• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Are you coming to nz for the footballgaf meet?

Lightning and I will welcome you, Lloyd and Dean with open arms.

I will probably never go to Australia or New Zealand because I don't like flying and the length of the flights are too long and I also don't like everything in Australia that wants to eat me

FootballFan

I will probably never go to Australia or New Zealand because I don't like flying and the length of the flights are too long and I also don't like everything in Australia that wants to eat me

You will finally get to see a beach though!!

Nz is Australia minus the killer animals.

Arnie

I'm probably more excited for the next United match than most of youse just so we can crush this absurd surge of optimism.

You're still playing a 3-5-2 with Ashley Young at wingback, Phillip Jones in central defence and Darren Fletcher.

A friend of a friend quit his £40k a year job at Goldman Sachs last week because he's afraid of flying and there was a one week training course in New York.

He's now signed on.

Fucking tragic.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm probably more excited for the next United match than most of youse just so we can crush this absurd surge of optimism.

You're still playing a 3-5-2 with Ashley Young at wingback, Phillip Jones in central defence and Darren Fletcher.

m8 fletcher ain't getting a look in. Di Maria and Herrera in the middle.

Arnie

m8 fletcher ain't getting a look in. Di Maria and Herrera in the middle.

Just so you know, that's a worse midfield duo.

Di Maria is not a central midfielder and United will be fucking rolled over if you insist otherwise.

Arnie, pls.

Radamel is gonna tear Rio a new one.
Ultimately you just aren't a very good football team. As in you don't really play football at all well across the pitch. You don't pass well. You don't defend well. And you certainly don't create an overwhelming amount of chances. Nor do you get the maximum (or even close to it) from your players.

Di Maria was supposed to be the answer at Burnley.

Falcao will be held up as the answer at QPR.

But neither are the answer.

Wilbur

Banned
Just so you know, that's a worse midfield duo.

Di Maria is not a central midfielder and United will be fucking rolled over if you insist otherwise.

Played in centre midfield all last season. Granted it was aside Alonso and Modric, but he still played there.

I think he'll play there whether we play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3. Just depends where Blind is playing I guess; defence or midfield. He plays in the middle, ADM might play wingback or wide in a 4-3-3.

I still don't get the whole "everything is trying to kill you in Australia stereotype" been here for yonks and the worst I see is a dead kangaroo on the road every morning.

King_Moc

Banned
A friend of a friend quit his £40k a year job at Goldman Sachs last week because he's afraid of flying and there was a one week training course in New York.

He's now signed on.

Fucking tragic.

Wtf? I'm terrified of flying and pretty much have a panic attack every time I do it. You just have to man up and refuse to let it stop you. Quitting a well paying job because you'd need to do two 8 hour flights...wow.

Arnie

Played in centre midfield all last season. Granted it was aside Alonso and Modric, but he still played there.

I think he'll play there whether we play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3. Just depends where Blind is playing I guess; defence or midfield. He plays in the middle, ADM might play wingback or wide in a 4-3-3.

Right, but you should (and it sounds like you do) recognise the chasm of difference between a midfield three of Alonso, Modric and ADM and a trio of Blind/Fletcher, Herrera and ADM. Especially in the Premier League.

It's not a solution to throw ADM in there. The solution is to buy another central midfielder, which sounds like the priority for January. Hopefully for United Strootman fully recovers from his injury.

Wtf? I'm terrified of flying and pretty much have a panic attack every time I do it. You just have to man up and refuse to let it stop you. Quitting a well paying job because you'd need to do two 8 hour flights...wow.
I know.

I used to have slight anxiety attacks when sitting down for a restaurant meal. Just meant I couldn't really eat and lost my appetite.

My job demanded I do it anyway, so I did it, and now it seems absurd. It's about retraining your brain to understand that there's nothing to fear and take control of the situation.

So tragic that he's gone from wealth to signing on because of irrational fear.

K1LLER7

this whole 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 with two wingers must stop ASAP, it will NEVER work :lol
Awsomeoah was the answer :(

Go 4312.

Let Rafael and Shaw work the wings.

------- Blind ------

Herrera --- Di Maria

------- Rooneh -----

----- RVP -- RUMBO ---

Wilbur

Banned
I think we'll line up like this:

De Gea; Jones, Evans, Rojo; Valencia, Herrera, Di Maria, Blind; Rooney; Falcao, van Persie

Not saying that'll work, and I'd rather we switched to 4-3-3 to accommodate people like Di Maria better, but that's what I think we'll see.

I still don't get the whole "everything is trying to kill you in Australia stereotype" been here for yonks and the worst I see is a dead kangaroo on the road every morning.

Nah, various people have told me the common house spider is bigger than a small car so fuck that

Bold One

Who are the PS4 destiny bros on footballgaf?

Destiny_Character_Art_Warlock.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Right, but you should (and it sounds like you do) recognise the chasm of difference between a midfield three of Alonso, Modric and ADM and a trio of Blind/Fletcher, Herrera and ADM. Especially in the Premier League.

It's not a solution to throw ADM in there. The solution is to buy another central midfielder, which sounds like the priority for January. Hopefully for United Strootman fully recovers from his injury.

Yeah I agree, but until January we'll make do with what we have, and that invariably means Di Maria will be playing centre mid because the alternative is Anderson.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh right you have Blind now! I guess he can slot in LWB?

-
Guys I think Vidal is still #angry

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal silenced doubters by playing 90 minutes for Chile. “My knee is 100 per cent.”

There had been reports his knee would not hold out, but Vidal was on the field for the full 0-0 friendly draw against Mexico last night.

“You can relax, my knee is back to 100 per cent,” he told reporters.

“Now I am ready for the flight to Turin and in this game I proved that I can play in every Juventus match this season.

“I feel in great shape. We have a series of big games coming up: Udinese, then the Champions League and after that Milan.

“They will all be tough, I will have to be 100 per cent, but tonight I proved that I can play a full match without problems
.”

Arnie

Yeah I agree, but until January we'll make do with what we have, and that invariably means Di Maria will be playing centre mid because the alternative is Anderson.

You should take Titus Bramble on a free and have a spine of power doughnuts.

I watched a couple of Fringe episodes and I..don't think I liked it.

Is it basically Scifi-mystery of the week being solved by wacky characters? The old guy in particular was too much :lol

Are you suuuure? :lol because I pretty much answer everythin :lol

i6FGrn8qaHI0i.gif

You ignored me.

Hindle

Banned

I'm in Aus at the moment, traveling, and it's pretty fucking cool m8. The flight is split into two parts, one 12 hour flight and then a 7 hour one.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm in Aus at the moment, traveling, and it's pretty fucking cool m8. The flight is split into two parts, one 12 hour flight and then a 7 hour one.

I did eight hours to New York and hated it, don't think I could do a 12 hour one. Not sure.

Doing 4 hours to turkey next week and even that I'm not looking forward to.

Tc91

FACK. Totally forgot about Money May. Not too excited with it being a rematch though. Not sure Maidana earned it.

Mayweather fights next week too? Maidana is gonna get a beat down.

Yep Saturday night, have you watched the Mayweather vs Maidana All Access 2? It's brilliant, 2 episodes so far next one Wednesday. His lifestyle is just insane.

I want Halo!!

Same here, probably gonna pick up a Xbone just for that Halo collection.

Di Maria Blind Herrera midfield is fine for the premier league. Herrera has already shown that he will try and win the ball back and Di Maria covered for Ronaldo and Marcelo last season. His defensive work isn't something to question.

We have such similar taste in everything kida,pls don't ruin it with her.

I will never abandon Zooey.

FootballFan

Di Maria Blind Herrera midfield is fine for the premier league. Herrera has already shown that he will try and win the ball back and Di Maria covered for Ronaldo and Marcelo last season. His defensive work isn't something to question.

Yep. Always said that to Madridistas but they always hated Di maria. Poor guy,

Arnie

Herrera looked like he needed time to acclimatise to the league. Blind is coming from Holland. Di Maria will be knocked off the ball easily.

It's a fine trio for the Premier League but it isn't going to be enough to dominate the game against better teams.

Hindle

Banned
I did eight hours to New York and hated it, don't think I could do a 12 hour one. Not sure.

Doing 4 hours to turkey next week and even that I'm not looking forward to.

I see, yea maybe not the best idea to do a 12 hour flight then. but, if you can, you won't regret when you land in Aus, Sydney especially is an awesome city.

I have to agree with Yurt. It can't work, and even if it can, not with the current Manchester United team.

The defence is just not there. I don't think there'll be enough difference even with Rojo and Blind in the team. That's just no unity or comandeering influence at our backend.

Pity De Gea is too inexperienced to be made captain, that's the best I can think of, by having a lead at the back to feed the front.

EDIT: Have fun at the beach Wilbur. You'll take a picture like this right? But naked.

174611.jpg

Link for FootyGAF Destiny group

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/100787

Few things to note (not looked at it for a while)

1) It seems to have removed the console-seperation from the Group, not sure if it'll be reintroduced
2) I don't know what the clan benefits are over the group
3) If you request an invite and your bungie username is different to your name here, send me a PM on here or there saying who you are. Lurkers are welcome as long as too many don't try joining (like that'd happen :p)
4) I might make that group into a clan as well, problem is it seems that you can only be in one clan, so it might not be the best choice
5) kingelessar if you're reading this, I missed your invite request and it expired, so I've sent an invite on bungie.net

Tc91

I have to agree with Yurt. It can't work, and even if it can, not with the current Manchester United team.

The defence is just not there. I don't think there'll be enough difference even with Rojo and Blind in the team. That's just no unity or comandeering influence at our backend.

Pity De Gea is too inexperienced to be made captain, that's the best I can think of, by having a lead at the back to feed the front.

I agree with the defence they all look shit scared when they have the ball and there is no leader there now Vidic has gone but Blind was captain at Ajax so hopefully he will be the one to stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom