• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I wish I could get pregnant with Batman things so we could have some cool new Batman thing every 9 months until I die

L1NETT

Can we just delay Q1 until after Q2 so Batman comes first?

Pls logic Jesus, help me.

Go and cry into the River Wear you mug

Q1 is the bloody motherfucking chuffing Witcher 3

ExcellentAffectionateIggypops.gif

Roy-Hodgson.jpg

My faith in Guerilla was destroyed by the half hour I spent with ShadowFall

Blatantly shat out to hit launch day

Thats why you should have faith. I like Guerrilla, disappointed to hear Shadow Fall wasn't great (from several people I know that played it) but now they don't have a specific date to hit which can't be moved so I expect they will have plenty of time to make it great.

Arnie

Thats why you should have faith. I like Guerrilla, disappointed to hear Shadow Fall wasn't great (from several people I know that played it) but now they don't have a specific date to hit which can't be moved so I expect they will have plenty of time to make it great.
Killzone 3 was also shit.

Killzone 2 was great, but it's an anomaly in the grand scheme of things. No faith in them going forwards.

Shadow Fall was appalling.

The Order again. Not for the reasons you'd expect but because they'll try and release it in a barren month where the response is less likely to be 'looks good, plays shit, 6/10'

I don't think releasing it the same month or so as Bloodborne is a very good idea at all (for several reasons) - assuming the western launch of BB is February~

Better to spread things out, I thought Bloodborne would get a big delay, admittedly

I wish I could get pregnant with Batman things so we could have some cool new Batman thing every 9 months until I die

My Mum tried throwing out my metal-replica Batarang which I got in the Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition, and is actually a pile of thick plastic shite covered in scratches. And my replica Helghast helmet.

Mum pls. I need them. David Dickinson could get me a fiver for them in a few years.

GorillaJu

Are they though? Bloated budgets, so many developers shutting down and what not, makes them now only make what is supposed to be sure sellers. So what we will get is more of the boring shit.

Naugthy Dog will do something good though I'm sure, but the overall amount of games I will be interested in will go down I'm afraid. But just having Naughty Dog and the slight possibility of Last Guardian makes me want PS4 over an Xbone any day, I don't really care for Halo.

It feels to me like fewer and fewer big budget games have the substance to justify their skyrocketing development costs.

When I watch those Anita Sarkeesian videos I'm not blown away by all the sexism so much as I am how lame these big titles are that I never bother buying or playing. It seems like every game is doing the same presentation, telling the same story but tweaking the gameplay.

I think Sony is trying to cover that ground they're losing by going hard on the lower budget scene, where you can get creative games at a decent price, but the problem is that indie devs generally just want their games out and available and don't want to be tied or associated to a single console, while Sony wants to monopolize their IP.

This gen just feels like it needs to take off still and for that to happen it needs some Japanese games. TLG, Bloodborne, MGS5, Silent Hill, etc. will help to make the libraries more appealing.

Pennywise

Huh? I didn't know that. Could be interesting.

John Gonzalez makes the moves from WB Games

John Gonzalez, best know for his work as lead creative designer and lead writer on Fallout: New Vegas, has joined Killzone studio Guerrilla Games in Amsterdam.

Gonzalez's LinkedIn page confirms he made the move in September, leaving behind his lead designer role at WB Games where he was working on an unannounced project. Prior to that he spent more than two years with Obsidian Entertainment, and he's also worked with Ubisoft Entertainment in Shanghai on Tom Clancy's EndWar.

In his profile he says his "focus is storytelling for open-world role-playing games. Because they are awesome," which could hint at the future Guerrilla is planning for the Killzone franchise.

Edit
Oh OddMorsel.
Danganronpa 2 is great <3

It feels to me like fewer and fewer big budget games have the substance to justify their skyrocketing development costs.

When I watch those Anita Sarkeesian videos I'm not blown away by all the sexism so much as I am how lame these big titles are that I never bother buying or playing. It seems like every game is doing the same presentation, telling the same story but tweaking the gameplay.

I think Sony is trying to cover that ground they're losing by going hard on the lower budget scene, where you can get creative games at a decent price, but the problem is that indie devs generally just want their games out and available and don't want to be tied or associated to a single console, while Sony wants to monopolize their IP.

This gen just feels like it needs to take off still and for that to happen it needs some Japanese games. TLG, Bloodborne, MGS5, Silent Hill, etc. will help to make the libraries more appealing.

You're shit with Rubick m8

That Faceless Void was a twat :p

Uhu, feeling the same way really.

Edit
Oh OddMorsel.
Danganronpa 2 is great <3

I saw it on PSN the other day, but then Virtues Last Reward was like 1/3 of the price and I got that instead. Will get Danganronpa when it's on sale

Time to watch the last two episodes of the Pacific....meh, it's missing something that BoB had. Will see what they're like, but after how good BoB was....I'm not really that enamoured with it.

Pennywise

Uhu, feeling the same way really.

I saw it on PSN the other day, but then Virtues Last Reward was like 1/3 of the price and I got that instead. Will get Danganronpa when it's on sale

It currently is for 24,99 and 22,99 for plus users.

VLR is a bit older and therefore cheaper.
Danganronpa will also be cheapter at one point.

Does anyone buy collectors editions? I've just seen that Batman has one with Bat Mobile and one with Batman.

Only ones i've got that I deliberately sought out are Gears 2 LE, Gears 3 Epic edition (big Marcus Fenix statue, thing) and the Alan Wake one with the book etc.

I did get the ACIV one because it was the same price as normal edition but I'm looking forward to getting The Witcher 3 CE or whatever next year, quite pricey though

Why are you guys trying to make this place as toxic as the gaming side.

This is supposed to be a haven against all those cunts fighting about which console has the biggest dick.

A sanctuary from the witch-hunt on 30fps games.

We are better than that. We are FootballGAF.

Fuck Bayern.

Does anyone buy collectors editions? I've just seen that Batman has one with Bat Mobile and one with Batman.

Only ones i've got that I deliberately sought out are Gears 2 LE, Gears 3 Epic edition (big Marcus Fenix statue, thing) and the Alan Wake one with the book etc.

I did get the ACIV one because it was the same price as normal edition but I'm looking forward to getting The Witcher 3 CE or whatever next year, quite pricey though

Not too often, but I did get the gran turismo signature edition.

Also I got the Bioshock 2 one, because it was 10 euros for whatever reason and had a bunch of cool stuff in it. I never actually played the game though lol.

This is supposed to be a haven against all those cunts fighting about which console has the biggest dick.

Fuck Bayern.

We were never better than them

They argue about which game has the most pixels

We argue about which person can kick a ball more accurately

Both are futile. Join my camp, free KoolAid at the door

Bioshock 2 is really good. The respawning enemies become a huge pain the arse when you're low on resources though

Fuck Bayern.

Eh seems like a fairly normal talk about games?

Also this is anything but a sanctuary from the witch-hunt on 30fps games.
corororporq4.png

Kikarian

Fuck Bayern.
It was an illusion, a persona, you piece of idiot

K1LLER7

Hitch you called me the inferior Killer7! Cunt :p

I hope Brendan leaves Liverpool for Barcelona and takes Sterling with him.

I don't really care.

I have played so many MMOS, FPS has gone from 90-20s for me and guess what, it hasn't stopped me from playing the damn game.

Most of the times when games are in motion I hardly notice the things people argue about all day along in Gaming side.

I was kidding lol.

But yeah, generally I don't care.

I don't really notice FPS unless it's partcularly good

Like, if I'm playing at 30fps, I don't even realise

But playing MW2 at 60fps was awesome, and I'd have been distraught
DISTRAUGHT
if I suddenly had to play it at 30fps

shiroryu

Thanks - am a cRPG and jRPG guy so will check it out. Did you get some good inbuilt storage or did you need to buy an external card or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom