• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering absolutely nothing of note is happening this evening I might go out for a jog after my tea.

A 90 minute jog.

With an ad break.

You're going to miss out on lolerpool breakdowns though when they lose their first game back in the champions league to a team that Bradford City could beat

Never forget where you came from.

BxpLvepIgAArIvg.jpg

What a man, a true visionary, made all that money out of nothing. We need more people like him in the world.

Hixx

We are playing in the SoL in our away kit or have fun finding a competent finisher.

I just snapped my fingers irl

I'm on the toilet

Badstuber

Liverpool fans, I remember Rodgers changed Liverpool's style of play during the 2012-13 season after he realized it wasn't working. What were the changes he made?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vomit inducing

ob_f9fa77_third-vert-juventus-2014-2015.jpg

Nike is punishing us for ditching them

Just admit, you give your account to banned people. So how has had access to it? Tell us!

Richie
JuanPablo
bud
Sleepless Nights
OddMorsel
Wolverine Wilburine
KidA when we're in bed together

and now it's currently being run by Wedward.

jts

...hate me...
What's with all the new kits.

I want a new one as well dammit! Git ur shit together Warrior and Porto.

Jack cw

I miss Luca Toni :(

He still got it.

Yeah, he was incredible. Never scored one goal out of the box but he was more reliable than Gomez, Klose and Mandzukic. Nevermind, we now have Lewandowski and I'm pretty sure he will become Bayern best striker for decades.

Liverpool fans, I remember Rodgers changed Liverpool's style of play during the 2012-13 season after he realized it wasn't working. What were the changes he made?

Basically, we were playing a shitty version of tiki-taka iirc, with players who weren't capable of doing it properly. Missing out attacking oppurtunities in favour of an extra pass, giving the other team too much time to regain their shape when we break, putting ourselves under pressure with risky passes in our own half, and then losing our shape too easily when under pressure.

A lot of the defensive frailties remain, but Sturridge and Coutinho basically bought about a sea-change in our attacking play. More space between players with forwards clustering together when getting close to the box so the like of Suarez, Coutinho and Henderson had space to run into with the ball, more running off the shoulder to make use of Coutinho's through balls, basically a much higher intensity in attack. Players given the freedom to ignore an easy pass if they fancy their chances on the dribble (vital to getting the best out of Sturridge and Suarez), defenders given the freedom to hoof it when they're uncomfortable, knowing that with Suarez and Sturridge up top, a hoof could be pretty productive

In essence we started exploiting what we already had, and bringing in players to speed the attack up, rather than trying to change them into something they're not.

windfish

Yet we bought Klose, Borowski and Frings from Bremen. We were already cunts then.

Well Borowski returned a year later and Frings was bought from Dortmund, so actually Bremen bought Frings from us! Also while we got Klose they got Petersen! Sounds fair to me...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Brilliant Frank :lol

Yet we bought Klose, Borowski and Frings from Bremen. We were already cunts then.

but at least you had an identity....a flavour...

you guys keep screaming MIA SAN MIA (or 'we are who we are'), but who are you? Do you even know anymore? Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, a club does not (or shouldn't) lose its being to their manager.

Pep ought to Bayern, and not the other way around. You're completely Pep-whipped now and it shows.

Gods help you, Bayern Monaco, now you are truly lost

pep-guardiola1.jpg

(this post is sponsored by elsk to raise awareness for Hondurans stranded in Argentina with no mangos)

Blablurn

Brilliant Frank :lol

but at least you had an identity....a flavour...

you guys keep screaming MIA SAN MIA (or 'we are who we are'), but who are you? Do you even know anymore? Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, a club does not (or shouldn't) lose its being to their manager.

Pep ought to Bayern, and not the other way around. You're completely Pep-whipped now and it shows.

Gods help you, Bayern Monaco, now you are truly lost

pep-guardiola1.jpg

(this post is sponsored by elsk to raise awareness for Hondurans stranded in Argentina with no mangos)

That was probably the worst post in the history of this tread/community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom