• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crucible is fantastic when with friends. God knows how many hours I put in to that during the Beta.

Disappointing to hear Bungie didn't work on the loading times at all though. They're stupidly long.

Fuck's sake :(

The load times are horrendous

If Henderson plays tonight, I'm gonna make an assumption about Hodgson

He uses player's desperation to make themselves a member of England's first 11 to convince them to try and play through injury, in the knowledge that if it goes wrong it doesn't impact the England team much, only the player and their club

Bold One

I'm afraid that PSN won't survive. We'll see.

Been praying to Allah that the whole network doesnt implode

I give it a week, doesnt impress me

it will live and die on its content

People will play it, people will love it and then half a year later people will realize it wasn't actually all that amazing. Probably still a lot of fun though.

Rinse and repeat.

the gaf hype frenzy is unreal yes, but I genuinely enjoyed it more than I thought I would, almost developed an addiction.

just waiting for my copy to arrive now since the servers have gone live, the thought of all those dreggs and hive running around and me not killing them,

too depressing :(

Kikarian

Seems like the leveling won't take long either. Isn't the cap 20?

Jeff hit level 6 in under six hours.

So in about 20 hours, you're max level.

That's pretty shit.

GorillaJu

Seriously even in this thread which is generally pretty calm around big game releases everyone seems to have an opinion on Destiny. It's weird, considering it's a new IP and everything. It's just another game. If it entertains me for a bit then I'll be pleased.

Carbonox

Seems like the leveling won't take long either. Isn't the cap 20?

Jeff hit level 6 in under six hours.

So in about 20 hours, you're max level.

That's pretty shit.

It'll take longer and longer the higher level you are but yeah I can't imagine it taking ridiculously long to get to 20. You will level up beyond that though using some Light thingymajig though so you won't just stay at 20 and not progress anywhere.

The OCD in me gets annoyed when games with level up systems have stupid caps. 20, 50, etc. I know it allows for DLC to add more but still. I miss the 99/100 caps of old.

Kikarian

It'll take longer and longer the higher level you are but yeah I can't imagine it taking ridiculously long to get to 20. You will level up beyond that though using some Light thingymajig though so you won't just stay at 20 and not progress anywhere.

The OCD in me gets annoyed when games with level up systems have stupid caps. 20, 50, etc. I know it allows for DLC to add more but still. I miss the 99/100 caps of old.
Yeah it will slow down but at a partial rate of what it was already I'm guessing.

Also, I think I have everyone ITT but if I don't, feel free to add me.

It's in the email field.

inky

Eh, it's understandable Destiny is on everyone's mind right now. I don't have plans to buy a new console for at least a year. Last Halo game I loved was Halo CE, last one I played was Halo 3. I found Borderlands extremely boring and repetitive. I don't really think Bungie is all that, but mostly because I don't care about MP shooters. I guess you could say I don't give a shit about Destiny at all.... yet I've been watching Jeff play for the past hour.

It's just the way it goes with new, big games, especially one that could become the next big thing.

I still don't even know if I want a PS4 or XBONE....

Should totally just get a PC.

Become a Dota bro

Legion Commander is boss

I'd like Bungie to raise the level cap even if there was little reward for going over 20. I'm one of those cunts who just likes seeing bars get filled

Jarnet87

I still don't even know if I want a PS4 or XBONE....

Should totally just get a PC.

PC is where it's at. Play Dota and Minecraft, wait for steam sales to clean up on console ports for super cheap. PC + Wii U is best combination. I own a PS4 and if it wasn't for FIFA it would be collecting dust in the box.

Randdalf

Isn't their plan to have 5 games over 10 years or something like that? I'd imagine they'd increase the level cap by 20 each time and characters would carry over between the games.

Slizz

DOTA just ain't for me.

Just need FIFA and a FPS for the most part and I'm good for online play.

Then the occasional SP game to tide me over.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't need anything anymore, just delete the whole industry and give all the money to From Software

Are they really though? Seems like they are just making it easier and dumber for every time.

Not really. Heroic raiding is now really done by few guilds, so it's not really more accessible.

They have made it easier for most players to get epic loot, which is good. But then they gave the hardcore players ability to get even better loot than you saw before. Last start I read, Garrosh heroic had been killed by very very few guilds.

They are making the loot system more intelligent for scrubs like me. So it now takes into account what I won before (so I don't win same thing 5x times), the RNG changes the less loot I get. This is because the lower tiers of raiding now auto-roll and reward you loot based on class and specialization.

L1NETT

DOTA just ain't for me.

Just need FIFA and a FPS for the most part and I'm good for online play.

Then the occasional SP game to tide me over.

I'd invest in a PC. Unless either of the exclusive smatterings of either console desperately interest you there isn't a really compelling reason to get any of them.

Pennywise

Bloodborne>entire PC library

tumblr_nbiodwpbwT1s2yegdo1_r1_400.gif

It is like it is.
The PS4 is more powerful and both Multiplatform titles and exclusives will look better.
Doesn't change the fact that you should stick to the library that you prefer.

That's not my point I don't get why people have to say one is better than the other so fuck the competitors.

Are most of us adults? Can't we just buy all of them over time if we like a certain title?

Hate fanboyism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom