• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my son and not my imaginary friend you cunts

In other news I seem to have lost my debit card...fml :( I know it's in my room somewhere (I thought i put it in my wallet but it's not there) FFS

Clegg

Aye. My own exposure was pretty damned miscellaneous. Western Asia and cosmogony. Cretans and Macedonians and their architecture. Some very basic principles of archaeology. Hellenic art, branching into stuff done in Magna Graecia. Alexander's campaigns and the aftermath. The Celts - which was basically a primer in historiographical debate, considering how brutally fucking contested pretty much all of it is. Cults and myths.

And revolutionary Rome. Which did introduce me to Tom Holland's Rubicon, which is probably still the most immediately pleasurable work of classical history I've ever read.

We did agonisingly little in the way of classical literature as such. Not that much classical literature was autotelic and free-standing in the way we think of modern cultural work - but actually foraging around in poetry seemed to be something they saved for postgrads. We just got fed the livelier historians, which isn't a bad thing really.
The description for this module is a basic intro to the Greek classics. Hercules, Zeus, Hades etc. I'll report back after in a few weeks after the course has expanded a bit. I really don't know what to expect.

The remaining months of the 2014 Chelsea FC calendar.

Bv5p4M6.jpg

Loooool

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Strange they havent officially announced the fifa demo yet, cant remember if they did last year? Im sure i remember hearing about it a few days before it dropped.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
People will play it, people will love it and then half a year later people will realize it wasn't actually all that amazing. Probably still a lot of fun though.

Rinse and repeat.

Doesnt seem enough content for a half a year :3

Esch

Banned
Spreading pepper and milk on a teammates asshole while he's unconscious?

I didn't know Maicon had a GAF account.

Barzul

I don't think I'll be getting Destiny right away. I'm still undecided. Maybe I should buy a disk version? So I can sell it if it's not worth it...

Kikarian

Can't wait to play multiplayer on Destiny. I played it with the same people from GAF all the time, and we used to just dominate matches.

Not a fan of the vehicles though.

Scum

Destiny this. Destiny that. Heh.

"Ohmagad! 10m copies sold in 7mins!"
"PS4!!"
"Bungie am Gods! MS am cry."
"No WiiU version. Huehuehue."
"GOTY!"

"The servers are ded."
"The clans are ded."
"Bots and cheaters everywhere."
"The newest update nerfed everything!"
"The shotgun is overpowered."
"The clans have disbanded."
"End game suxxors."

"It's fun though."

"Who's up for FIFA?"
"Who's up for CoD: Modern Warfare?"
"Anyone want to join me for some Halo MP?

😒😒

Mr Cola

I got bored of Titanfall after 3 matches in the beta. What a boring boring game.

Got bored watching the streams

Wonder how destiny will fair streaming wise, numbers for titanfall were never that high.

Blablurn

Destiny this. Destiny that. Heh.

"Ohmagad! 10m copies sold in 7mins!"
"PS4!!"
"Bungie am Gods! MS am cry."
"No WiiU version. Huehuehue."
"GOTY!"

"The servers are ded."
"The clans are ded."
"Bots and cheaters everywhere."
"The newest update nerfed everything!"
"The shotgun is overpowered."
"The clans have disbanded."
"End game suxxors."

"It's fun though."

"Who's up for FIFA?"
"Who's up for CoD: Modern Warfare?"
"Anyone want to join me for some Halo MP?

😒😒

nice :D

Carbonox

Can't wait to play multiplayer on Destiny. I played it with the same people from GAF all the time, and we used to just dominate matches.

Not a fan of the vehicles though.

Crucible is fantastic when with friends. God knows how many hours I put in to that during the Beta.

Disappointing to hear Bungie didn't work on the loading times at all though. They're stupidly long.

Barzul

On a side note. I got the Diablo for Xbox One the other day. I spent well over an hour trying to find a disk version. No one had it. 3 Walmarts, a Target, Best Buy, Hastings, GameStop, Staples, my local Game shops. Everyone was sold out. I was like was there some kind of crazy demand for the X1 version that I didn't know about? I ended up buying it digitally. So I'm still currently 100% digital for this gen.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Probably just wait and see how much content is actually in Destiny.

I was expecting something really cool when they opened that moon level in the beta and it was literally the exact same thing.

Kikarian

Probably just wait and see how much content is actually in Destiny.

I was expecting something really cool when they opened that moon level in the beta and it was literally the exact same thing.
Yeah, the moon was a bit of a let down. However I did like the caves. The final path led to a door which was locked which I'm looking forward to seeing what's behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom