• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

PSV finish top? Dinamo is going to hammer them mate. They've very good this season. PSV should get second though.

As for Ajax it would be best for the coefficient if you finish third and make a deep EL run instead. It's how Benfica and Porto's incompetence in the CL have Portugal's coefficient so artificially high.

For the points it might be better. But on the other hand we always fuck up terribly when we go to the EL. Like something changes. And this is our fifth consecutive CL year, we really need to get trough to the last 16 at some point. This is starting to be embarassing.

Hah, apparently league officials now check the length of the grass in Premier League stadiums before every match to make sure it's cut to a maximum of 30mm - they do this because of Steven Gerrard's whinging complaints about the grass being too long at the Boleyn last season. They still won the match, but Gerrard was obviously a bit paranoid, claiming we'd used all sorts of nonsense tactics to unsettle precious Liverpool.

"They came and said the coach wasn't allowed to park where it should have parked, the changing rooms were too hot, the grass was too long. And they only managed to win with two (dubious) penalties."

DBT85

If it was one choice then C, because its a Ferrari. But if I had two then C and A.

As for lottery winning supercars, I really like the Porsche 918 and I hate Porsche cars as a standard rule.

GorillaJu

Hah, apparently league officials now check the length of the grass in Premier League stadiums before every match to make sure it's cut to a maximum of 30mm - they do this because of Steven Gerrard's whinging complaints about the grass being too long at the Boleyn last season. They still won the match, but Gerrard was obviously a bit paranoid, claiming we'd used all sorts of nonsense tactics to unsettle precious Liverpool.

"They came and said the coach wasn't allowed to park where it should have parked, the changing rooms were too hot, the grass was too long. And they only managed to win with two (dubious) penalties."

God forbid some standard of quality be maintained.

jts

...hate me...
Yes pennywise. R8 is my car if I won the lottery. Sex.
Fool!

14%2B-%2B1

Macca P1 or bust.

DBT85

Meh, teams have always used home advantage to make life difficult for opposing teams. Heating on in the summer, no heating in the winter, only cold water in the showers, watering the pitch a lot, not watering it enough, etc.

Just banter innit.

Salazar

Meh, teams have always used home advantage to make life difficult for opposing teams. Heating on in the summer, no heating in the winter, only cold water in the showers, watering the pitch a lot, not watering it enough, etc.

Just banter innit.

If Angel wants our corner topography changed, we should fucking do it. Let him design his own runup.

And all it took was some complaining in the press from Stevie Fucking G. No one else had an issue with our pitch last season and the length of the grass certainly didn't stop top sides coming and fucking demolishing us at the Boleyn. I just find it amusing that Gerrard's opinion holds so much weight, makes you wonder what else he could get changed with a few more pointed comments in the papers...

DBT85

If Angel wants our corner topography changed, we should fucking do it. Let him design his own runup.

Oh absolutely, you set things up for your own team and fuck everyone else. Though I don;t know hat they'll do at OT as it's raised up for a reason. I doubt they'll change anything, just give DDM7 some crampons.

But if you want long grass because you play hoofball and want to slow down passing then go for it. Same for both sides, you have to adapt.

kharma45

Oi James! 2x 970s or 1x 980? They both seem to have pretty cheap US prices!

I'm not a fan of multi GPU set ups. Still can have micro stutter problems, you might well need a new PSU and there are still games that release that initially don't support it, and others that can have issues even if they do.

I'd lean to a single 980 at the minute, but I'd need to read up more around the 970 to see the craic. Trying to covertly work my way through reviews at work.

I'm not a fan of multi GPU set ups. Still can have micro stutter problems, you might well need a new PSU and there are still games that release that initially don't support it, and others that can have issues even if they do.

I'd lean to a single 980 at the minute, but I'd need to read up more around the 970 to see the craic. Trying to covertly work my way through reviews at work.

tell me if you think it might be worth saving the money and just getting one 970 instead of one 980. My Rift is arriving next month so I want a new GPU to power the games.

Are you giving the second 970 to me?

Personally I'd always go for a single card set up

but you're ditching Believe FC?

kharma45

tell me if you think it might be worth saving the money and just getting one 970 instead of one 980. My Rift is arriving next month so I want a new GPU to power the games

I'm looking to upgrade too and the 970 is catching my eye. All the power of a 290X using less electric to do so and all for ~£270.

I can't see the 970 having much issue powering it tbh. Like the 970 is almost as quick as a 780 Ti.

DBT85

What are you guys playing and at what res that you need more oomph? I'm still rocking my 6950 @ 6970 and having no issues on the few PC games I play at 2560xwhatever it is.

EDIt: should add I'm not playing FPS's and stuff so that probably why.

kharma45

What are you guys playing and at what res that you need more oomph? I'm still rocking my 6950 @ 6970 and having no issues on the few PC games I play at 2560xwhatever it is.

1080p... but I wouldn't mind downsampling from something like 1440p. Plus it's nice to be able to turn everything up full, can't really do that any more with my OC'd 7850.

I'm looking to upgrade too and the 970 is catching my eye. All the power of a 290X using less electric to do so and all for ~£270.

I can't see the 970 having much issue powering it tbh. Like the 970 is almost as quick as a 780 Ti.

I just looked at SCAN to see the prices and yeah I am going to pick up a 970. Just need to ask my friend if I can grab a GPU first and then pay him back.

I need a better GPU for when my Rift arrives cause that thing needs a lot of power.

kharma45

I just looked at SCAN to see the prices and yeah I am going to pick up a 970. Just need to ask my friend if I can grab a GPU first and then pay him back.

I need a better GPU for when my Rift arrives cause that thing needs a lot of power.

The basic EVGA ACX one at 264 seems a good deal. Need to see if the SC is worth the extra. Galaxy and Gigabyte cards look good too.

Lightning

Banned
I wonder if we can call back Jenkinson in january
Apparently Wenger's said this at the Villa press conference:

Wenger: Debuchy's injury will be assessed today. "If he doesn't need surgery, it'll be 6 wks. If he does need surgery, it will be 3 mnths."

So based on that maximum is January. Not really worth recalling Jenkinson, he's not any better than Bellerin anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO VOTED�� love you all ����

FWIW: my friends said B, but A for Daily driving. Sister said C, gf said A. Long distance bf L1NETT said R8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom