• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

Does anyone actually believe the drivel that Rio is spouting?

He just wants to shift copies of his book, is all. He'd say Moyes was a cross dresser if it got him the Xmas No.1 Bestseller spot.
The park I don't believe if I'm honest. Until I see pictures. Which if, Manchester United were training at a park and the locals like he said, were taking pictures and videos it's a bit strange I haven't seen it anywhere.

Most of it is true I reckon.

Empty

moyes was a disaster tactically and as a man manager but the quotes make rio look pretty bad. the defending in that 4-1 match against city was embarrassing yet it sounds like vidic and rio just went in there morally outraged that moyes, trophyless everton manager, was telling him what to do, like some bratty teenagers with their teacher. maybe he did just explain it badly, but it's a pattern in the quotes. so many of them are 'moyes told us to play a posession game, moyes took away my milk'.

hopefully van gaal actually has the reputation to treat them like shit, though i suspect we've successfully got rid of the worst culprits. old shitty players like rio, evra and vidic who poisoned the dressing room because they thought they ran the club and couldn't deal with any change.

BxkU9d-CIAA6pLq.png

Finally, some good stuff about Cassano after last year. And two years ago. Can't wait to see Milan-Parma. I want San Siro to shit on him for 90 minutes.

Well you see he can't do that or he'd be subject to a libel action, and we've already seen Moyes likes to issue those. So I'm inclined to believe he's not fabricating any of it.
The "cross dressering" bit was tongue in cheek, you did realise that?

What I'm saying is that Rio is going to spin facts to make him and his mates look like the unfortunate ones, and it was Moyes who trampled over tradition and showed the players no respect. I like how he says that Moyes and Man Utd was just a bad mix and he was unfortunate... after he's slagged him off.

And Rio refused to piss in a cup, he's no angel.

Brap brap, innit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm going to get iPhone 6/6+

I'm weak

Farhat you sheep

moyes was a disaster tactically and as a man manager but the quotes make rio look pretty bad. the defending in that 4-1 match against city was embarrassing yet it sounds like vidic and rio just went in there morally outraged that moyes, trophyless everton manager, was telling him what to do, like some bratty teenagers with their teacher. maybe he did just explain it badly, but it's a pattern in the quotes. so many of them are 'moyes told us to play a posession game, moyes took away my milk'.

hopefully van gaal actually has the reputation to treat them like shit, though i suspect we've successfully got rid of the worst culprits. old shitty players like rio, evra and vidic who poisoned the dressing room because they thought they ran the club and couldn't deal with any change.

Seriously, it sounded like Moyes was managing a squad of spoiled little girls

and they proved they are nothing without SAF, NADA.

El Topo

Well, to be honest, I just think you guys have been unlucky that Völler is in a full "Fuck Bayern" mode lately :lol

You had very much liked to sign Vidal and/or Bender. And looking at a possible Lewa, Götze and Vidal/Bender to Bayern, that's just as bad as, say, ten years ago. I also don't see a bit of a difference in signings like Rode/Kirchhoff and Schlaudraff/Baumjohann. Overall, your transfer policy has only changed slightly after our second league title (buying/spending more) and then a bit more drastic when Pep took over (Bernat, Thiago, Alonso).

We haven't really attempted to cripple the immediate competition lately outside of maybe Götze/Dante/Lewandowski and with Reus to Dortmund Gladbach was done anyway, so you could argue Dante was just bought because we needed a good defender, not because we wanted to harm Gladbach. Rode, Kirchhoff, Schlaudraff and Baumjohann were the completely usual promising talents Bayern signed because they were good at that time (and German), none of those four came from actual competitors.

I don't think you can blame Bayern for trying to get Vidal or Bender. Ultimately they didn't, it's as stupid as claiming we "tried" to steal Dzeko. Ultimately we didn't steal him. I think the Bremen/Leverkusen years were much worse, but maybe that's because the teams back then were less deep as e.g. Dortmund nowadays. Yurt even had to do some impressive mental gymnastics to fit some of our transfers/not-transfers into the "Steal from rivals just because you can" theory.

A Juventus fan lecturing us about stealing. I'm still baffled.

L1NETT

Also, that Evil Kagawa twitter guy is becoming worse and worse. Thought he likes Shinji, turns out he's just bitter about United.

Whichever child runs that account was always a fucking cretin

It's always been a dreadful account and it's worse when it gets posted in here

The PL and CL are basically on a plate for Chelsea this season. It's going to be too easy for them.

If football were that simplistic none of us would watch it

The "cross dressering" bit was tongue in cheek, you did realise that?

What I'm saying is that Rio is going to spin facts to make him and his mates look like the unfortunate ones, and it was Moyes who trampled over tradition and showed the players no respect. I like how he says that Moyes and Man Utd was just a bad mix and he was unfortunate... after he's slagged him off.

And Rio refused to piss in a cup, he's no angel.

Brap brap, innit.

I don't doubt Rio's being a little bitch about his treatment by the club at the end of his tenure. I was seriously unimpressed by his conduct on and off the pitch last season and was glad he was turfed out.

But I don't think he's strictly made any of that up, although he is of course trying to make himself look blameless.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
From Rio's writings it seems like he wouldnt have got on with Gaal either, he wouldnt have picked him, he is equally as strict, puts a huge empthasis on video technology and tactics.

Randdalf

From Rio's writings it seems like he wouldnt have got on with Gaal either, he wouldnt have picked him, he is equally as strict, puts a huge empthasis on video technology and tactics.

With Giggs as his assistant I imagine the cultural aspects are not being so trampled upon as they were with Moyes.

Whichever child runs that account was always a fucking cretin

It's always been a dreadful account and it's worse when it gets posted in here

If football were that simplistic none of us would watch it

Probably makes me look an even more aloof cunt than I actually am (which is a considerable amount btw) but I just kinda feel sorry for people that find that racist account funny.

Salazar

But I don't think he's strictly made any of that up, although he is of course trying to make himself look blameless.

I can readily think myself into the mental state in which a manager is so fucking fed up of Rio Ferdinand that he basically calls him slow* and drops him in front of the squad.

*Not a state secret innit

Bayern steal everyone good in Germany
Barca steal everyone good at Arsenal
Man City steal everyone average at Arsenal
Madrid steal everyone
Juve steal players nobody wants
Arsenal steal Barcelona children

Uh, I didn't know Pereyra wasn't available for tomorrow's CL game. Well, that's it then. Surely Asamoah will play in the midfield now? Surely we'll go for 4-3-[whatever]?!

-------------------- Buffon
------------------------------------------------------
Licht - Caceres - Bonucci/Chiellini - Evra
------ OptiPoba - Marchisio - Asa
--------------- three strikers --------------------

CL is all about intensity and counters, not lethargic possession. Allegri pls. Coman in.

I read a report of 3-5-2 but it might just be twitter bollocks. On the one hand, I can't say that I disagree with being a bit conservative against Malmo because if we fuck this up then we deserve to go out immediately. If we can start 3-5-2, score a couple goals, then try out a 4-3-3 I'd be okay with that too.

El Topo

my post was clearly a joke

You have to excuse me, I honestly couldn't tell. Might be because I just had a long, very long, one-sided conversation before that. Pretty tiring.

your president is in JAIL

Well, can't argue with that. :D
I hope he'll stay there for a while to learn his lesson, although rumors are he could (sort of) get out a lot earlier. How's Moggi doing? Still in jail?

Bayern steal everyone good in Germany
Barca steal everyone good at Arsenal
Man City steal everyone average at Arsenal
Madrid steal everyone
Juve steal players nobody wants
Arsenal steal Barcelona children

Nobody wanted Pirlo or Pogba or Vidal or Coman or Barzagli... ok nobody wanted Barzagli.

lol Shanks go home you're drunk

He'll love it at QPR then. Didn't one of Harry Redknapp's ex-players say that he didn't bother with tactics?

EDIT: Here it is, Rafael Van der Vaart...

There are no long and boring speeches about tactics, like I was used to at Real Madrid. There is a clipboard in our dressing room but Harry doesn't write anything on it."

Van der Vaart also described training sessions as being “low-key” affairs, saying that their recent successes, especially in the Champions League with the win over holders Inter, was mainly down to teamwork, not tactics.

"It's not that we do nothing - but it's close to that," he added.

Clegg

Went about signing up to societies in a strategic manner. Joined the Film, LGBT, Running, Kayaking and Trampoline societies. They're the ones that do free breakfasts once a week. An they all do them on different days.

Sorted.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RVP's elbows :lol bow legged and..elbowed? :lol

You have to excuse me, I honestly couldn't tell. Might be because I just had a long, very long, one-sided conversation before that. Pretty tiring.

Well, can't argue with that. :D
I hope he'll stay there for a while to learn a lesson, although rumors are he could (sort of) get out a lot earlier. How's Moggi doing? Still in jail?

Was never at any point in jail tsk tsk. It's okay you're German, Germans and humour are like Moyes and United, they don't mix. -- Rio Ferdy

Rooney has a very different body type to Van Persie and Falcao. Consider, for instance, the difference between a potato and a carrot. Rooney is the potato in this well thought out metaphor.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I read a report of 3-5-2 but it might just be twitter bollocks. On the one hand, I can't say that I disagree with being a bit conservative against Malmo because if we fuck this up then we deserve to go out immediately. If we can start 3-5-2, score a couple goals, then try out a 4-3-3 I'd be okay with that too.

if we don't win, then I want UEFA to press the EJECT-to-Europa button immediately after the final whistle. Just end our misery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom