• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCBvJXI.gif

HADfVR1.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Can anyone, anyone name me a bpl striker who can shoot in fifa? Ive had Sturridge and Falcao as my big names and both of them are terrible, I can score with midfielders fine but for some reason the Strikers are a handful of dogshit.

Scum

Can anyone, anyone name me a bpl striker who can shoot in fifa? Ive had Sturridge and Falcao as my big names and both of them are terrible, I can score with midfielders fine but for some reason the Strikers are a handful of dogshit.

Dat Guy.

Meier

Criteria for deciding when to penalise for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity:

- The direction of the play.
- The location of the foul.
- The proximity of the player to the ball.
- The probability of controlling the ball.
- The location and number of opponents.
- The opportunity for the attempt on goal.

The proximity of Aguero to the ball was quite far. The probability of controlling the ball relied on Silva's pass finding it's way through those players. The number of opponents presumably refers to a last man situation, in which it wasn't.

It's not that you're right or I'm right by the book, but if you apply common sense then the red is harsh.

I don't expect you to be a reliable adjudicator of the truth though Meier, considering some of your opinions on City's lack of penalties this season, and things like the first goal today.
So as you've said, none of the rules require it. Again, it's a judgment call. For better or for worse, that is what refereeing is about. In the real world, it's an absolute clear denial of a goalscoring change. Just from the phrase name itself -- you don't look at that foul and the Navas pass and think, oh, he wouldn't have scored there if the defender hadn't pulled him down. No, you think oh that defender's foul prevented him from scoring.

I didn't say the Lampard decision was right by the way. I think it's a judgment call and one that would almost never be made. That's just reality. Most of you all watch one sport, maybe two. with refereeing decisions. I watch 4 with regularity. Judgment plays a big role in their decisions, because most rules are open to interpretation. Disallowing a goal for that happens only a few times a year at most.

Re: the Lampard offside one, intent doesn't mean shit in that situation. He's either offside or he isn't, and he's either impeding the keeper or he isn't

Wilbur

Banned

I think the answer is that you're shit

Sturridge has 11 goals in 8 games on my season mode

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Negredo was good in '14. He wins almost every header as well.

Meier

He's not better than Kolarov. And he's never physically shielded an opponent from missiles thrown by his own crowd
He's miles better than Clichy though -- maybe about the same defensively but night and day in attack. And he's English so that's a bonus (and why we keep Clichy around to an extent I'd imagine). Those two (Aleks and Baines) rotating would be delicious.

He's miles better than Clichy though -- maybe about the same defensively but night and day in attack. And he's English so that's a bonus (and why we keep Clichy around to an extent I'd imagine). Those two (Aleks and Baines) rotating would be delicious.

Yeah

Said it before but imo the defensive nous that Clichy has over Kolarov doesn't come close to what you lose in attack.

Wish Kolarov would move tbh, want to see him play every game :p

Fergie

Banned
Vargas.

Eto'o.

Benteke.

That Oscar FK was stunning.
Defo a red for Aza

And Pelle with an accent, i love you Southampton and Italy legend. Might as well just give him player of the year now :p

Marc

I score ok with Sturridge, not the best goals but not any real problems with him.

You putting too much power into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom