• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbeck played like shit whether he was a striker or a winger. There wasn't much notable difference. There is in Ozil's play.

And I believe there's also a difference between a striker playing that position and attacking left, and attacking centre playing attacking left.

Why do you think that? There's quite a few different qualities you need, even if many are also shared.

Mata is another example of a player producing a hell lot less and not being able to adapt from the attacking center, to the wing properly. Not helping the team out going back and not producing nearly as much as he did in the center. Or how about fucking Kagawa, wasn't that the excuse for all the years?

Wilbur

Banned
Gervinho, Walcott, Ox

he can create out wide, he's just not as good as he would be in the middle—which is further unbalanced because he's a defensive liability on the wing

Gervinho isn't a traditional winger, he's an inside forward (and was played as a striker too). Oxlade-Chamberlain says his best position is centrally and Walcott says it's as a striker, but I hear no excuses made for them when they play poorly. Besides, both again like to cut in. Neither play as traditional wingers.

No one really plays traditional wingers anymore. We play fucking Valencia, but that's about it.

If by traditional you possibly mean 'defend and track back', then the likes of Hazard, Di Maria, Pedro all do this without having to abandon end product for defensive diligence.

Wilbur

Banned
Why do you think that? There's quite a few different qualities you need, even if many are also shared.

Mata is another example of a player producing a hell lot less and not being able to adapt from the attacking center, to the wing properly. Not helping the team out going back and not producing nearly as much as he did in the center. Or how about fucking Kagawa, wasn't that the excuse for all the years?

Literally in the last few pages I've expressed annoyance with Mata's and Kagawa's performances :lol

Keep up m8

L1NETT

L1NETT: I really think Alli might be the real deal.

He just might be Wes my man. Haven't seen many better 18 year olds in my time watching lower league hipster football

Big clubs will come a sniffing in January

Problem is...if he goes to Liverpool/United he'll get 0 minutes

Then he is the next John Bostock

The_Joker

EOctCuO.jpg

Fintan

I really hope Mou will start Ramires in the midfield with Matic tomorrow. Fabregas is so much better when given that extra freedom + the whole team gets more balanced. Lets pray that Matic will boss Yaya like last time.
I read one preview suggesting it will be 4-3-3 with Oscar-Fabregas-Matic. Really hope that isn't true. As you say, Ramirez gives the balance we need and hopefully take some pressure off Fabregas. Can't see Oscar having that same energy.

I'm guessing since Schurrle was rested k
Midweek he'll start over Willian. Not sure about that, he always looks so much better coming off the bench!

Literally in the last few pages I've expressed annoyance with Mata's and Kagawa's performances :lol

Keep up m8

Then what is your point, i don't understand Nathan fucking lobster. Clearly not all central attacking mids are cut for being thrown on the wing, but you disagree and think they should be able to... But they are clearly not all of them... Nathan, I hope Lloyd farts on you while you sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom