• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've been talking to Wes through pms about how off topic lots of posts here are in recent months. Frankly, it makes it hard to follow football related posts here, and this is a football thread after all. The purpose here is to keep the discussion mainly about football.

Don't misunderstand me. I understand that every single post can't be about football and that's fine but it's going too far. I'm considering reporting some people here if it goes on. Just thought I'd give you a warning.

this is why Parma is not in Europe.

"how off topic lots of posts here are in recent MONTHS"

we're like...4 games into this season.

No off-topic rhubarb, no party. Though I would ban the monthly debate about the Film/Album of the Year. And I'd ban it hard.

Hyped for Rossiter's debut tonight. Hope it happens.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Communication intercepted.

with regards
ByMwzWfIMAA6byZ.png

Paolo_Rossi_campeon_mundo.jpg

there's literally no one GOATer. The GOAT of all GOATS. The GOATEST.

LTWheels

More re: FFXV

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."

Suen failing a humour I see.

We have the offensive players to really go for it but defensively a bit weak. That's where my concern is, where we will probably need to play a few youngsters. Bellerin and Hayden are very promising though so hopefully they can make the most of their opportunities.

Yeah, i don't mind us playing some key youngsters, but I would like to see key offenive players out there, because we need to use this opportunity to keep gluing.

Marchisio > Pirlo + Vidal + Pogba + Asamoah + Coman + Verratti

the ultimate human bean

I really don't want to rely on Pirlo anymore. He is a liability if he isn't feeling a game and should only play in the biggest games. Conte's comments about Pirlo being ahead of Verratti the other day were very worrying to me.

Lightning

Banned

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."
That sounds shit. Absolute shit. I'll wait until I try it but the demo will need to REALLY impress for me to buy this.

Gambit

I'd respond and tell you how it combined with the male-only party going on a road trip destroys any hope I had for FFXV to be a good game, but it is not footbal related.

So that Paderborn, huh? glad we got another game tonight. I dislike weeks without games in the middle.

GorillaJu

Neville is probably right that a challenge for the title is still a few transfers away but the kind of capitulation we saw simply isn't going to happen regularly, and I don't think now is the time to stick the boot in.

Until Leicester ran rampant United looked excellent going forward. Marie is unstoppable and he's just one of 5 top class attacking players in the starting XI. For gods sake if you just drew a loose list of top strikers, even if you exclude Rooney you'd still have two of the world's highest regarded CFs with RVP and Falcao. A 4-man back line can't deal with that kind of onslaught.

That said Utd did lose the plot after the penalty, but I think Leicester deserve all the credit for how they played. I would love to see Liverpool go at teams with the same attitude they displayed. Leicester battled and pummeled that Utd back line, culminating in that cocky run of play where they passed around and nutmegged the defenders like they were Brazil 1970. They never lost their focus and never began to feel bad for themselves, even going down by two goals, and the crowd was fucking electric.

Against other teams, as we saw with QPR, United won't have trouble keeping the ball with Blind and Herrera in midfield. The problem Van Gaal will absolutely have to examine is what happens when the midfield gets bypassed with long balls into wide areas. The moment they lose possession there is about 15-20 yards of space between the deepest midfielder and the center halves. Imagine that was Hazard, Sanchez, Navas or Sterling against Rojo and Blackett, not Vardy and Nugent.

On FFXV:

I don't care if it's "casual". I'm not even hyped for it, but I don't give a shit if it's one button cinematic, whatever buzz words people hate. I have both casual and hardcore games in my library and I like it that way. Also I'm totally down for a sausage fest cast. I'm more turned off by Square's recent history of writing awful, unmemorable, melodramatic stories than I am of the road trip story (road trip stories are fucking awesome if done well).

El Topo

I'm laughing hard at the new FF XV news. As I said yesterday, it keeps getting worse. Then again, it could turn out to be great. No sense in losing my head before the demo is out.

United bros, explain to me what is the fascination of fans with Blackett?

Maybe I don't see it, but he has looked average to me. I read online people talking as if he is our best CB.

Yes, he has had some decent spells. But every game he has lacked what it takes to be a good defender for the full 90 minutes. He has made mistakes that led to goals. He has had headers that just go straight to the opposition every game and put defense under pressure.

What am I missing here?

LegoArmo

This FIFA lark is too easy.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8u7xfs3.jpg[/IMG]

Cheesing the offline starter tournament for coins

Blablurn

So FIFA PS4 bros.

I now have FIFA 15 and am setting up the club.

What do you want it to be called and what kit should we use?

cheers m8s

blablurn2hsoyd.png

This is so weird. I put up my old PS3 for sale not 3 hours ago, starting price of 50 bucks and immediately it's got 3 bids up to almost $200 with 5 days left on the auction. I wonder if my ps3 is rare? It's a white 160gb.

Link
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/183687628

Top bidder is someone named worldshoppu. Makes me think it's a rare unit and this guy wants to resell it.

anythign special you wanna buy with that money?

Neville is probably right that a challenge for the title is still a few transfers away but the kind of capitulation we saw simply isn't going to happen regularly, and I don't think now is the time to stick the boot in.

Until Leicester ran rampant United looked excellent going forward. Marie is unstoppable and he's just one of 5 top class attacking players in the starting XI. For gods sake if you just drew a loose list of top strikers, even if you exclude Rooney you'd still have two of the world's highest regarded CFs with RVP and Falcao. A 4-man back line can't deal with that kind of onslaught.

That said Utd did lose the plot after the penalty, but I think Leicester deserve all the credit for how they played. I would love to see Liverpool go at teams with the same attitude they displayed. Leicester battled and pummeled that Utd back line, culminating in that cocky run of play where they passed around and nutmegged the defenders like they were Brazil 1970. They never lost their focus and never began to feel bad for themselves, even going down by two goals, and the crowd was fucking electric.

Against other teams, as we saw with QPR, United won't have trouble keeping the ball with Blind and Herrera in midfield. The problem Van Gaal will absolutely have to examine is what happens when the midfield gets bypassed with long balls into wide areas. The moment they lose possession there is about 15-20 yards of space between the deepest midfielder and the center halves. Imagine that was Hazard, Sanchez, Navas or Sterling against Rojo and Blackett, not Vardy and Nugent.

On FFXV:

I don't care if it's "casual". I'm not even hyped for it, but I don't give a shit if it's one button cinematic, whatever buzz words people hate. I have both casual and hardcore games in my library and I like it that way. Also I'm totally down for a sausage fest cast. I'm more turned off by Square's recent history of writing awful, unmemorable, melodramatic stories than I am of the road trip story (road trip stories are fucking awesome if done well).

Keep in mind that both of Leicester's first two goals shouldn't have been given. It doesn't excuse united defenders being crap but both instances they were given a way back thanks to horrible refereeing.

This is so weird. I put up my old PS3 for sale not 3 hours ago, starting price of 50 bucks and immediately it's got 3 bids up to almost $200 with 5 days left on the auction. I wonder if my ps3 is rare? It's a white 160gb.

Link
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/183687628

Top bidder is someone named worldshoppu. Makes me think it's a rare unit and this guy wants to resell it.

My friend wants to sell some gaming stuff, and went to CEX

PS3, and 20 PS3 games.

£108. Fuck that.

GorillaJu

Keep in mind that both of Leicester's first two goals shouldn't have been given. It doesn't excuse united defenders being crap but both instances they were given a way back thanks to horrible refereeing.

No, I won't keep that in mind and you shouldn't either. Your team just got a 150m injection and capitulated against a promoted side whose top signing was a 7m player from Brighton. Blaming the refs solves nothing. You'll win some, you'll lose some. But even on the games where you're not getting the benefit of the refereeing you shouldn't be conceding 5 goals.

No, I won't keep that in mind and you shouldn't either. Your team just got a 150m injection and capitulated against a promoted side whose top signing was a 7m player from Brighton. Blaming the refs solves nothing. You'll win some, you'll lose some. But even on the games where you're not getting the benefit of the refereeing you shouldn't be conceding 5 goals.

I said it doesn't exist the defense being crap. But to say the refereeing had no effect is ignorance.

GorillaJu

My friend wants to sell some gaming stuff, and went to CEX

PS3, and 20 PS3 games.

£108. Fuck that.

Yeah software in particular is worth jack and shit to resellers, which is why I'm selling everything through Yahoo Auctions. I'm guaranteed at least double what I originally thought I'd get and it may pull in even more.

The games I'm gonna sell are worth 1000-2500 yen on Yahoo Auctions, but a used game shop will give me at most 800 yen each. I was quoted 3000 yen for my limited edition ICO & SOTC set at a Game Trader, but I see it fetching 9000+ on YahuOku.

GorillaJu

I said it doesn't exist the defense being crap. But to say the refereeing had no effect is ignorance.

What I'm saying is that there are thousands of micro-decisions happening on the pitch between the officials and the players, and it's impossible to pinpoint the source of the problem because of the butterfly effect. Thus I don't see the value in even acknowledging a positive or negative influence from the referee.

I'm not saying it's not frustrating to have a big obvious decision go against you. But I'm not going to account for the referees performance because he's part of the pitch, and in every game ever you're going to have to deal with decisions going against you. You should never go into a game thinking "well if the referee is on our side today we might pull off a nice result!"

Blablurn

FootballFan must be super happy about Barcas recent performance. You guys are playing some great football. You think the swag is back?

bjaelke

Dear Facebook Friends and Fans,

I wanted to take the time to write to you regarding recent reports and statements made by a former Fulham player Brede Hangeland. His portrayal of what was actually said, is so far from the truth, that it becomes laughable. He had an injury to the knee (inflammation) and I mentioned that he could try using an old technique of wrapping the knee with quark, which is used to decrease the inflammation. I would never tell a Doctor how he should manage the injury to a player, but it seems that this story has been wrongly told and blown completely out of context. I would like to make it clear that Hangeland´s statements are completely wrong and i must compliment the German Press, who always ask first before writing such nonsense.

It seems to me, that often players who are not performing on the pitch and are not in the spotlight, will make such ridiculous accusations. A world class player in the mold of Michael Ballack or Raul, would never ever make such statements, class speaks for itself.

I would also like to mention my apparent tough handling of my squad and staff. Steve Wigley a former employee and ex coach of Fulham and current coach of Notts Forest, who worked with me at Fulham stated recently, ´ I liked Felix, he was during my time with him, very good to me `
It is very important in my profession to be judged objectively, as i can imagine all of you would also expect. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but malicious gossip just goes too far in my opinion. And i will most certainly defend myself against a defamation of character, which is put out to damage my reputation.

Please feel free to send me an Email, i will be answering them on my Webpage shortly.
Thank you for you attention and support.

Regards.
Felix
Suck it Hangeland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom