• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
He's not a winger.

He's an attacking midfielder. Playing him out wide shouldn't neuter his ability so much as to be incapable of playing football.

Notice how Cazorla can play wide or through the middle, or Oxlade-Chamberlain. Even Welbeck offers something out wide.

Looking at the highlights Kroos is having another really good game, his passing has been exceptional both short and long. I'm attributing a lot of our pacing to his gameplay decisions this game.

Scum

sackpardew.com is down

How you going to launch a campaign to force him out when your website doesn't even work

5YRcF.gif

tbf, Welbeck is shit out wide

He was useful outwide for United only because the midfield consisted of Cleverley, Fletcher, Fellaini, or Carrick. All players that struggle under immense pressure and aren't technically gifted. Also United had Rooney (who has days where his touch is shit), and Valencia or Young.

Basically, if a good team played United, those players would have trouble bringing the ball up the field under pressure and Welbeck was always useful in doing that due to his pace, power, and technical ability. He was the guy who could do a job in big games. In a great team he wouldn't be useful out wide as there won't be much of a job for him to do.

He never looked threatening out wide because he didn't provide goals or threatening passes.

EmiPrime

I hate RM because of their fascist history, fans and the way they behave in the transfer market buying players with money they don't have, inflating prices for everyone else and destabilising players at other clubs when they come knocking.

Marc

Mata is the same though. Mata on the wing is a different player to the player who plays through the middle.

And I find it utterly disappointing he only seems to be able to play well in one position also.

Just to clarify, you're talking about as a fake winger on the left as his best position right?

That's where he has played best fro U21's, Valencia and Chelsea. As I keep hearing everyone say his best position is a 10 yet plays crap there for the most part.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tonight's the night our team falls apart.

Tonight's the night Allegri shows his true colours and we turn against him

tumblr_mpxxe7hLOk1rxg8pro1_500.gif

Atleti was on a 14 year losing streak against Madrid before Simeone took over.

They have the right to be sour, and hate us.

I would like to think that I (personally) played a hand in breaking that curse. The one time I attend a Madrid derby, Atletico wins and the rest is history.

Barzul

The reason Ozil plays way better in the middle vs the wing is because his positional awareness is very high. When he plays in the middle he can see everything around him. When he's on the wing he can only see what is on the right of him. It restricts his creativity as his biggest asset is chance creation and when he can see more he can create more chances. I imagine that's what Wenger would say.

inky

The point is, Arsenal doesn't need to play Ozil wide, they got enough wide players so who gives a shit if he can't play as well there. Play one of your best men on his best position and this is what happens.

Wilbur

Banned
The reason Ozil plays way better in the middle vs the wing is because his positional awareness is very high. When he plays in the middle he can see everything around him. When he's on the wing he can only see what is on the right of him. It restricts his creativity as his biggest asset is chance creation and when he can see more he can create more chances. I imagine that's what Wenger would say.

... what

but there is only things to the right of him

therefore he CAN see everything

... what

bud

if you're going to spend over forty million pounds on a player, at least have the decency to play him in his favourite position.

Wilbur

Banned
Jelavic is genuinely a brilliant instinctive finisher. Haven't every single one of his goals in England come from a one touch finish?

Suen

Historical rivalry. Also, know, stupid political reasons.

EDIT: Suen, my sarcasm detector is broken must be the Gin&Tonic

:lol
:lol pls. I thought you were joking back at first hahaha

Spain vs Catalonia.

Alfredo Di Stefano

Best team vs 2nd best team

Pulga vs FF
Why do Juve hate Inter? How can you hate someone with Thohir as president? Why do Parma hate Juventus? Why is Serie A so beautiful. Why Yurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom