• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
how much do you get for winning the title in the Premface League?

financially speaking, sometimes it's not worth it. I mean let's say you're gonna spend 60 million and you're only getting like 25 million back, what's the point?

I mean look at Liverpool, they pocketed more money than City despite finishing behind them, and Arsenal were a few millions (4?) away from both of them.

FootballFan

financially speaking, sometimes it's not worth it. I mean let's say you're gonna spend 60 million and you're only getting like 25 million back, what's the point?

It's why wenger doesn't do it. Top 4 profit without spending > winning epl after spending 60m

Tubie

I mean look at Liverpool, they pocketed more money than City despite finishing behind them, and Arsenal were a few millions (5?) away from both of them.

If your team spends 10+ years not being relevant then you will lose money.

With Wenger it's complicated. Khedira is not the answer, he's injured too much. Someone like Schneiderlin and a cb like Schar and we would be better and should get rid of Podolski, Campbell and Flamini and as such would not increase our wages and improve our squad.

Problem with Arsenal is that Wenger doesn't adapt well to changes. Tactics are outdated, every team knows exactly what we are going to do, no plan B when tactics don't work. It's not all in the transfers, our starting 11 against Hull should have won. This wasn't a transfer issue, it was a tactic and player issue.

Mertesacker for example gave the 2nd key goal away not one of the youngsters. The transfer market is not the only solution all the time.

If this is the case, even the more reason for him to take a break :/

FootballFan

If your team spends 10+ years not being relevant then you will lose money.

But they are relevant. Arsenal are a huge club, have a nice stadium, always qualify for the Champions league etc.

Sure they don't win those tournaments they play in but they do well with what they have and will continue to do so.

Wenger does his best to please everyone at the club. What a legend <3

Tubie

But they are relevant. Arsenal are a huge club, have a nice stadium, always qualify for the Champions league etc.

Sure they don't win those tournaments they play in but they do well with what they have and will continue to do so.

Wenger does his best to please everyone at the club. What a legend <3

He pleases the owners, not the fans. Using economics as an excuse is bullshit.

Would you prefer the current amazing Barcelona, which I'm jelous of, or a team that's been a joke in Europe since 2006?

You post about Neymar a lot, but do you know how much it took to bring him to Barca?

Barcelona is 400m+ euros in debt + other problems. If your team took the Arsenal approach then you would've not won shit in the past 5 years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can secure better sponsorships if you actually win something
a handful of millions more per year probably. Still won't cover the Cavani and Cesc costs

here take Welbeck

you want a title? Here, take this FA cup

You win much much more than just the prize money, m89s.
the hearts of millions of kids?

can we cash those in the bank? Can they pay for our shirts and season tickets? No? THEN FUCK THEM

FootballFan

Would you prefer the current amazing Barcelona, which I'm jelous of, or a team that's been a joke in Europe since 2006?

You post about Neymar a lot, but do you know how much it took to bring him to Barca?

Barcelona is 400m+ euros in debt + other problems. If your team took the Arsenal approach then you would've not won shit in the past 5 years.

Exactly.

You just like them so much because games versus arsenal are easy 6 points for Barca!

I wouldn't say that, but games vs arsenal are always brilliant. Just like when barca plays Chelsea. Or when Bayern plays manutd.

Good entertaining sheeeit.

Lightning

Banned

The main fans are still paying the highest prices in Europe and Arsenal sell out so get their money. They don't all go to the games but the tickets are sold so the fans are not as unhappy as you think. Twitter and Football-GAF is not a good indicator for fan unhappiness.

We signed 5 players in the summer and spent 60m. People talk like we spent nothing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't care about winning titles

I want my team to be financially responsible and pay their taxes in due time.

this is good for our society. This is why I fell in love with this sport to begin with

this is why I'm #TeamWenger. This is why I'm Arsenal

Blablurn

I got tired of games vs Arsenal. We had way too many of them in recent years :/ It's always the same. A win in London, then some tension in the 2nd leg. But in the end we win anyway.

bjaelke

a handful of millions more per year probably. Still won't cover the Cavani and Cesc costs

mOw5ej.gif

jts

...hate me...
the hearts of millions of kids?

can we cash those in the bank? Can they pay for our shirts and season tickets? No? THEN FUCK THEM
You can cash em in the future m8.

There's also your merchandise n shit.

And you can see that a single EPL title has great legs... for example, Arsenal last title was 10 years ago, and Arsenal fans still think the club is relevant.

So you can see it as an investment.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
and the only reason Arsene isn't doping his team is because it's expensive, not unethical.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-25-2014/mOw5ej.gif[mg][/QUOTE]

[quote="jts, post: 134974645"]You can cash em in the future m8.

There's also your merchandise n shit.

And you can see that a single EPL title has great legs... for example, Arsenal last title was 10 years ago, and Arsenal fans still think the club is relevant.

So you can see it as an investment.[/QUOTE]

Christ alive

guys I'm trying to defend Wenger here, stop embarrassing me with your sound logic

Tubie

The main fans are still paying the highest prices in Europe and Arsenal sell out so get their money. They don't all go to the games but the tickets are sold so the fans are not as unhappy as you think. Twitter and Football-GAF is not a good indicator for fan unhappiness.

We signed 5 players in the summer and spent 60m. People talk like we spent nothing.

But you could've spent a bit more and still remain financially responsible, very few of the big teams in europe can say that. This is what reporters will haunt Wenger with all season long.

bud23

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I say this with the greatest amount of respect to Cristina, but who cares about these records, honestly?

the fastest hattrick.

the fastest to reach 20

the slowest header

the longest time in air

who's going to read those and say "well I'll be damned, he really is the GOATest". Most of these depend on the level of opponents and fixtures innit?

Blablurn

I say this with the greatest amount of respect to Cristina, but who cares about these records, honestly?

the fastest hattrick.

the fastest to reach 20

the slowest header

the longest time in air

who's going to read those and say "well I'll be damned, he really is the GOATest"

His biggest problem is that he played during the same time as Messi. He will always be the second best.

But hey, with millions of euros in my bank and 2 CL titles I wouldn't care much about it :lol

I think Ronaldo is a good lad. I read plenty of articles about the good stuff he did. He's legit.

But some of his fans are unbearable.

Tubie

I think you are my favourite Real fan, Tubie

Give me back Alonso and I might forgive you for being a Bayern fan!

In all honesty, I see Ronaldo as a guy who works hard and has accomplished shit nobody thought he was capable off. His ambition will lead him to be in the top 10 of all time, but GOAT? no way.

Blablurn

In all honesty, I see Ronaldo as a guy who works hard and has accomplished shit nobody thought he was capable off. His ambition will lead him to be in the top 10 of all time, but GOAT? no way.

But Alonso is the only reason why havent failed so far ;_; He is the GOAT of my heart. Seriously. Bayern usually fails big time after World Cups. But Alonso is such a great anchor in our system. He keeps everything running <3

In other news:

Mario Götze about a potential Reus transfer to Bayern:

"I have a great relationship with Marc. It's his decision. He has to know what he wants to do. But I would be really happy if he joins Bayern."

Yes. Yes.

Welcome to Bayern, Reus.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Ronaldo is a proper athlete, a hammer, a terminator, the ultimate Guyver and an inspiration for all the halfwits and talentless kids around the world. If you train enough*, you can be a Ronaldo too.

*or really just call Fuentes

But that's boring, I'll take LVGeniuses over him, any day of the week. Give me Platini, Zidane, Pogba, Pirlo, Adnan and Cattermole. I want magic, I want to watch something that isn't possible with training, I want to feel helpless and unworthy. I want to feel like Wilbur in bed

Yurt go back to bed, you're too angry this morning

I have a meeting in two hours and I'm contemplating suicide atm. I'll probably do it in the middle of the table just to make a mess and piss them off even more

Blablurn

I'm watching the highlights of the World Cup Final right now. Schweinsteiger was such a beast in that game. A proper German legend.

Tubie

Ronaldo is a proper athlete, a hammer, a terminator, the ultimate Guyver and an inspiration for all the halfwits and talentless kids around the world. If you train enough*, you can be a Ronaldo too.

*or really just call Fuentes

But that's boring, I'll take LVGeniuses over him, any day of the week. Give me Platini, Zidane, Pogba, Pirlo, Adnan and Cattermole. I want magic, I want to watch something that isn't possible with training, I want to feel helpless and unworthy.

Why do you think Pogba, not Vidal, appears in my dreams?

All I see is:

Pogba-Modric-Kroos

Do the right thing Uncle Florentino, buy Pogba!

Blablurn

I hope Messi wins a World Cup in his career. If he, Di Maria and Aguero continue to be awesome, they might have a shot... maybe? I don't know. The rest of the team is just not that good.

Seriously? Both Messi and Ronaldo are incredible goalscorers but La Liga is a joke league for defending. Always has been and always will be. Their goalscoring records in that league are meaningless. Now the CL is a different story, but still there are no world class defenders in this day and age. You just have to look how both of them have struggled to score when they played against teams from a country that is tactically astute.

Ronaldo and Messi are lucky to be playing in this day and age. 20 years ago they would not be scoring the same amount of goals and 30 years ago they would be scoring even less than that.

They are both far and away the two best attacking players today, but they are playing in the greatest time to be an attacking player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Billy Beane needs to do a phone-in.

Arsenal "primed for success" :lol

reminds of me Vincent Kompany's "we're destined for long term success"

I hope Messi wins a World Cup in his career. If he, Di Maria and Aguero continue to be awesome, they might have a shot... maybe? I don't know. The rest of the team is just not that good.
It's too late now I think. 2014 was supposed to be their year

Tubie

Seriously? Both Messi and Ronaldo are incredible goalscorers but La Liga is a joke league for defending. Always has been and always will be. Their goalscoring records in that league are meaningless. Now the CL is a different story, but still there are no world class defenders in this day and age. You just have to look how both of them have struggled to score when they played against teams from a country that is tactically astute.

Ronaldo and Messi are lucky to be playing in this day and age. 20 years ago they would not be scoring the same amount of goals and 30 years ago they would be scoring even less than that.

They are both far and away the two best attacking players today, but they are playing in the greatest time to be an attacking player.

So Diego Costa and Aguero can make a joke of the EPL, but suddenly anything south of the EPL is shit? Do you really think Ronaldo or Messi would not break EPL records? lol...

Imagine how Jaap Stam would deal with CR7 and Messi :lol

You just got to look at the list of defenders and defensive midfielders from twenty years and compare it today and realise what a joke this age is. teams also like to "park the bus" against team, but actually have no clue that there is a difference between defending and just sticking 10 men behind the ball.

Blablurn

reminds of me Vincent Kompany's "we're destined for long term success"

It's too late now I think. 2014 was their supposed to be their year

We can be lucky that Di Maria didn't play in the final
kYFVZc5.png

You just got to look at the list of defenders and defensive midfielders from twenty years and compare it today and realise what a joke this age is. teams also like to "park the bus" against team, but actually have no clue that there is a difference between defending and just sticking 10 men behind the ball.

Yep. In the latest Pep book there is a chapter where the author talks about a meeting between Pep and Boateng. Boa told him that no one ever taught him how to defend. Everything he did was pure intuition or something like that lol. And Boateng is playing since many, many years now.

It needed Pep to finally learn something about that position.

And if all that applies to Boateng, you can be sure that many other defenders suffer from the same mistakes aka. they are no true defenders. They just stand there and try to keep the ball away from the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom