• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Haven't you heard? Pogba has been playing FM as Chelsea, he's practically already blue

Well he is 28? 29 next year and just come off a cruciate ligament injury, might not end up being that good business, those two things considered
In his prime years. We can hopefully get a good 3/4 years out of him if he stays fit. He's made a goal scoring return so far (I think) and If he continues to keep it up it'll be a good move. Hopefully he can continue to be the player he was because he'll definitely light up the PL.

^ Option, but I think we'll sign him. Hopefully he has a good year.

Negredo had the 'obligation' to buy thing.

Edit: Mikel will be your Cleverley. He just won't let go. Oscar will come good, he's still young and has shown how good he can be. Ramires makes a good squad player. Keep 'em Mou!

Edit: Mikel will be your Cleverley. He just won't let go. Oscar will come good, he's still young and has shown how good he can be. Ramires makes a good squad player. Keep 'em Mou!

Mikel will leave once he realises that he's never going to play. Clearly that hasn't sunk in yet. Either that or our price isn't low enough yet although apparently we offered him for €5m during the window and still no-one bit.

We can still get decent money for Ramires, we should take it. Missing 6 of the last 10 games in the league last season for red cards and disciplinary hearings is unacceptable. We need more reliable people and those two aren't it even with that admittedly glorious backheel for Costa (Mikel)

Oscar can come good, but he has a lot to prove at the moment, he got lazy after Mata left and then the WC was coming up.

DBT85

Isn't it an obligation to buy like Negredo?

Not from anything that I've read so far no, it's an option. I imagine since he HAS only just come back from a big knee problem United weren't too keen on an obligatory purchase without a test drive first.

I also haven't heard anything about any of the other loans we are involved in being obligatory purchases (Nani, Clevgod etc).

Hyperlinks are the goals
Rumbo played 18 mins in one pre season match, then the next day played the first hour against Arse where he scored the only goal.

He then came on as a sub after 60 minutes in Monacos first game and scored a penalty, was on the bench for the second game and unused, then started the third game of the season and scored a diving header and palyed the whole match. He didn't play the 4th game as he was in the stands as it was on the 30th and everyone was speculating he was on the way out.

jxnYHV1WEBzuq.png

Edit: Mikel will be your Cleverley. He just won't let go.

He sure won't. Mostly cause that implies Mikel being useless like Cleverley. Mikel is not a player that should start matches, where the aim is to dominate possession and create chances against a defense standing deep, but there isn't many players better than Mikel at soaking up pressure, slowing down the game and just generally putting a stop to the opponents offensive flow. I will be happy with him staying for a long time. Too many Chelsea supporters shit on Mikel, he's useful and Mourinho knows this.

Too many Chelsea supporters shit on Mikel, he's useful and Mourinho knows this.

So, what was going to happen when we were going to sign Tiago? Because they would have known we were over the foreign quota already and the only reason we didn't get him was because he has third party ownership and we refused to pay anything.

Jose was going to ship him off but couldn't get his replacement so he stayed. I heard rumours of him threatening to Bogarde but I don't know how true that was... I don't think Jose has any real thoughts on his usefulness.

So, what was going to happen when we were going to sign Tiago? Because they would have known we were over the foreign quota already and the only reason we didn't get him was because he has third party ownership and we refused to pay anything.

How about not registering 3 foreign keepers for one, seems reasonable. Thiago coming would hardly certain mean death to Mikels career at Chelsea.

Can't care much for internet rumor about what Mikel has threatened to do... .If he actually did threaten to do that, I bet you he wouldn't be playing under Mou. Lets wait and see at the end of this season, I'm feeling confident he will have gotten quite a lot of matches by that time.

How about not registering 3 foreign keepers for one, seems reasonable. Thiago coming would hardly certain mean death to Mikels career at Chelsea.

Can't care much for internet rumor about what Mikel has threatened to do... .If he actually did threaten to do that, I bet you he wouldn't be playing under Mou. Lets wait and see at the end of this season, I'm feeling confident he will have gotten quite a lot of matches by that time.

Keeper situation is somewhat bizarre, clearly they weren't expecting/intending one of Courtois/Cech to be at the club although I find it weird how nothing really happened with Cech - it doesn't even really seem like we actually offered him anywhere either, I'd imagine he will be off in January though. I still expect us to go back for Ruddy eventually - he's still at Norwich right?

Did we really need Cesc, Matic, Ramires, Tiago and Mikel? Seems like overkill and a lot of wages (considering his FFP comments) for 3 players who clearly aren't first choice, when one of Matic/Cesc is rested/injured I doubt the other will be out too. Plus Ake and Baker, if we wanted to consider all the options in those places, might as well ship them out on loan if they're going to be behind that lot in the pecking order...

Keeper situation is somewhat bizarre, clearly they weren't expecting/intending one of Courtois/Cech to be at the club although I find it weird how nothing really happened with Cech - it doesn't even really seem like we actually offered him anywhere either, I'd imagine he will be off in January though. I still expect us to go back for Ruddy eventually - he's still at Norwich right?

Did we really need Cesc, Matic, Ramires, Tiago and Mikel? Seems like overkill and a lot of wages (considering his FFP comments) for 3 players who clearly aren't first choice, when one of Matic/Cesc is rested/injured I doubt the other will be out too. Plus Ake and Baker, if we wanted to consider all the options in those places, might as well ship them out on loan if they're going to be behind that lot in the pecking order...

Ake and Baker probably would have been off on loan in that situation yes, but it's all a lot of if's and but's. As we're going to see Chelsea play better teams, that aren't promoted teams like Burnley and Leicster, Mourinho will certainly use another third more defensive (or well hard working) midfielder like Ramires with Fabregas and Matic, like against Everton. Then having Thiago on top of the current midfielders suddenly doesn't seem too crazy, especially with the amount of cup matches and what not coming up soon too. I think the whole reason the club was even in for Thiago was that he would have been fairly cheap on the FFP side, being free of contract and all, he would hardly add that much to the FFP list at least, especially when as you said the club probably didn't expect both Cech and Courtois to stay.

Tubie

just use 4-2-3-1 like mou used to, carlo

He should, but the media and fans would turn against him after just one match, regardless of result.

Madrid actually has a decent team if played right, but we're fucked as long as politics and shirt sales are more important than actually winning games.

Navas
Carvajal-Pepe-Ramos-Coentrao
Khedira-Modric
Bale-Kroos-Ronaldo
Benzema

That would be a very decent line up. Bring in James/Isco and Illaramendi (boy needs confidence more than anything) during the second half.

pappe

Its gonna be heart breaking to see Ronaldo play for Chelsea next season after he refuses to sign for us because ADM has a better season than him and gets to keep no. 7.

Esch

Banned
Mexico-Chile was a disgrace. What's the point of even calling it a 'friendly' if you're going to foul and rough up Chilean players like a bunch of rude jackasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom