• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can blame Bayern for trying to get Vidal or Bender. Ultimately they didn't, it's as stupid as claiming we "tried" to steal Dzeko. Ultimately we didn't steal him. I think the Bremen/Leverkusen years were much worse, but maybe that's because the teams back then were less deep as e.g. Dortmund nowadays. Yurt even had to do some impressive mental gymnastics to fit some of our transfers/not-transfers into the "Steal from rivals just because you can" theory.

A Juventus fan lecturing us about stealing. I'm still baffled.
I think it just shows what a terrific job Watzke, Zorc and Klopp do. Back then, Leverkusen agreed to sell you Ze Roberto and Ballack in the same year and that completely killed them. We refused to sell Lewandowski and thus had a gradual and easier loss of those two. I mean, sure, maybe we would have been fine considering Götze was never as important for us as Ballack/Ze Roberto were for Leverkusen. But it was a clear statement to our players/fans and the league that we're not willing to sell easily and try to challenge Bayern.

And Leverkusen didn't manage to bring proper replacements in, while I'd dare to say that we're better off with Micky/Auba/Kagawa than we were with Götze. About Lewa, time will tell. Ramos looks good so far and if Immobile gets going, I'd also say that Ramos + Ciro > Lewa + Schieber. (Mainly because Schieber was terrible :lol :lol :lol)

Also, I don't get why you're baffled about Yurt, he is a BVB fan m8

Whichever child runs that account was always a fucking cretin

It's always been a dreadful account and it's worse when it gets posted in here

There was some funny stuff in the first two weeks or something. Got unbearable after that but now it's even worse because he just can't let go lol

moyes was a disaster tactically and as a man manager but the quotes make rio look pretty bad. the defending in that 4-1 match against city was embarrassing yet it sounds like vidic and rio just went in there morally outraged that moyes, trophyless everton manager, was telling him what to do, like some bratty teenagers with their teacher. maybe he did just explain it badly, but it's a pattern in the quotes. so many of them are 'moyes told us to play a posession game, moyes took away my milk'.

hopefully van gaal actually has the reputation to treat them like shit, though i suspect we've successfully got rid of the worst culprits. old shitty players like rio, evra and vidic who poisoned the dressing room because they thought they ran the club and couldn't deal with any change.

Nah, some of those complaints are legit, except the one where Rio was dropped.

Diego Lopez injured for two weeks, thigh injury. I was hoping he could play on Saturday, after last night mistake it was probably the best thing for him. Oh and Alex is injured as well but nobody knows for how long.

As of today Alex, Diego Lopez, Montolivo and El Shaa will miss the Juve game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A prince's clap:

tumblr_nbxm2a8ymu1r30r4xo2_500.gif

a Prisoner of War clap:

tumblr_nbwkjemFrv1rly7k0o1_500.gif

a modern-day-slave forced to clap because he's on camera:

tumblr_nbx0hhXk8L1r30r4xo2_250.gif

Also, I don't get why you're baffled about Yurt, he is a BVB fan m8
tumblr_nbvjspWqMr1r30r4xo1_500.gif

The amount of Marchisio gifs that Yurt has posted I know believe him to look like that.

I also discovered today that a yurt is some type of tent they use to teach in England
although the picture looked a lot like the middle of Africa

edit: after checking on wikipedia, it seems that it is not a yurt, fucking shit book.

Credible rumors that Slomka must visibly improve the team in the next two matches or he'll be fired by HSV.

Next two matches are against Bayern and Gladbach.

Good luck m8

Clegg

Yeah the best one

Here's the catch though Clegg

you can only eat breakfast whilst doing those activities

Good luck scoffing a pain au chocolat whilst trampolining you freeloading git :p
Pls don't knock my moment of inspiration. They're so few and far between :(

Also had my face painted in funky colours and got free pizza. It's been a good day.

Yen

Went about signing up to societies in a strategic manner. Joined the Film, LGBT, Running, Kayaking and Trampoline societies. They're the ones that do free breakfasts once a week. An they all do them on different days.

Sorted.

Brilliant. I just go to the Presbyterian churches that give out free lunches

dc89

Who's he trying to kid?

One of the most expensively assembled squads in the history of football, and they've never made a dent in the CL, never even come close to winning a knockout tie against one of the big boys iirc

tbf, we've had horrendous groups and the one time we get out we run into Barca. Gotta have a bit of luck on your side too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The amount of Marchisio gifs that Yurt has posted I know believe him to look like that.

I also discovered today that a yurt is some type of tent they use to teach in England
although the picture looked a lot like the middle of Africa

edit: after checking on wikipedia, it seems that it is not a yurt, fucking shit book.

I'd walk around naked if I did!

anyway, here's Yurt -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCBxtfStqw#t=620

Such an awesome level! I missed DS

Yen

They give out free lunches?

Y'know, John Calvin has always been a great hero of mine.

Hot dog, salad, soup, cup o' tae and a caramel bar. Can't beat it. I heard they try and preach at my uni Catholic chaplaincy when they do lunches, no call for that.

Jack cw

Lahm most likely will play as full-back, with Alonso and Alaba/Rode as holding midfield. If Robben plays, we may have a chance but that's it
He and Alaba will play in CM. Its a 3-5-2 and it will work, you should really read Perarnaus book and what Pep has in mind for this season.

Elchele

He and Alaba will play in CM. Its a 3-5-2 and it will work, you should really read Perarnaus book and what Pep has in mind for this season.

he played 4-2-2-2 (4-2-3-1) in the Schalke match. Pep is full of shit, he doesn't know what he's doing, everything aside from tiki-taka is a mystery to him and we're just his test team to help him learn how to play anything aside of what he had done at Barcelona.

We will crash hard this season

Clegg

Hot dog, salad, soup, cup o' tae and a caramel bar. Can't beat it. I heard they try and preach at my uni Catholic chaplaincy when they do lunches, no call for that.
Bit dodgy that.

But it's also quite clever tbf. A tried and tested method over the centuries.

Jack cw

We're not winning without Robben.

Unless Ribery plays like he did 3 years ago.
Robben should be fit for the game and the team is good enough to win against City I think.
he played 4-2-2-2 (4-2-3-1) in the Schalke match. Pep is full of shit, he doesn't know what he's doing, everything aside from tiki-taka is a mystery to him and we're just his test team to help him learn how to play anything aside of what he had done at Barcelona.

We will crash hard this season

Do yourself a favor and try to understand what this man wants. Of course you and everyone else would do a better job at Bayern.

El Topo

I think Wednesday is going to be a coin flip. I could see either team win (or even demolish the other team), but I guess Bayern has the advantage of home court.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone else notice RvP go to the wings 4-5 times when Falcao came on? Never seen him pick the ball up there for United, he was acting more of a winger than Valencia.

RVP and Falcao went out together last night.

No Wayne.

Coup coming.

RVP and Falcao showed yesterday that they could form a good partnership. RVP was in position to shoot and opted to pass it to Falcao who made the run. RVP recognized Falcao had made a run. This ended up in Adnan failing to score.

Falcao also nearly created a goal scoring chance for RVP.

Rooney was the best striker yesterday, but I didn't really notice any hint of chemistry between him and the other strikers.

Salazar

Anyone else notice RvP go to the wings 4-5 times when Falcao came on? Never seen him pick the ball up there for United, he was acting more of a winger than Valencia.

I reckon he'll click.

Looking forward to some mad overlaps when Shaw gets out there. Gladdened the heart seeing Rafael charging around.

Elchele

Robben should be fit for the game and the team is good enough to win against City I think.

Do yourself a favor and try to understand what this man wants. Of course you and everyone else would do a better job at Bayern.

you're as deluded as Sammer. eating all the bullshit Guardiola says, he's clueless and it shows.

Mourinho and Guardiola took over new teams at the same time. Mourinho has his team all set up and could even go all the way to win the CL this season, meanwhile Guardiola did another 'reset' this season and we're even weaker than we were last season.

Go_Ly_Dow

Rojo seemed calm and calculated in his play yesterday. However looking forward to Shaw coming in and forming a killer partnership with Di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom