• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

"In fact, of the original 26-man squad named for the Euro 2016 qualifier against Germany on Sunday only three players were eligible because they were the only ones who actually live north of the border: they were the Celtic trio of Craig Gordon, Callum McGregor and Charlie Mulgrew. That number has increased with the call-up of Aberdeen’s Mark Reynolds And it is not just the players who are ineligible to vote on Sept 18. Gordon Strachan, the Scotland manager, cannot do so either. He lives in Leamington Spa in Warwickshire."

Scottish enough to represent them at their national sport, not Scottish enough to vote

Politics

Wilbur

Banned
iirc he ended up losing that Wimbledon in the final (semi maybe) with a fuck-tonne of dropped points when going to the net when his previous shot had set up an easy passing shot for his opponent

Probably just a tactic that works better against some opponents than it does against others, and relies on decision-making which fucks you over if it isn't on song

Don't think Djokovic is the man to do that against; he's quick as fuck and returns serves with so much power. Presumably the tactic is because there's so many baseliners now by coming to the net and hitting shots down close to the net you'll win them quicker, but it's a bit of a fool's errand against someone like Djokovic.

DBT85

I'll believe it when I see it. I didn't expect them to blow 150m this summer, not after the £27m on Sideshow and £37m on Mata, but long term is important, because it's clear the job isn't close to being done.

I just hope they also spend the money where it's needed elsewhere like on the scouting side.

I also want them to develop that South stand and the quads. Whenever I see it my mind races back to playing Premier Manager 2 when I was a kid and NEEDING to get the whole stadium up to par! lol.

I fucking loved that game. Gateshead were always my team, though i sometimes did well with Halifax too.

4:30 in there is a match being played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvHAy1O_BHQ

noal

Banned
I'll believe it when I see it. I didn't expect them to blow 150m this summer, not after the £27m on Sideshow and £37m on Mata, but long term is important, because it's clear the job isn't close to being done.

I just hope they also spend the money where it's needed elsewhere like on the scouting side.

I also want them to develop that South stand and the quads. Whenever I see it my mind races back to playing Premier Manager 2 when I was a kid and NEEDING to get the whole stadium up to par! lol.

I fucking loved that game.

South stand. Yes pls. I've been waiting fucking years for this. Go to skyscrapercity.com and look at all the problems with this. I don't think it can be like the north but just an extra tier will do.

Meier

Sky Sports understands a host of clubs are keeping tabs on Manchester City youngster Albert Rusnak during his loan spell in Holland.

Rusnak is currently on loan at Erevisie side Cambuur Leeuwarden until January and he has been earning reviews at the Dutch club.

The attacking midfielder has scored one goal in four games and picked up two man of the match awards as well as being named in the Eredivisie Team of the Week twice already during his first few weeks with Cambuur.
Loan stars all over the place this season.

Gurthang

Banned
q2EIhIC.png

Just wow. You wouldn't find such heartwarming relationship between a club and a player anywhere else.

#PutaBarca
#FuckBayern
HALA MADRID

Turok_TTZ

Cristiano Ronaldo took to Twitter to clarify declarations he made last week. “I heard what the President said yesterday and I’m with him 100%”.

yeah right lol

next summer sell cr7 back to man utd and use that money to get pogba and reus

Who the hell told you that?

*Runs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom