• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Okay this might be a dumb question but what does this chart mean? I'm kind of lost

If those seven clubs were a mini league, compiling the results only against each other, that's how many points they'd all have during Mourinho's time at Chelsea (so August 2004-September 2007 and then August 2013-now)

Clegg

Think I'm caught up on most shows now. Seen most of the 'essentials' and I'm up to date on my procedural du jour, Person of Interest. Veep is the one show I really want to watch.

Kikarian

I have so many to catch up on.

My problem is not sticking to one show because of how many I watch. I might watch two episodes of The Wire then 1 of Utopia and three of Mad Men so on...

Ive not seen The Sopranos or The Wire. Seen some of Boardwalk Empire... I should really catch up.

Too busy watching Weeds to watch those, and playing shitty games

Timurid

APehO0V.jpg

HtaV95x.gif

GorillaJu

My best friend and his wife are staying with me for two weeks. They've been here for 3 days so far, and the dude hasn't showered yet. ;..;

GorillaJu

His wife says nothing?

She has been. Last night she sat down on the couch and instantly goes "god you stink!"

Do you guys take morning or evening showers? I honestly can't imagine going to bed without taking a shower first. Especially if you're a living grease blob like this guy is right now.

She has been. Last night she sat down on the couch and instantly goes "god you stink!"

Do you guys take morning or evening showers? I honestly can't imagine going to bed without taking a shower first. Especially if you're a living grease blob like this guy is right now.

Often do both, however if I skip one it's the evening shower.

moai

So chile-mexico is coming up.
I hope it's a good match, both teams were dramatically eliminated on second round during the WC.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
International breaks are doing things to you guys.

international breaks would be more fun if we had more than 1-2 matches every day, that's why the World Cup/Euros/Copa America are fun.

K1LLER7

Apparently Carlo wants to use Bale in the Di Maria role and James will join Ronaldo and Benzema in attack.
Could work, but Bale isn't as good on the ball. Plus it takes away the opportunity of using his pace to get behind the defence.

Just drop James and play somebody else in a 433.

K1LLER7

"Meanwhile, on loans, Manchester United are adamant that the fee paid to secure Radamel Falcao for a season from Monaco is just £4.76 million. However, that does not come close to covering the overall cost of the deal with United paying the 28-year-old striker’s £265,000-a-week wages. It takes the figure for the season to more than £18.5 million. The club have agreed the terms of a permanent deal should it take up the option next summer of a fee of £43  million – plus meeting Falcao’s wage demands."

MPW

"Meanwhile, on loans, Manchester United are adamant that the fee paid to secure Radamel Falcao for a season from Monaco is just £4.76 million. However, that does not come close to covering the overall cost of the deal with United paying the 28-year-old striker’s £265,000-a-week wages. It takes the figure for the season to more than £18.5 million. The club have agreed the terms of a permanent deal should it take up the option next summer of a fee of £43  million – plus meeting Falcao’s wage demands."

S7zTLMd.gif

Apparently Carlo wants to use Bale in the Di Maria role and James will join Ronaldo and Benzema in attack.

lol

just use 4-2-3-1 like mou used to, carlo

Woodward gives no fucks. The man is a muppet. Let's hope he has Pogba fever.

K1LLER7

Bale earns more than that.

And I wonder how the wages thing has been dealt with for Falcao. As in Monaco he would have got all of his wages as there is no tax, not the case here.
Yep.

Not such a surprising figure when it comes to including wages too.

Potential 'transfer fee' for Falcao comes to ~£48m once the club buys him permanently next season. That's surprisingly low for a player of his class in the current market. Woodward done good.

Woodward gives no fucks. The man is a muppet. Let's hope he has Pogba fever.

Haven't you heard? Pogba has been playing FM as Chelsea, he's practically already blue

Yep.

Not such a surprising figure when it comes to including wages too.

Potential 'transfer fee' for Falcao comes to ~£48m once the club buys him permanently next season. That's surprisingly low for a player of his class in the current market. Woodward done good.

Well he is 28? 29 next year and just come off a cruciate ligament injury, might not end up being that good business, those two things considered

DBT85

Well he is 28? 29 next year and just come off a cruciate ligament injury, might not end up being that good business, those two things considered

Well we probably wouldn't buy him if he's crap this year or his leg falls off. I mean, that's just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom