs away to England
Leverkusen finishes ABOVE Bayern --> successfully steal their coach and try (and fail) at stealing Vidal too
Borussia Dortmund wins the league twice ---> Steal every single player with a buyout clause in their squad for no reason, and announce signing their fat talisman one day before the final.
Current stolen coach on the verge of winning your first ever treble ---> announce replacing him with a flavour of the year manager a month before the season ends
Lose to Inter in a CL final ---> fail humanity

BLA PLS. AND YOU WONDER WHY PPL LIKE BVB

Scum

It's Freshers week at Uni so I've gotten in early to have a look at the different societies and maybe join a couple. First thing that hit me was how young everyone in the hall was. They're 18 and I'm 23. Felt weird.

Anyway it's compulsory for all Socs to include safe sex guides and utensils into whatever Soc packs they had to new members. In the last ten minutes I've accumulated 20 condoms and 4 little bottles of lube.

A fresher obv didn't know what she had in her possession and proceeded to smear lube on her hands as if it were moisturiser. Burst into tears when one of her mates told her what she was doing. Christ I love Uni.

loooooool

I forgot, you just buy the biggest domestic talents you can get your hands on. You also forgot Gladbach, already forgotten that you "stole" their biggest talent? That said, we haven't really bought too many players from actual rivals lately, have we? Maybe that's just because the only real rival lately has been Dortmund?

We bought Götze and Dante, that's about it. Don't have time to think about it or go through lists though, so feel free to correct me.

I'm not saying we're saints or something. It's just that there's a difference between signing players from some midtable team (and actually playing them, Rode lol) and recently signing players from your only proper rival in the last 10 years or whenever Bremen stopped being competitive. It's just something people will notice and won't like.

I thought about Gladbach and decided it doesn't count because they got Southampton'd back then. And when we signed Reus back in January they weren't really a rival for us yet to be honest. They just avoided relegation and had a good 6 months.

Evra[/B] "I’ve never worked as hard in my life! Serie A’s less intense than the Premiership but there’s a greater focus on tactics. You always need to be focused and alert to everything.”

Barclays Premface League is easy mode confirmed

I am so happy he said this. I have often felt this is one of the big reasons Italian teams have fallen off of the European map recently. Serie A is the most mentally tough league in the world and it is so draining that teams under perform in Europe, more so in the Europe League than Champions League.

What's this about Bayern wanting Ozil I am hearing?

I bet Ozil complained to one of the Bayern lads about playing on the wing during the international break, and they have gone back and told the Bayern big wigs. Fucking Wenger.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I am so happy he said this. I have often felt this is one of the big reasons Italian teams have fallen off of the European map recently. Serie A is the most mentally tough league in the world and it is so draining that teams under perform in Europe, more so in the Europe League than Champions League.
Tevez said the same thing btw.

Clegg

Ferdinand on a video session with Moyes:

"Me and Vida came out of there and looked at each other. 'I don't know what the fuck he just asked us to do,' I said".

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I GIVE MY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
NOT FOR HONOUR
BUT FOOOOOOOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Best Bond song since Goldeneye

Your life is short and you're wasting what little time you have left on reliving past experiences

Proper Liverpool fan* behaviour. Move on, get out there and try something new...and good

*a shorter life expectancy than your average human bean due to stress and RAWKing

Clegg

Luv it. Such a great song.

MGS2 is lacking in a truly great song. Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday feels so meh compared to what came after it.
I actually think it's the perfect denouement for MGS2. It's a beautiful song.

But the one two hit of 'Debriefing' and 'Way To Fall,' right after you've been hit with the revelation of the Boss' plan, just can't be topped.

I actually think it's the perfect denouement for MGS2. It's a beautiful song.

But the one two hit of 'Debriefing' and 'Way To Fall,' right after you've been hit with the revelation of the Boss' plan, just can't be topped.

Maybe you are right in terms of its placement in the game, but it has never been a song tha i just want to pull up on youtube and listen to, like I find myself doing with other songs in the franchise.

In fact I am gonna listen to Heavens Divide now, that Donna Burke voice

As for Rio, lol, i know he has to sell books, but United must have such a shit culture if players are angry that they couldn't eat chips before a match. Give me 40k a week and I would give up pizza, coke and anything else they want me to.

Yen

I think the most recent MGS themes - Calling to the Night, Heaven's Divide - have really turned the cheese up to eleven. I reckon The Best is Yet To Come to be the best.

El Topo

I'm not saying we're saints or something. It's just that there's a difference between signing players from some midtable team (and actually playing them, Rode lol) and recently signing players from your only proper rival in the last 10 years or whenever Bremen stopped being competitive. It's just something people will notice and won't like.

I thought about Gladbach and decided it doesn't count because they got Southampton'd back then. And when we signed Reus back in January they weren't really a rival for us yet to be honest. They just avoided relegation and had a good 6 months.

Oh I'm not denying that we've been dicks the past decade, I'm just saying that we haven't exactly harvested too many players from German top teams lately. The past decade overall? Sure, but not all acquisitions (e.g. Schlaudraff) were really to weaken the opposition, but maybe just to get (potentially) great talents.

Now back when Bremen and Leverkusen were still great, those were the days when Bayern just went "Well, let's get Lucio" or "Might as well get Klose".

is she going invisible though? Seemed more like deconstruction and then reconstructing herself.

I don't know I'm basing this on her muscles being visible

Oh shit, just rewatched it and noticed that.

Yep. I was also confused why he suddenly is Big Boss' best friend in V. So strange :D

Yeah, especially because we never actually see them being friends other than knowing that they formed the Patriots together. I guess he has left Zero and is now working with Snake

Blablurn

Oh shit, just rewatched it and noticed that.

Yeah, especially because we never actually see them being friends other than knowing that they formed the Patriots together. I guess he has left Zero and is now working with Snake

FUCK MGS4... I cant believe what a shit spin the story took. It was even worse than the LOST ending.

In Kojima we trust. Even if the story is bad... the gameplay will deliver. Ground Zeroes was great in that regard.

As for Rio, lol, i know he has to sell books, but United must have such a shit culture if players are angry that they couldn't eat chips before a match. Give me 40k a week and I would give up pizza, coke and anything else they want me to.

I see your conveniently forgetting the arsenal players kicking off when wenger banned ketchup lol

In Kojima we trust. Even if the story is bad... the gameplay will deliver. Ground Zeroes was great in that regard.

The main reason I am pumped for MGS5 is for mother base/african jungles. The gameplay will feel like how the Big Shell/Russian jungle would be like if it was made today. Kind of a semi remake of those two games.

I see your conveniently forgetting the arsenal players kicking off when wenger banned ketchup lol

What was that 17 years ago? lol

It does piss me off that Wilshere smokes when the club don't want him to. He earns so much a week and he can't make a small sacrifice.

I had assumed that all clubs have the players in hotels the night before the games and give them a prepared meal. It is why the chips things shocked me.

Blablurn

To be honest. I always wanted another MGS1/2 game. Tight area. No jungle and no desert. Fuck open world. I want a linear experience just like MGS1. I want a good story.

And I would rather play as Young Snake. Fuck Big Boss.

Yeah. There. I said it.

Fuck. Big. Boss.

Ferdinand should just shut his mouth

Moyes was shit at Man Utd, Ferdinand was shit as well over that period. Going on about it does nobody any favours, and just makes Ferdinand look a bit desperate for attention as his career winds down

Thankfully none of our players stuck the boot in on Rafa, Hodgson or Kenny, they're headlines I'd rather avoid no matter how legitimate their criticism.

The press is running quotes from his autobiography like any other player or manager. We've seen the same kind of thing from Keane and Fergie.

Honestly think the criticism of Ferdinand is over the top. I guess a lot of people just don't like his personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom