• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

I don't have a problem with his voice. I think he should stop now, though.

They're one of my favourite Manchester bands next to Stone Roses, Oasis, Joy Division, Happy Mondays and Northside etc

Bw4xPbuCYAE2rdC.png

Dat broken Jose

RiggyRob

Nah I understand in games, I mean who uses it just to take pictures(other than El Chupadapri)

Ah - in that case, if you want to take a photo of something in a subtle way I guess? I mean it's pretty obvious if you're taking a photo using a smartphone, but if you're using a 3DS / Vita people might assume you're just playing a game.

Also if you need to take a picture of your phone.

Wilbur

Banned
Nearly finished Season 1 of The Sopranos for the first time. Loving it. Absolutely loving it.

I need to get back to it. I'm halfway through season three. Really really like it but don't love it (even if Gandolfini is incredible). Would put the wire, deadwood, breaking bad and boardwalk above it out of the very little amount of shows in the accepted pantheon I've seen

Clegg

Nearly finished Season 1 of The Sopranos for the first time. Loving it. Absolutely loving it.
My favourite show. Well, either that or the West Wing. Watched most of HBO's offerings and haven't found another show that matches it's wit, drama or characters.

Wilbur

Banned
My problem with sopranos is that loads of the characters annoy me. Carmela Aj and Meadow, Artie Bucco, Christopher, and especially his sister, was it Sharon?

Wilbur

Banned
Doctor who was fun tonight. Capaldi is really good. Nothing great like last week's, but enjoyable fluff.

Been watching all the revival episodes with my little brother. I know there's a few in here that can't stand it, but I think it's great fun. If everything on television had half its ambition and inventiveness we'd be better off. You get the odd duff one and the fucking mental ones that make no sense here and there, but it's a family show that is usually very well executed.

Kikarian

Doctor who was fun tonight. Capaldi is really good. Nothing great like last week's, but enjoyable fluff.

Been watching all the revival episodes with my little brother. I know there's a few in here that can't stand it, but I think it's great fun. If everything on television had half its ambition and inventiveness we'd be better off. You get the odd duff one and the fucking mental ones that make no sense here and there, but it's a family show that is usually very well executed.
I don't think I could bring myself to watch the show in order mainly because I'm used to just putting it on when I'm flicking through the channels.

I remember the episode with the angels? Where they would move when you don't look at them. Great episode that was.

But I agree with you about it's ambition and creativeness in its ideas.

Clegg

I love it. Probably not a patch on the very best shows when it comes to presentation, but when it's done right, the Doctor can be an extremely compelling character.

Have you seen the preview for next weeks episode? Looks like it could be an incredible one. Think it's gotten the most buzz from the press out of the episodes they've been shown.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think I could bring myself to watch the show in order mainly because I'm used to just putting it on when I'm flicking through the channels.

I remember the episode with the angels? Where they would move when you don't look at them. Great episode that was.

But I agree with you about it's ambition and creativeness in its ideas.

They're all on Netflix innit, well easy m8

I love it. Probably not a patch on the very best shows when it comes to presentation, but when it's done right, the Doctor can be an extremely compelling character.

Have you seen the preview for next weeks episode? Looks like it could be an incredible one. Think it's gotten the most buzz from the press out of the episodes they've been shown.

Looks like Midnight, which is one of the very best episodes

FootballFan

I need to get back to it. I'm halfway through season three. Really really like it but don't love it (even if Gandolfini is incredible). Would put the wire, deadwood, breaking bad and boardwalk above it out of the very little amount of shows in the accepted pantheon I've seen

Mad Men mate.

Hixx

How many shows do you guys watch?

I'm currently watching like 6 shows.

I'm watching Fresh Prince (for about the trillionth time) and Hannibal. But I've watched Happy Valley over the last day or so, will finish it tomorrow.

Need to finish Arrow season 2 as well...

How many shows do you guys watch?

I'm currently watching like 6 shows.

Only drama series that is still on that I watch is mad men. Then a few comedies that I enjoy and will watch (always sunny, south park and such). But now that breaking bad is over and mad men is ending soon, we really need some new quality. Everything I have been suggested so far of other shows that are still on, just aren't that good.

Kikarian

I'm really annoyed Mob City got cancelled. I love my Mafia/corrupt politicians shows.

I have yet to watch Boardwalk Empire. Well I watched the first five but got distracted and before I knew it was on the 3rd season.

Wilbur

Banned
I watch 2/3 at a time max usually.

Currently only watching Veep though. Boardwalk and Sopranos are next on my list.

Dean just bought S1 of Veep, we'll watch that soon.

At the moment I'm watching Doctor Who, Sopranos and making my way It's always Sunny again, which gets funnier every time I watch it.

I'm watching Fresh Prince (for about the trillionth time) and Hannibal. But I've watched Happy Valley over the last day or so, will finish it tomorrow.

Need to finish Arrow season 2 as well...
I'm halfway through Arrow s2. Have been for a while.

Cannot believe that show is so popular. Don't get it.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm really annoyed Mob City got cancelled. I love my Mafia/corrupt politicians shows.

I have yet to watch Boardwalk Empire. Well I watched the first five but got distracted and before I knew it was on the 3rd season.

Starts off pretty average, seventh or eighth episode is when I started to like it. First season's definitely the weakest though. 2, 3 and 4 are all brilliant TV.

K1LLER7

I'm halfway through Arrow s2. Have been for a while.

Cannot believe that show is so popular. Don't get it.
Stopped watching Arrow after Ep.1. OITNB after Ep.9. I lose interest pretty quickly lol.

Currently watching 'Under the Dome' with my bro. Looking to start Sopranos soon.

FootballFan

Only drama series that is still on that I watch is mad men. Then a few comedies that I enjoy and will watch (always sunny, south park and such). But now that breaking bad is over and mad men is ending soon, we really need some new quality. Everything I have been suggested so far of other shows that are still on, just aren't that good.

You watched Fargo yet? It only has 1 season.

It's great imo.

I'm only watching.... Lost at the moment lol. Nothing else is on currently and I haven't seen Lost before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom