• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been canoodling with a gorgeous 25 year old from work.

I say canoodling. It's happened twice and I'm an absolute pussy so haven't rung her since.

What is life.
Bro,

If I can do it, you can do it. Extra points if she finds your awkwardness cute like mine did.

El Topo

I just wasted a shit load of time on a shit show. Someone recommend me something good please. You know what? It doesn't have to be good. Just about anything better than Hemlock Grove will do.

Arnie

Friend from Uni has lost like eight stone in a year.

Amazing transformation. He was honestly really large before. He now looks like Bear Grylls in comparison. Well in. Must've taken so much willpower and mental strength.

Just settling into Boardwalk now. Half way through S1.

Getting Mad Men vibes. Gonna love this shit.

Will get me through this fucking international break nonsense.

Friend from Uni has lost like eight stone in a year.

Amazing transformation. He was honestly really large before. He now looks like Bear Grylls in comparison. Well in. Must've taken so much willpower and mental strength.

Damn, 8st. Props.

I feel lucky. I eat a fair bit of a crap from time to time but my weight is steady. Couldn't be having that stress of eating a chip and feeling guilty about it.

Nicktendo86

As a united fan and someone who adored Keane in his playing days I have to say reading his book excerpts he is a complete and utter cunt and should not be allowed anywhere near football.

As a united fan and someone who adored Keane in his playing days I have to say reading his book excerpts he is a complete and utter cunt and should not be allowed anywhere near football.
It's a bit desperate tbh. A lot of it we've heard and some of it is just plain wrong on a factual level. All of it is vintage Keane apart from the fact it's in a freaking book. But whatever. Everything about the club is geared to make money he may aswell latch on too.

Also Big Sam has said Downing is the PLs best midfielder right now. Why say shit like that. Even Downing knows it's bollocks.

Didnt have a condom either time so was herded into other things.

Learnt my fucking lesson.

Ahhhh, the worst. I once forgot I didn't have any condoms in my room when I was getting down to it with a girl. Finally found one in the kitchen under a can of morrissons' own tinned beans and sausage.

It was a mood killer to say the least.

Jarnet87

iliOUGiFLpuuf.gif

I can't wait for January.

GorillaJu

Reading the AC thread now.. Lol

Pretty awful from Ubi that they'd knowingly hamstring the stronger platform to achieve parity. And the PC master race in this thread too =/ it's like reading the letters in Computer Gaming World 1996.

Manager

Not enough goals I don't think.

But I think that is exactly how you should line up when you go away in Europe. Fernando looked great on the weekend (only Villa etc but he just knows what to do)

Fernandinho can score a few, then obviously Milner, Silva and Navas should be able to help out with scoring as well with Aguero. There's so much movement, with Zabaleta and Kolarov on the wings as well, with that formation and no Yaya.

Yaya shouldn't start against any elite opposition, so I agree that it would work best against top opposition specially in Europe. Two strikers + Yaya has always worked for Pellegrini against lesser opposition, but it was incredible naive to do it against Bayern and possibly Roma.

GorillaJu

Fernandinho can score a few, then obviously Milner, Silva and Navas should be able to help out with scoring as well with Aguero. There's so much movement, with Zabaleta and Kolarov on the wings as well, with that formation and no Yaya.

Yaya shouldn't start against any elite opposition, so I agree that it would work best against top opposition specially in Europe. Two strikers + Yaya has always worked for Pellegrini against lesser opposition, but it was incredible naive to do it against Bayern and possibly Roma.

Fernandinho goals aren't really a reliable source though. He'll bang a couple in over the season but you don't know when he'll have the opportunity to shoot when he starts so deep.

Yaya will always start whenever he's fit regardless of opposition, dude. Pellegrini will probably stick to the 4-3-3 that looked good in the second half vs Villa. It seems to be the unlock code for David Silva's potential. He was everywhere after the switch.

K1LLER7

Is it true Paddy McNair has a hamstring injury?

He's impressed and works well with Rojo. Hopefully he's fit for the WBA game.

Manager

Fernandinho goals aren't really a reliable source though. He'll bang a couple in over the season but you don't know when he'll have the opportunity to shoot when he starts so deep.

Yaya will always start whenever he's fit regardless of opposition, dude. Pellegrini will probably stick to the 4-3-3 that looked good in the second half vs Villa. It seems to be the unlock code for David Silva's potential. He was everywhere after the switch.

The 4-3-3, or 4-2-3-1, is what we all hope he plays instead of 4-4-2. No two strikers, just five midfielders and Aguero. Silvas was being played on the left midfield position like he always had (the whole match), guess they just clicked after Villa grew tired and Fernando and Lampard helped out in midfield.

The general problem with Yaya included is that Silva is forced out on the wing as Yaya steals CAM (unless Yaya plays as CM but it never works against top opposition). Silva is average defensively and his wing is being taken advantage of by players like Bale and Robben. Against Villa, it might work, but Bayern instantly sends the ball to Silva's wing and the counter-attack is on. Milner and Navas are much better defensively, while Silva should focus to be in the middle IMO.

Silva makes runs, Yaya doesn't. The whole teams becomes much more mobile without Yaya and isn't as vulnerable for counter-attacks. Silva and Milner are fantastic together, Milner's tireless runs are perfect for Silva's passes! Apparently they're mates too, Milner is taking Spanish classes.

In CL and top opposition:
Fernandinho - Fernando
Navas - Silva - Milner
Aguero

Lesser opposition:
Nasri/Milner/Navas - Fernando - Fernandinho - Silva
Dzeko - Aguero

edit
The reason Fernandinho starts so deep is that he's covering for Yaya and playing DM. With Fernando on, he'd be able to go offense like in Shakhtar.

Wilbur

Banned
so let me get this straight.

everyone who follows serie a and doesn't support juventus thinks they get all the help from the referees and the figc

and everyone who supports juventus thinks the referees and the figc are against them

pls

inky

Meh, if people cared they would have gotten a PC.

Hypocrisy at its finets

But comfy couch
But $3,000 PC
But fiddling with settings.

LOL. It's all about Ps4 vs XBX bro.

To be fair, PS4 is actually the better console specs wise (at least on paper), so 1080p should be a standard or at least a goal, and when a developer comes out and says this:

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff,"

he's kinda rubbing it in your face that there are other reasons besides console capabilities to not go for the best performance. If they go for parity to accommodate both consoles, one of them is obviously being shorted. That's a pretty obvious conclusion, and if you bought the one console expecting better performance on multiplatform titles and you are not getting it for this reason, well...

If that's the reason at least don't go out and say it tho. That was really stupid of Ubisoft.

bud

i can't find my phone charger.

i can't go to sleep until i find my phone charger.

1% battery life left.

one percent.

I decided not to buy Football Manager this year. Fuck it.

Spent 358 hours on Football Manager 14 alone.

That's a lot of time looking at spreadsheets. And tiny 3d men.

EDIT: I'm fine if Assassin's Creed is 900p.

What I'm not fine is the 'parity' is pretty much downgrading the PS4 version. Well, on how Ubisoft worded it.

That's fucking bullshit.

EDIT2: Oh lord is the ADM Abba chant really a thing.

From the Facebook comments:
"Di Maria, here he goes again, angel how can he assist you. Oh we were broken hearted until the day he started! Angel we will never let you go!"
This has to catch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom