• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna wait on Destiny and see what is actually is. The beta was pretty boring.

I don't think it'll be much different from the beta tbh. I have plenty of reservations about it, but we'll see. Gonna live and die by the strength of the community, if everyone has outlevelled me by Thursday it'll become a pain in the arse to try and play with people I (kind of) know.

Fintan

I was initially excited for Destiny because it seemed like it might recapture at least some of what made Halo MP so good. But the Beta wasn't that impressive so I'm going to leave it for now.

Tc91

Have the Destiny bro's input all those codes yet into the website?

Head over to http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption and sign into your desired account.
Press CTRL + Shift + J, doing so should bring up a box that presents a bit of coding and whatnot .
Paste the following code in its entirety into the area below all of the text .

var codes=["YKA-RJG-MH9", "3DA-P4X-F6A", "MVD-4N3-NKH", "TCN-HCD-TGY", "HDX-ALM-V4K", "473-MXR-3X9", "JMR-LFN-4A3", "HC3-H44-DKC", "69P-KRM-JJA", "69P-VCH-337", "69R-CKD-X7L", "69R-DDD-FCP", "69R-F99-AXG", "69R-VL7-J6A", "69X-DJN-74V", "6A7-7NP-3X7", "6A9-DTG-YGN", "7F9-767-F74", "FJ9-LAM-67F", "JD7-4CM-HJG", "JDT-NLC-JKM", "JNX-DMH-XLA", "7CP-94V-LFP", "7MM-VPD-MHP", "RXC-9XJ-4MH"];
var codeField = document.getElementById("text_code");
var i = 0;
var delay = 2500;
function enterCodeLoop () { setTimeout(function () { codeField.value = codes; $(".btn_submitCode")[0].click(); i++; if (i < codes.length) { enterCodeLoop(); } }, delay) }
enterCodeLoop();

If done correctly, you should see all of the codes being redeemed simultaneously.

Go do it!

Grimoires:
For those that don't know, Grimoire Cards are basically like in game achievements which will unlock additional lore for Destiny. Once you complete a certain objective (X kills with a Scout Rifle, Y Fallen Vandal kills, Z Strike completions), you'll gain access to the corresponding card. You can check all of your cards out over at bungie.net once the game goes live.

Herrera looked like he needed time to acclimatise to the league. Blind is coming from Holland. Di Maria will be knocked off the ball easily.

It's a fine trio for the Premier League but it isn't going to be enough to dominate the game against better teams.

I don't think Di Maria will be knocked off the ball easily. He's skinny, but he's a player that can ride tackles. Besides, he just had his best season there. I don't see why United should go away from that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
btw Nathan, what was that picture you sent me :lol

or who is it rather? Because If it's yours, that's a game changer :lol #ShyamalanTwist

what's so exciting about Destiny?

Have the Destiny bro's input all those codes yet into the website?

Go do it!

Grimoires:

That code-inputting stuff is a hugely boring process btw

And the Grimoire cards look like shit on my laptop, can barely read them

edit: oh for fuck's sake, I could have done them all at once? FUCK

btw Nathan, what was that picture you sent me :lol

or who is it rather? Because If it's yours, that's a game changer :lol #ShyamalanTwist

what's so exciting about Destiny?

it's not me

it's someone

that's all you need to know

ig5XpYvjy8fmE.gif

Tc91

That code-inputting stuff is a hugely boring process btw

And the Grimoire cards look like shit on my laptop, can barely read them

edit: oh for fuck's sake, I could have done them all at once? FUCK

:looool

Am I right, those cards give you extra stuff like monsters drop extra glimmer etc when you kill a certain amount? Or is it just lore stuff.

Fintan

I assume everyone is going to watch Georgia-Ireland later? The real start of the O'Neill-Keane era. Expect a boring draw.

LTWheels

Aye, I don't really get Destiny.

The combat isn't fun. The PVP is a mess. The respawning enemies are tedious.

I agree with this. The whole time I played the beta, I was wishing that it didn't have any of the RPG mechanics.

In reality I just want 'Halo' rather than the how Destiny is structured.

L1NETT

I think Destiny will have legs in the same way Diablo and Borderlands have legs. Loot driven game will keep folks invested. PVP will become a wasteland within the month I reckon.

But I won't be playing it, small slither I played of it bored my tits off. Po faced lore, surprisingly gubbins AI for Bungie and pretty weak second to second combat.

Oh yeah I am all about that Halo 2 action. Gimme gimme gimme

and throw in a dash of Far Cry and that's me for the rest of 2014 games wise. Aside from the geeza who made To The Moon's new game.

I am gonna get Destiny, I had fun with the Beta running around with Hitcher for a little bit. The PvP was meh, but hopefully the clan stuff will make it more fun.

Hixx

Fireteams being capped at 3 is so stupid. 4 is a good number.

Shit should scale to how many people are in it.

The PvP was the only thing I really enjoyed in it, though the map on the moon with the vehicles was kind of tedious until I learned you can summon your personal speeder in pvp :O

edit: Titanfall is pure fun. shuyomouf

WJD

Titanfall is boss

Will probably buy Destiny now that I actually have access to some disposable income

FIFA obvs

Halo MCC obvs

Sunset Overdrive depending on reviews

Dunno what else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom