• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I'll just screencap this convo for when someone in this thread goes "LOLz gaming side amirite" again.

Just buy the shit you like.
Plus we all know PC > your consoles :p :p

That's not my point I don't get why people have to say one is better than the other so fuck the competitors.

Are most of us adults? Can't we just buy all of them over time if we like a certain title?

Hate fanboyism.

W1cTK.gif

Tubie

Seems like the leveling won't take long either. Isn't the cap 20?

Jeff hit level 6 in under six hours.

So in about 20 hours, you're max level.

That's pretty shit.

How is 20 hours bad? I would be very happy if it was that long.

Most modern games are 8-12 hours. Tomb Raider took me 9. Far Cry 3 was about 4 hours long if you take out all the outpost and tower forced side missions.

Pennywise

That's not my point I don't get why people have to say one is better than the other so fuck the competitors.

Are most of us adults? Can't we just buy all of them over time if we like a certain title?

Hate fanboyism.

It's just his opinion that the PS4 is superior, if it's not yours, who cares ?

We're speaking about opinions here, not about facts.
Which wouldn't even be possible because games are a subjective topic and they're certainly part of it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what have i done

maybe l1nett is right about me after all

maybe I AM pure evil

*takes down his Jack the Ripper poster*

Hixx

Well it's not a sequel to anything...

Bloodborne looks great. Though not my type of game.

But the entire PC library would kick ass of all console libraries put together.

Such pedantry. Such bitterness. Such anger.

All PS2 games are on pc, and in better resolution, anti aliasing and everything. ;)

I tried to emulate Timesplitters 2 (I HAVE THE DISC AND CONSOLE, MULTIPLE ONES INFACT I JUST WANTED 1080PDOM) but it wouldn't work so I had to hook up one of my PS2s :( I can't remember if it was a framerate issue or a speed issue. But it was unplayable :(

Level 20 is just a soft cap anyway. There's plenty to do after. I think you have to be completely levelled to do certain raids etc.

The ability levels look like they'll take ages

In the beta I ended up spending 10 minutes just jumping from one side of the map to the other to unlock the glide :D

Future outlook on games should be also considered, and that would mean no Wii U for Penny.

Yeah sure. But honestly just so many things are putting me off ps4 and xbone. The lack of any real quality exclusive games, paying for online, the sharing shit not working properly on ps4, xbone having all that kinect bullshit, ugh. I will get a PS4 when The Last Guardian is released (never) or if Silent Hill is announced to not be coming to pc I guess.

I tried to emulate Timesplitters 2 (I HAVE THE DISC AND CONSOLE, MULTIPLE ONES INFACT I JUST WANTED 1080PDOM) but it wouldn't work so I had to hook up one of my PS2s :( I can't remember if it was a framerate issue or a speed issue. But it was unplayable :(

Google says to go over to software mode and it will fix itself.

Wilbur

Banned
fuck all games

I'm playing F1 2012 and the camera keeps changing by itself so it makes it exceptionally hard to fucking do anything

fuck

Yeah sure. But honestly just so many things are putting me off ps4 and xbone. The lack of any real quality exclusive games, paying for online, the sharing shit not working properly on ps4, xbone having all that kinect bullshit, ugh. I will get a PS4 when The Last Guardian is released (never) or if Silent Hill is announced to not be coming to pc I guess.

You can get XB1 without Kinect mate

Such Truth

Level 20 is max but you have to be completely levelled?

What is this

Level 20 isn't max, I think it's 29. You can only get to level 20 through normal means though. Getting to 29 or whatever requires you to do raids and stuff. I'd actually have to play the game to know the exact logistics of it, but that's what I meant.

Pennywise

They will come sooner or later.
It's just the usual circle that happened on nearly every console.

Paying for online is a serious kick in the guts...

They finally did that?

But well, I don't really want an Xbone.

They did that before E3, keep up!

To be honest, if you wanted one (which you don't) sooner or later you'll probably get a bitchin' deal. They seem kind of desperate with all the deals all over the place although thats not a bad thing, quite funny really.

Less so if I had paid RRP on release perhaps but I didn't

They will come sooner or later.
It's just the usual circle that happened on nearly every console.

Paying for online is a serious kick in the guts...

Are they though? Bloated budgets, so many developers shutting down and what not, makes them now only make what is supposed to be sure sellers. So what we will get is more of the boring shit.

Naugthy Dog will do something good though I'm sure, but the overall amount of games I will be interested in will go down I'm afraid. But just having Naughty Dog and the slight possibility of Last Guardian makes me want PS4 over an Xbone any day, I don't really care for Halo.

I'd be fucking livid about paying for MP if PS+ wasn't good value already. Well played, Sony.

Need to sort out that PS4 library thoough, the games that are coming with PS+ interest me about as much as League 1 football.

Arkham in June? Dang, big delay that is.

Still need a release date for fucking MGSV, first half of 2015 is filling up nicely although February seems to be a bit unbalanced compared to the rest

Pennywise

It's more of the way people voice certain opinions.

I...
Come on, it's just a little banter.

Arkham Knight isn't coming out until June :/

A Batman game in June, they're off their tits.

I like it.
February and spring in general is packed for me....
Witcher 3,The Order and Bloodborne will certainly take time and my backlog is loaded to fuck.
I still got about 30 PS2 games and alot of Vita/3DS/DS games I wanna play.

And our Fifa Club on PS4 will also be running.

Also, I dunno why you would buy a PS4 or Xbone for its games now, the real test for these consoles will be in like 3 years or something when the big games are coming out. Future-proof innit

Can we just delay Q1 until after Q2 so Batman comes first?

Pls logic Jesus, help me.

Im not waiting any longer for The Witcher 3 man

Also, I dunno why you would buy a PS4 or Xbone for its games now, the real test for these consoles will be in like 3 years or something when the big games are coming out. Future-proof innit

Someones got to buy them, otherwise consoles die out! I don't mind being a guinea pig

Pennywise

Are they though? Bloated budgets, so many developers shutting down and what not, makes them now only make what is supposed to be sure sellers. So what we will get is more of the boring shit.

Naugthy Dog will do something good though I'm sure, but the overall amount of games I will be interested in will go down I'm afraid. But just having Naughty Dog and the slight possibility of Last Guardian makes me want PS4 over an Xbone any day, I don't really care for Halo.

Persona 5 is coming for the PS4 and it will be awesome, this Atlus Studio has never produced anything bad.

I get your concerns, might be part of the reason I'm not getting any Ubisoft game unless it's Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Overall, there are still more than enough decent developers who are able to create something good.

There are some vague candidates like Quantic Dream or Guerilla Games ( they're making an RPG, curious if they can produce something good).
Japan studio is finally back on track...Puppeteer was a great plattformer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Arkham City killed my love for Batman

yes, EVERYTHING Batman.

it wasn't a bad game at all, but I think I've had enough of Batman for now. Like Uncharted :lol (couldn't even force myself to finish 3), 15 mins in and I was like..

57315e6c68c5cac7ef655686f08dbac647ad6e2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom