• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I was getting a bit bored of music then I discovered 90s hippity hop

Wu Tang, Nas, A Tribe Called Quest
XbrF8Ao.png

A new door has been opened.

Tribe are brilliant

Fry

I was getting a bit bored of music then I discovered 90s hippity hop

Wu Tang, Nas, A Tribe Called Quest
XbrF8Ao.png

A new door has been opened.

Listen to Kanye West, Drake, Rick Ross, 2Pac, Big Sean, Joe Cole, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Wayne.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sporting won't get the 30mil they want for William Carvalho with Portugal losing 1-0 to the Albanias of the world (no offense fellow Albanians)

Lightning

Banned
Sporting won't get the 30mil they want for William Carvalho with Portugal losing 1-0 to the Albanias of the world (no offense fellow Albanians)
Carvalho better not sign any extension increasing his release clause. He will kill any potential move if he signs another deal. Be patient we will be back for him.

GorillaJu

You know we really should put something in the OP that's meant for fresh faces who are interested in football but don't know what team to follow. I made that mini-guide to the top 5 but it'd be cool to have something more fleshed out, with all 20 PL teams + whatever European teams. We could point new posters that direction.

And it'd be better than just generic Google results because it'd be written by our own community.

Thoughts?

Elchele

You know we really should put something in the OP that's meant for fresh faces who are interested in football but don't know what team to follow. I made that mini-guide to the top 5 but it'd be cool to have something more fleshed out, with all 20 PL teams + whatever European teams. We could point new posters that direction.

And it'd be better than just generic Google results because it'd be written by our own community.

Thoughts?

do it if you want, but you have to include all the teams in Ligue 1 and Eredivisie too. good luck

Thoughts?
I wonder how many people actually read the OP. I sure as hell don't.

I don't think people do. It's more for the dudes who wander in and say hey guys I've always been curious about soccer but never really got into it because I didn't have a team to support. Any advice?

Maybe something can just be added to the FAQ. A run-down of all the teams in all the top leagues could be quite lengthy.

valeo

You guys are making it harder than I thought it would be. It's a pleasure knowing you all and I'm really glad I didnt just leave, but have the chance to give you all a proper goodbye.

If you ever do manage to get a meet up underway, give me shout! :D I'll check my PMs.

iW0ArKGHpbiPf.gif

you are the only ones I'd ever post a Chelsea gif for!

thank you!

thank you & if Arsenal ever happens to have a successful transfer window I'll make sure to stop by and congratulate yall.

Yeah I'll stop by, but I think it's important to go cold turkey for a couple of weeks.

thanks. yeah maybe I'll do Fady-style superposts every couple of months. ;)

hope your team will make the CL again. someday.

thanks.

<3, behave yourself and don't be too hard on Bla and the rest of BayernGAF

thanks, best of luck to you too.

thank you and I also wish you the best. I especially remember our discussions during the 2012 EUROs.

thanks

thanks.

thanks Arnie and LiverpoolGAF. Your club is special!

thanks, that's the intention.

Thanks and I'm sorry that I couldnt say goodbye to everyone personally, but for now this will be my last post. Thanks and Goodbye: Yurt, Milch, Phantast, Gambit, pulga, football fan, Salva,dc, Meier, Manager, Salazar, Vivalaraza, Sviatoslav, Jack cw, elsk, Bla and everyone that I currently forget.

I think it's only fair, that my last line will be a Robben gif! Let's enjoy life and everything it offers!

iggnbeVdSf4Wd.gif

You realise that it's possible to both enjoy life and check neogaf on your phone when you're bored, right?

valeo

Seriously; sounds like he's going away to become a Monk or something. Guarantee that in a month or less he will be back.

Happens on every forum ever. Like giving up 'foruming' will improve your life somehow when really it just makes for more boring train rides.

jtb

Banned
Goodbye footyGAF. I pretty much already stopped posting last week, but it didnt feel right to just abandon you without saying anything.

Basically, I dont care much about NeoGAF anymore but continued to waste far too much time here. I dont care about the gaming side anymore, the OT has gone to shit and and I realize more and more that none of the stuff that happens on GAF has any real influence on my life (fortunately ;)).

footyGAF is the one saving grace, but still, as much as I enjoy being here, I think the time has come to reduce my posting to an absolute minimum. I might stop by here and there, but that will pretty much be it (like when Bayern wins the CL in Berlin next year).

It was a pleasure to witness 'das Finale dahoam', the Triple, the ascension of Pep and of course the World Cup(s) with you. While I've been a member on GAF since 2004, I only really started posting in 2012. Mostly because I saw it as a fun way to improve my written English. Unfortunately, I believe that the quality of my posts has decreased over the summer as I can feel myself becoming more & more disinterested in the usual fanwars and battles. Before I descend further in the depths of trolling, I'll just stop posting and leave you guys be. Might still lurk tho. ;)

I loved being part of the many wonderful discussions with you and I'm sure it had & will have a positive influence on my life. Thanks for the wonderful time and best of luck, to you and your teams.

never interacted with you much in this thread, but I remember having some fun discussions with you about the new Star Wars movies. sad to see you go, best of luck.

Yen

New DFA 1979 album seems pretty top. Can't sleep. Watched like 4 episodes of the Mitchell and Webb look, now I'm reading academic journals.
At home I hardly ever post, got better things go do.

Guess we know when we're not appreciated guys.

ps. bye fuenf

tri_willy

I miss Suarez :(

the cunt

ahhhh... he was warm, he had depth, his sizzling displays made people's lip moist. he was the ideal definition of a cunt, unlike ashley fucking young, who gets shitted in between the lips.

hendo injured??? nooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO!!! FUCK YOU ROY YOU HEINOUS PIG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom