• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about "MMO-COD" but pending what 343i are doing with Halo 5 Guardians (which thankfully to me doesn't seem to be the same) I'm glad they left the series when they did.

I really liked the Halo 4 campaign, can't wait for Guardians.

More excited for SO than Halo MCC though, I think I will plod through the Halo games quite slowly especially as I already play Halo 4 this year

I didn't know you and King were getting Halo. We should play MP with everyone in here. I hope some custom games are back.

I don't know about "MMO-COD" but pending what 343i are doing with Halo 5 Guardians (which thankfully to me doesn't seem to be the same) I'm glad they left the series when they did.

I really liked the Halo 4 campaign, can't wait for Guardians.

More excited for SO than Halo MCC though (on Xbox), I think I will plod through the Halo games quite slowly especially as I already played Halo 4 this year

Loot, first to shoot has a bigger chance to kill, different spawns/loadouts, etc.

It's everything opposite of what Bungie did to make Halo MP great.

But it's still Bungie so even this will be implemented very well.

Looks like Cashley is already having a negative impact on Roma, teaching Maicon some of his favourite anal tricks.

I hope Roma ban phones in the changing room.

I didn't know you and King were getting Halo. We should play MP with everyone in here. I hope some custom games are back.

Yeh boi, we can do some co-op as well at some point if you like. Theres a ridiculous amount of choices for playlists and I assume custom games too so we should be able to get some good games going.

For future reference, we're also getting Forza Horizon 2 and Fifa 15 (duh :p)... he hasn't ordered SO yet but theres an 8 player co-op mode that could be pretty awesome if you're interested. Need to find it for £30-£35 for him to jump in :(

Loot, first to shoot has a bigger chance to kill, different spawns/loadouts, etc.

It's everything opposite of what Bungie did to make Halo MP great.

But it's still Bungie so even this will be implemented very well.

Well, I cancelled my Destiny pre-order after the beta so I can't say I really liked it. I wasn't ever really that interested in Destiny from when they announced it though. Call me old fashioned but I'm not a particular fan of MMO-lite... might have to change my mind for The Division though, if they ever get around to starting it.

Scum

Where my Predator bros at?

Right here. Such an awesome film! I- wait a minute!

nCUoKLR.png

Barzul

They're all muppets. nothing of value was lost.

CHICHARITO HERNANDEZ!!

Finally, an impact sub Real Madrid has been needing. He will do well to cover for Benz and Jese.

Would have liked a b2b mid to replace Di maria but I don't think we'll sign one. :\

Best movement of the window.

Probably committed assisted account suicide after missing out on Falcao and Cavani.

Chuckle brothers.

Lfb2aiX.png

ibnEgLcQB4sN3w.gif

Welcome Danielsan Arantes do Dat Guy Nascimento Santos Welvalho, or 'Welé' aka Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah "Danny" Welbeck. May you win all the trophies Dat Guy.

I want Portugal to not qualify this Euro so they can sack Bento, reform tge FPF and get serious for 2016 instead.

No use wasting time getting upset as long as Paulo Bento manages

Yeh boi, we can do some co-op as well at some point if you like. Theres a ridiculous amount of choices for playlists and I assume custom games too so we should be able to get some good games going.

For future reference, we're also getting Forza Horizon 2 and Fifa 15 (duh :p)... he hasn't ordered SO yet but theres an 8 player co-op mode that could be pretty awesome if you're interested. Need to find it for £30-£35 for him to jump in :(

Sure! Can't wait for Forza. Will probably be playing Halo with my friends but you guys are more than welcome to join!

Clegg

Good choice.

Classics was a badass undergrad major.
Was recommended to me by one of my Law professors. He said all law students should at least have a passing knowledge in the Classics. Never explained why though. Sounds like an interesting course though.

Pennywise

Well played you little fuck. Well played.

<3 Still lova ya.

Anyway, I also did it..not today but the whole cake is something you should have done in your life.
And i've seen worse, just yesterday there was a video of Wilbs shitting with an open door while he motivates Lloyd to provoke Dean until he became the beast and wanted to kill Lloyd.

^ :lol

<3 Still lova ya.

Anyway, I also did it..not today but the whole cake is something you should have done in your life.
And i've seen worse, just yesterday there was a video of Wilbs shitting with an open door while he motivates Lloyd to provoke Dean until he became the beast and wanted to kill Lloyd.

Salazar

Was recommended to me by one of my Law professors. He said all law students should at least have a passing knowledge in the Classics. Never explained why though. Sounds like an interesting course though.

Aye. My own exposure was pretty damned miscellaneous. Western Asia and cosmogony. Cretans and Macedonians and their architecture. Some very basic principles of archaeology. Hellenic art, branching into stuff done in Magna Graecia. Alexander's campaigns and the aftermath. The Celts - which was basically a primer in historiographical debate, considering how brutally fucking contested pretty much all of it is. Cults and myths.

And revolutionary Rome. Which did introduce me to Tom Holland's Rubicon, which is probably still the most immediately pleasurable work of classical history I've ever read.

We did agonisingly little in the way of classical literature as such. Not that much classical literature was autotelic and free-standing in the way we think of modern cultural work - but actually foraging around in poetry seemed to be something they saved for postgrads. We just got fed the livelier historians, which isn't a bad thing really.

Gutted for Reus.

Dortmund's UCL campaign derailed.

:(

Eh, not really. The Arsenal match will be tough but thankfully, Micky isn't really hurt, so we could play with:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek-Sokratis-Hummels-Durm/Schmelzer
Bender-Jojic/Kehl
Auba-Kagawa-Micky
Ramos

Which is definitely able to beat Arsenal. Or if Shinji isn't ready, Micky in the centre and Großkreutz on the wing is good as well.

The next CL match then is against Anderlecht and we really should be able to win this without Reus, even more so considering that Kuba should be back by then and with some good amount of luck Gündogan could be back as well. For the match against Gala, Reus should be already back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom