• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Seems like Hoeneß lost 18kg in prison already

You should reconsider jogging / running.

IS THIS A TRICK QUESTION

Purge's idea is very interesting, and good for bar talk :p

Fine, I'll watch it one of these days.

Seriously though. I want to buy Psychobreak for PC. Where do I get it on the cheap(est)?

EDIT: Thanks Quiche, even though I know you're just trying to fit in with us poor folks. You probably bought two ultimate collector's editions for yourself. Still, appreciate it.

Blablurn

Bayern players at International tournaments since 66

Bzzf-euCEAEmNdN.png:large

In those times I usually listen to Us and Them, ignoring the lyrics in this instance, because of the sax. A good sax is always a big plus.

Is there something I'm not understanding about the Sterling thing?

A player says he's tired and not fit to play at full capacity. The manger relays this to the press when asked why the player's not playing.

SCANDAL

Is there something I'm not understanding about the Sterling thing?

A player says he's tired and not fit to play at full capacity. The manger relays this to the press when asked why the player's not playing.

SCANDAL

Fucking Woy

"We do have to take players' workload into consideration and there are going to be times in top league teams where players suffer from some sort of physical and mental fatigue, but I think it's a bit unfair if all the expectations to give the player a little bit of a break fall on my shoulders."

Who's fucking shoulder then, Woy?

Fucking Woy

"We do have to take players' workload into consideration and there are going to be times in top league teams where players suffer from some sort of physical and mental fatigue, but I think it's a bit unfair if all the expectations to give the player a little bit of a break fall on my shoulders."

Who's fucking shoulder then, Woy?

Not really my point.

Why is it any sort of a scandal that a player physically feels like they need a break, regardless of who initiates that decision?

It feels like it's either:

a) Manufactured outrage at a nothing issue; or

b) Old school football machismo tradition that says you must keep playing until you get injured and if you tap out then you're an unprofessional pussy.

It's telling that most of the criticism I've seen has come from ex players.

In this case the tiring is due to Rogers I say.

Then the criticism should be aimed at our handling of him. Seems to me like most of it is thrown at Sterling for having the cheek to actually admit that he's not 100%, and for not being able to carry a team on his back for more than a month at 19 years old

Gary Monk seems like a top bloke. Swansea sure know how to pick 'em

Sterling deserves respect for admitting he is. tired and not fit.

I wished El Shaarawy had said it to someone when he was carrying Milan as a 19/20 year. Maybe now he would not be dead and on the bench to fucking Menez

Then the criticism should be aimed at our handling of him. Seems to me like most of it is thrown at Sterling for having the cheek to actually admit that he's not 100%, and for not being able to carry a team on his back for more than a month at 19 years old

Gary Monk seems like a top bloke. Swansea sure know how to pick 'em

Actually, if Sterling is just telling Woy that he is tired and can't play but not telling Rodgers anything he can be criticized too.

This is of course assuming he never told Rodgers the same thing which I would venture is true.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sterling deserves respect for admitting he is. tired and not fit.

I wished El Shaarawy had said it to someone when he was carrying Milan as a 19/20 year. Maybe now he would not be dead and on the bench to fucking Menez

Is he unfit or just plain unprofessional? Keep hearing different stories

Actually, if Sterling is just telling Woy that he is tired and can't play but not telling Rodgers anything he can be criticized too.

This is of course assuming he never told Rodgers the same thing which I would venture is true.

I assume we are well aware of how fatigued he's been over the last month, but even at his worst we didn't have a decent replacement, regardless of how much money we spent in the summer. England on the other hand have plenty of alternatives, and were playing utter shite teams against whom Sterling really wasn't needed

Not really my point.

Why is it any sort of a scandal that a player physically feels like they need a break, regardless of who initiates that decision?

It feels like it's either:

a) Manufactured outrage at a nothing issue; or

b) Old school football machismo tradition that says you must keep playing until you get injured and if you tap out then you're an unprofessional pussy.

It's telling that most of the criticism I've seen has come from ex players.

I agree it's a nothing issue but its scandalous the way Rodgers and Woy have been overplaying Sterling the last year or so. At this rate, the kid is gonna burn out, get a long term injury or lose focus/form due to being overplayed.

I agree it's a nothing issue but its scandalous the way Rodgers and Woy have been overplaying Sterling the last year or so. At this rate, the kid is gonna burn out, get a long term injury or lose focus/form due to being overplayed.

I hope it isn't a case of Michael Owen all over again.

With the return of Sturridge and the ascension of Lallana, we should be able to rest Sterling more often now hopefully. Don't expect him to be starting many more domestic cup matches.

Speaking of which, that's perhaps the most bizarre thing we've done this season. Rest him against Villa in the league, then play him for 120 minutes in the League Cup. Lunacy.

Mastadon

Banned
With the return of Sturridge and the ascension of Lallana, we should be able to rest Sterling more often now hopefully. Don't expect him to be starting many more domestic cup matches.

Speaking of which, that's perhaps the most bizarre thing we've done this season. Rest him against Villa in the league, then play him for 120 minutes in the League Cup. Lunacy.

I think playing him in the league cup was a response to the criticism for not playing him against Villa. If we had won against Villa, which we should have with the team we put out, I'm certain Sterling would have been rested for that game too.

Is he unfit or just plain unprofessional? Keep hearing different stories

One of Milan GAF said he had a problem working with Allegri or something.

I have never heard anything about behaviour problems and the problem seems he was burnt out after that amazing season. Played in the confed and was doing well in Milan friendlies and then got injured and missed the whole of last year.

Then finally healthy this season and had a good opening game but then got injured with Italy and is now sitting on the bench.

Whatever the problem is needs to be dealt with quickly, because IMO he is the best attacking talent Italy have.
Sorry to Berardi

LTWheels

Nice article in the Mirror about how Stiliyan Petrov now plays Sunday League football as he it getting close to the end if his cancer treatment.

3Sixty

Sterling shouldn't have to say he's tired. Any manager worth his salt could see he has not been playing at his best and could do with a break.

The fact he had to tell Woy this is more of an reflection of his ability to manage.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're going to the next Sensation concert*, I'm on a ridiculous streak of bad decisions this year :lol

and yes, Zazo, the car will definitely be one of them :lol if not at the top of the list

*77%
Whatever the problem is needs to be dealt with quickly, because IMO he is the best attacking talent Italy have.
Sorry to Berardi

I still don't know how I feel about Stephan, he was out of this world in his first 6 months, but the arrival of Balo really kinda...killed him, for good. So for now, he's shelved next to G.Rossi until further notice. All hopes on Mimmo and Zazojnic

Welcome to Manchester, Strootlord.

tbh, Vidal seems more likely now.

We're going to the next Sensation concert*, I'm on a ridiculous streak of bad decisions this year :lol

and yes, Zazo, the car will definitely be one of them :lol if not at the top of the list

*77%

I still don't know how I feel about Stephan, he was out of this world in his first 6 months, but the arrival of Balo really kinda...killed him, for good. So for now, he's shelved next to G.Rossi until further notice. All hopes on Mimmo and Zazojnic

tbh, Vidal seems more likely now.

whynotboth.gifv

I don't see Woy's fault here for playing or not playing Sterling. It is not his job to make sure the player is not tired with Liverpool now having to play CL football too and Sterling has looked tired before the national break.

If he believes that Sterling is England's best player and he is, he would want him to play. Even then he didn't start against Estonia and if England weren't playing like shit he might not have brought him on.

All top players have international duties, Rodgers needs to balance the playtime between the league, cups, CL better for his players.

Much rather see a fit and proper Sterling play 65 minutes every game than a tired and broken Sterling play 90 minutes every game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And Shanks you've got to give Berardi more credit, he's single-handedly carrying the absolute worst side in Serie A history by his own :lol

@Banter FC: Killer7 is an insane finisher :lol Penny is basically Di Maria. Dean is El Shaarawy pre-Allegri. But my favourite player was that fourth guy with the Ozil-esque passes and freekicks, I can't quite make out his name on the video

And people laughed at me when I said Sterling peaked last season.

and like every single Liverpool youngster before him, he'll retire (sul campo) at the age of 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom