• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Lol

@KazHiraiCEO: Mojang still plan to release Minecraft Vita, meaning Microsoft now has more big name PS Vita games planned than we have

Go_Ly_Dow

Also why is Falcoa so humble and shy and not a cocky cunt like the other superstars?

Is it all an act or is he really perfect Husbandao material?

Elchele

Did you guys read about a mexican politician calling Ronaldinho an "ape" in his facebook account?

:lol mexico

Also why is Falcoa so humble and shy and not a cocky cunt like the other superstars?

Is it all an act or is he really perfect Husbandao material?

he's very christian
and a great person

inky

Did you guys read about a mexican politician calling Ronaldinho an "ape" in his facebook account?

:lol mexico

#notallmexicans bro

Yea, I did. I thought about posting something yesterday but I decided against it. My country is embarrassing enough already without casual racism being thrown around by elected officials.

Jarnet87

RVP and Falcao showed yesterday that they could form a good partnership. RVP was in position to shoot and opted to pass it to Falcao who made the run. RVP recognized Falcao had made a run. This ended up in Adnan failing to score.

Falcao also nearly created a goal scoring chance for RVP.

Rooney was the best striker yesterday, but I didn't really notice any hint of chemistry between him and the other strikers.

Rooney only had chemistry with Welbeck and Chicharito, he and RVP are not mates. Roo and Berbatov weren't mates either. he'd play with Berbatov and piss off for 90 minutes, then we'd play Chicha and he'd put in a much more hard working shift and you could tell he was genuinely happier, would actually celebrate goals with him. Let us hope Roo and Falcao can be mates.

you're as deluded as Sammer. eating all the bullshit Guardiola says, he's clueless and it shows.

Mourinho and Guardiola took over new teams at the same time. Mourinho has his team all set up and could even go all the way to win the CL this season, meanwhile Guardiola did another 'reset' this season and we're even weaker than we were last season.

We've only played 4 competitive games this season and were missing Robben/Ribery/Schweini/Martinez/Thiago.

Don't think that's a fair comparison.

Elchele

We've only played 4 competitive games this season and were missing Robben/Ribery/Schweini/Martinez/Thiago.

Don't think that's a fair comparison.

We also had a lot of injuries last season. Robben isn't really out, he was only out from the last match and I think he'll play in CL anyway. And we have Lewa, Rode, Xabi now

You can't deny Guardiola is lost, at least last season he had an idea of what he was doing with his tiki-taka, of course it failed in the end because we don't have the same type of players as Barcelona and we lack a Messi.

Now he's trying to adapt to a new style of game, in which he has zero experience. I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down after a massive failure in this season.

Jack cw

you're as deluded as Sammer. eating all the bullshit Guardiola says, he's clueless and it shows.

Mourinho and Guardiola took over new teams at the same time. Mourinho has his team all set up and could even go all the way to win the CL this season, meanwhile Guardiola did another 'reset' this season and we're even weaker than we were last season.

We are still missing Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Martinez, Badstuber and Robben slowly coming back, as well as Ribery. Bayern had all players fit in their squad on only one day last season and that explains a lot. If half of your starting line up is injured you have to change tactics and formations. Pep has a plan and he was incredibly successfull last season with it and he wants the ball and we have to live with it. Sure, counter play like Dortmund and Madrid might look more spectacular but its just a question of philosophy: Positioning against Space dominance. He made one mistake last season with his rotation and taking away the tension after winning Bundesliga.

He now improves his idea with 3 defenders and two full backs playing close to the DM in midfield who plays the ball to wings. Unlike Barca, Pep uses the middle only for distraction and the wings to get the attack and win the "rebound" and surprise the confused defenders. It worked last season and it will this season.

And pls elsk, Heynckes's team was driven by revenge and emotion, they had only one goal and a repitition of such a season would have been impossible. Pep was the right man and he managed to teach those players how to play better. Call it deluded or whatever but for your own single minded vision try to understand the complexity of high level football.

inky

I don't get mexicans. They're the same kind of indios as CA, but they feel superior because they're a bit north. Pls

Calling someone and "indio" here is about the same as calling someone a "nigger" in America. If you are referring to the people descendent of the native indigenous peoples, well yea, South Eastern Mexicans are related to the Mayans and other smaller groups, just like Central Americans. Most Mexicans are mixed race (mestizo). It's a 120 million+ people country after all.

But what can I say... Mexico's history of racism is complicated. Too many inherited traumas from the caste system era, not enough civil rights movements to aid with discrimination, media controlled state that idolizes clear skinned Europeans or those of European ancestry, ignorance, half the country lives in poverty, etc.

While I don't agree with Pep's tactics, it's pretty clear that Mueller, Robben, and Lahm had become much better players under him, which is remarkable considering how good they were before he got here. I think the same could've been said for Schweinsteiger and RIbery had they stayed fit last season.

That's the cachet Guardiola brings. If you want to become the best footballer you can be, you learn from him.

Jack cw

You can't deny Guardiola is lost, at least last season he had an idea of what he was doing with his tiki-taka, of course it failed in the end because we don't have the same type of players as Barcelona and we lack a Messi.

Now he's trying to adapt to a new style of game, in which he has zero experience. I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down after a massive failure in this season.

No, just no.
He never played tiki-taka. The players did in the first 5 matches under him but after Chelsea and Leverkusen the team started a series and played football that I havent seen before in Germany, with that relentless attacking and possesion used to create those attacks.

The early win of the championship and his softness with the players, his fear to have them injured before important games killed it. And of course his 3-3-4 against Real. We never played ONE single game like Barca, because 92% of all attack situations and goals came through the wings, even more than under Heynckes. Something that Barca never did under Pep.

And LOL at the experience thing. God damn, Pep LEARNED that under Cruyff. It's the defeinition of his idea to have a strong and overloading midfield that breaks and attacks through the wings. 3-5-2 of taday is exactly this. After the beating against Real he came back to this formation that he tought Bayern in September last year. It's only a logical development and progress of his idea he had from the begining.

Elchele

No, just no.
He never played tiki-taka. The players did in the first 5 matches under him but after Chelsea and Leverkusen the team started a series and played football that I havent seen before in Germany, with that relentless attacking and possesion used to create those attacks.

The early win of the championship and his softness with the players, his fear to have them injured before important games killed it. And of course his 3-3-4 against Real. We never played ONE single game like Barca, because 92% of all attack situations and goals came through the wings, even more than under Heynckes. Something that Barca never did under Pep.

And LOL at the experience thing. God damn, Pep LEARNED that under Cruyff. It's the defeinition of his idea to have a strong and overloading midfield that breaks and attacks through the wings. 3-5-2 of taday is exactly this. After the beating against Real he came back to this formation that he tought Bayern in September last year. It's only a logical development of his idea he had from the begining.

I'm not talking about formations here. That's another, much unimportant, issue

Jack cw

I saw the latest games and I was surprised that he could actually stand his man in most dribblings. He is Messi-esque in that regard.

He is decent. He is 17 and weighs what? Around 50 pounds? And yet he manages to get passt any defender. I had to laugh at Götze and Ribery. Guadino dribbled and won more 1 on 1s in 30 minutes, than both of them in their last 5 matches. Says it all, that guy is great.

Blablurn

He is decent. He is 17 and weighs what? Around 50 pounds? And yet he manages to get passt any defender. I had to laugh at Götze and Ribery. Guadino dribbled and won more 1 on 1s in 30 minutes, than both of them in their last 5 matches. Says it all, that guy is great.

Exactly.

I just saw the Götze PK. He looks like he eats a Schnitzel every day after training.

But I cannot judge him since he actually scores goals lately.

Jack cw

Being ether'd by Madrid has created cracks which are just starting to show. The Bundesliga is irrelevant at this point, CL is everything

Not really. The only crack I have is still that 0-4 beating we took in Camp Nou in 2008. Klinsmann...

Anyway, I understand and respect opinions that crtisize Pep and his changes but that constant one liner bashing gets annoying.

Ribery's been playing with a bad back...

Jack cw

Exactly.

I just saw the Götze PK. He looks like he eats a Schnitzel every day after training.

But I cannot judge him since he actually scores goals lately.
Its okay to be chubby and he delivers lately but he has to be even more confident and should try to get past his opponent. Ribery did the same in his first years at Bayern. He lost 90% of all tackles but those other 10% were an instant goal.
Ribery's been playing with a bad back...
He had his surgery in February this year and he was mentally blocked. Explains his form in spring but that is over now and he better tries to get his mind free again because Pep will get a replacement for him in summer if he doesn't.

ANELKA IS COMING TO INDIA

Now I must see this amazing new Indian football league

Two Danish players are too! One of them was in the radio talking a bit about it, and they were offered what was basically 3 months of playing football there, for really really good money... and this was players who were about to retire. Seemed like a cool thing to try.

L1NETT

What's David James and Michael Chopra's team called?

Kerala Bing bong Blasters or summat

Iain Hume also plays for them I think

Elchele

What do you talk about then? All I hear is mimimimimi he cant do this and that...

I'm talking about tactics. Last season it was possession and passing based, classic Pep's tiki-taka. Now this season he dropped that, because our squad isn't built for it, and now he's trying a more german approach of direct play. He has no experience with it and he also decided to change the formation once again, so we're basically starting from ground zero like last season.

I don't see us winning against Man City at all, our only hope is Robben or Man City destroying themselves with some stupid shit like playing Hart.

Its okay to be chubby and he delivers lately but he has to be even more confident and should try to get past his opponent. Ribery did the same in his first years at Bayern. He lost 90% of all tackles but those other 10% were an instant goal.

u wot m8

If you're paid 12m a year to play football, you better not be chubby :lol

QpuStUu.jpg

Esch

Banned
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ozils-quality-says-arsene-wenger-9733705.html

Arsene Wenger has accused Mesut Ozil's detractors of judging the German's performance in the heat of the moment.
The 25-year-old has played every Premier League minute since arriving back to the first team following an extended post-World Cup break.

But Ozil has become a victim of his £42.5million price tag and his performances have not satisfied certain sections of the Gunners support.

The Germany international is yet to register a goal or an assist this season and has been forced out wide to accommodate the club's wealth of options in the attacking third.

“People always have this kind of attitude about him,” Wenger said, amid continued rumblings that began last winter.

“He worked hard against City and he played quite well.

“You see a good Ozil when you watch the game again. Then you realise his timing, his quality of the pass and something you can be frustrated during the game but you must not overreact.

“When you watch the game in a cool manner, you see what a good player he is. I have so many offensive players. I give him freedom to play outside and inside and he likes that.

“It is not easy but Ozil is a team player and he takes it very well.”

Two Danish players are too! One of them was in the radio talking a bit about it, and they were offered what was basically 3 months of playing football there, for really really good money... and this was players who were about to retire. Seemed like a cool thing to try.

Yea. Indian footballers are earning 350k USD over 3 year deals at the top bracket.

That's more than they will have earned playing regular football in India in 5-10 years lol.

Looks like Foreign players earn anywhere from 40/50k - 150k for the 3 month period.

Jack cw

I'm talking about tactics. Last season it was possession and passing based, classic Pep's tiki-taka. Now this season he dropped that, because our squad isn't built for it, and now he's trying a more german approach of direct play. He has no experience with it and he also decided to change the formation once again, so we're basically starting from ground zero like last season.

I don't see us winning against Man City at all, our only hope is Robben or Man City destroying themselves with some stupid shit like playing Hart.

That is a pretty shallow statement actually. Last season possession and positioning with many passes was only there to deorganize the opponents structure forcing him to make a mistake and to open free space. Tiki Taka is only there to hold the ball without having a plan, and that never happened actually. He adopted some German elements into his play because we had many injuries and were still very prone to counters (Rafinha sleeping against Dortmunds throw in, in Allianz Arena or Ribery losing the ball in Bernabeu), so he had to find another line of security and that was indeed the 3 defender line that become 5 with the 2 full backs in midfield.

We dont start at ground zero. We played exactly this against Dortmund 2 times and won, even played it in the second half against Chelsea in Super Cup. Pep came back to this because he has now 3 very capable defenders and another DM (Alonso) besides Lahm that is able to get the ball behind the first line of the opponents defence. Its a natural progress not something new.
u wot m8

If you're paid 12m a year to play football, you better not be chubby :lol

Sport1 says he earns 1 million more per kg he gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom