• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Presumably, Platinum still got paid to make the game, its a SEGA owned IP so even if they didn't get paid (doubtful) they have had their IP strengthened quality wise and Platinum got to make a game they wanted to.

The loss is most likely all on Nintendo's side and US/RoW sales could be enough to make it profitable still. I had this staggered launch BS though. Not that I care about Bayonetta but its 2014 ffs, people shouldn't have to wait a month

If they'd bothered to have dev teams at NoA & NoE, like they should years, we wouldn't be waiting. Company makes some great games, but damn they're frustrating.

Tubie

The FIFA OT is full of complains and whats wrong with it at the moment and I try to make it short. My biggest problems are the weak AI, especialy the teammates ignoring free space. I'm not even talking about the fact that 2 star teams play like Barca against you, never make any mistakes and regardless of the situation, never play the ball back to keep posession. The AI only knows one routine. The game still doesn need midfielders to build up your game. Its actually really fast box to box play, with little strategic elements.

The transition in animations from first touch to the next move are non existent or really bad done, because it takes some time to process the ball, which gives me the feeling I'm never really in control of my player and forced immediately into one on ones. Animation in general have become pretty robotic and stiff. Tactical defending is now purely based on positioning or closing the passing line. Pressing the opponent becomes impossible or so different because of work arounds that it takes away the fun (something FIFA14 did pretty well actually).

Ball physics are very ballooney and the goalies in general oare everything but balanced. Just like the overall game, where, regardless how you play, there is so much hectic and coincidence involved, that it takes away any immersion or fun. The game still favours rockets (pace) and coupled with the slow tackling reaction of the defenders, its rather easy to dribble to the goal. Some (key) mechanics like this suffer from a huge step backwards. There is also some noticable lag in actions on PS4 which makes it pretty unplayable for me. The list of flaws is pretty long.

Dont get me wrong, its FIFA and does many things right, but the core gameplay this time isn't even mediocre like the previous years, it's actually bad.

Wow I'm glad I skipped it this year. Had a moment of weakness last week and almost pre-ordered it.

Loan him to us so he can get the gametime to regain his fitness pls

I'd be ok with this actually.

It's gonna be hard for him to find the minutes he needs to regain form in the current Madrid bench.

If they'd bothered to have dev teams at NoA & NoE, like they should years, we wouldn't be waiting. Company makes some great games, but damn they're frustrating.

Aye, should have used that Wii money to make more studios but to be fair they are supporting two systems.

Sony and Microsoft are basically putting all their resources into one platform.

Vita means life.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm enjoying FIFA with dean but single player is awful. The keepers are ridiculous. Sometimes they make unbelievable saves and then they make the stupidest mistakes. Defending's too hard. Scunthorpe play like Bayern. Barca play like Oxford.

It's never going to be perfect but it's fun enough.

Esch

Banned
Looks like every single MLS team is going to advance in the CONCACAF CL except the New Jersey Energy Drink FC.

forza MLS

until we get wreckt by Liga MX sides :[

Spoke to Tesco earlier about delivery of Fifa 15, bitches gonna get a Steverulez bitch slap if it doesn't get delivered tomorrow.

tumblr_m3fhbwz6g11r17168o1_500.gif

I'm enjoying FIFA with dean but single player is awful. The keepers are ridiculous. Sometimes they make unbelievable saves and then they make the stupidest mistakes. Defending's too hard. Scunthorpe play like Bayern. Barca play like Oxford.

It's never going to be perfect but it's fun enough.

That's my opinion of it. Haven't owned a FIFA since '99 and I'm enjoying it, and got for a few quid less via Mexico.

Haven't played online against anyone though. Too scared I'd get my ass kicked.

Rockyrock

Yeah it's the worst possible situation for me. My friend always shoots these speculative 30+ yard shots and they're going in way too often, where I'm the opposite and like to pass until it's an open goal. I'm getting fucked

yep FUT is basically FIFA with cheats on.

i''l be sticking to co-op seasons and pro clubs.

tri_willy

Nothing yet. Just preparing for job interviews. Got one next week.

And my major target is: Don't be like Blablurn in those.

So I really need to step up my game.

how did you prepare your resume??? did you keep it fairly honest? or did you add some "extras" innit?

KidJr

Ceeeeeeesccc! :( Pls make the pain go away.

We've been over this so many times. 50-60 games a season, lots of injuries, can rotate. Could have done with 1 of those 3 players on tuesday and we've strengthened a rival. Everyone saw a mile away that Costa + Fabregas will allow Chelsea to walk the title by 10+ points.

When you're winning you dont change your team. So unless one of them is playing second fiddle then rotation just wouldnt work, even the best teams that do rotate their core generally stays the same. Chelsea in their best years would Drogba Lampard and Terry would always play, Man City, Agureo, Yaya, and Kompany will always play, Munich same, Athletico Madrid.. the same.

Arsenal have money now yes thats been shown, but enough money to spend 26 million on a player to play back up or second fiddle. no most certainly not.

Fab and Ozil playing together would not be great... a team needs balance. Sanchez was a far better investment for the team because he makes runs, its that simple. People dont realise that its no coincidence that when Walcott got injuered Ozil went completely missing last season and has often been our problem, Ozil, Carzola, Wiltshere, Fabregas all want the ball to feet, to turn into space run and create. Ramsey is the only midfielder currently really willing to make those runs without the ball. Look at how many time our players will turn into space and they'll have one option in front of them, against any half decent defense can track one run, however three runners, one coming short, one going long and one on an angle is a different story.

Guys trust me, If Welbeck and Sanchez stays fit and when Walcott returns to full fitness you will see a much better Ozil. For his lack of a footballing brain, Walcott makes EXCELLENT runs, very unselfish runs, he'll take a defender out of position even he knows isnt coming to him. Which is where you create the space behind the defence.

Further to that, defences will sit deeper because they'lll be scared of the pace in behind which will create more space between the two lines of four, for Ozil and co to operate in.

Trust me, Wenger not signing Fabregas made perfect sense (even though I believe he currently is a better player).

Eurogamer's review of Fifa 15 is spot on.

So, the $64,000 question - is FIFA 15 better to play than last year? The short answer is no. It's so different that it will frustrate as many fans as it delights, based on their different approaches to the game.

But ask another question. Would we want FIFA, like Call of Duty, to have nailed-down mechanics that gets infinitesimal tweaks each year? Again, the answer is probably no.

Relearning FIFA each year has become part of its appeal. The mystery is whether or not this is something deliberate on EA's part, or whether, and I think this is much more likely, their developers are stuck in a holding pattern, balancing and rebalancing between pace and technique each year, responding to community complaints and pressure to deliver annual products of sufficient variance. If I had to put money on it, I'd say that FIFA 16, like FIFA 14, will blunt pacy players and then tell us it's an improvement. But nothing is being improved if there's no clear end point in sight.

That, perhaps, is FIFA's defining contradiction. EA can quite fairly claim to have again delivered the best football game ever made. But every year the developers seem to have less of an idea what that mean

Esch

Banned
Ozil > cesc. It's just that this current arsenal team and manager aren't capable of getting the most out of him.

Ozil > cesc. It's just that this current arsenal team and manager aren't capable of getting the most out of him.

Really? I know at their best Ozil is better but Cesc is more consistent. If he's not great, he's at least good.

Can't say the same about Ozil.

KidJr

At their best, I may give a slight edge to Ozil but its close. Although they play at there best in the same position, I think they influence the game differently.

shiroryu

Ozil and Cesc are both best at the CAM position but play the role differently, and playing them together wouldn't really work. What we need are Suarez-class strikers to feed off of our midfield and keep opponents off their feet so our midfield can do its job without being pressed into oblivion. I'm hoping Sanchez, Walcott and Welbeck can keep doing that enough - they're not going to be good as Suarez but all three still have some time to peak.

If Wenger hadn't bought Ozil last year, we'd definitely have had Cesc back - just his bad luck and ours. But now Wenger has cast the die with Ozil, and he needs to build the team around him (and a talismanic striker pls) the way he did with Cesc earlier on.

Esch

Banned
Really? I know at their best Ozil is better but Cesc is more consistent. If he's not great, he's at least good.

Can't say the same about Ozil.

Ozil and Cesc are both best at the CAM position but play the role differently, and playing them together wouldn't really work. What we need are Suarez-class strikers to feed off of our midfield and keep opponents off their feet so our midfield can do its job without being pressed into oblivion. I'm hoping Sanchez, Walcott and Welbeck can keep doing that enough - they're not going to be good as Suarez but all three still have some time to peak.

If Wenger hadn't bought Ozil last year, we'd definitely have had Cesc back - just his bad luck and ours. But now Wenger has cast the die with Ozil, and he needs to build the team around him (and a talismanic striker pls) the way he did with Cesc earlier on.
Basically I agree. Ozil needs fast physical players to make space for him. Cesc isn't worse tbh, bit of a bad comparison on my part. But I do think that ozil as the foundation of team is exciting due to all the chances he can create. He simply can't handle the defensive duties of an epl winger tho.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hitcher-esque post <3

Are we ever going to get a sequel to Bulletstorm?

How good/bad is the new Wolfenstein?

Edit: bottom of the page, universe why do you hate me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom