• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Aye, Falcao's great. I'm well jealous. I'd love to muppet over him.

Instead I've got fucking Balotelli.

Balo could be great if he did not know that he had the talent, potential and ability to be world-class. Like knowing it is possible is good enough, so why try harder to become world-class?

KidJr

Talking to one of my friends yesterday (avid liverpool fan and knows football) and he is under the impression Balotelli is actually just shit lol, he feels liverpoools game is all about quick passing movements which Balotelli has literally zero interest in doing lol (according to him).

I dont know if it's me, but I like Balotelli, but I will admit that is based of very handful of 90 minute games rather than having seen him perform for a whole season.

L1NETT

I still think it's funny that everyone thought Balotelli was a bargain and Welbeck was a fleecing and now...

define everyone

you'll do well to find many folk who thought Balotelli would be a guaranteed success. He still might be after all, still flippin October.

Same with Welbeck. Unless he's consistent with how he's playing for club and country from now till May what's the point.

Talking to one of my friends yesterday (avid liverpool fan and knows football) and he is under the impression Balotelli is actually just shit lol, he feels liverpoools game is all about quick passing movements which Balotelli has literally zero interest in doing lol (according to him).

I dont know if it's me, but I like Balotelli, but I will admit that is based of very handful of 90 minute games rather than having seen him perform for a whole season.

he's certainly not shit, would disagree with your chum there. But, if Balotelli doesn't fit into a game about quick passing movements how on earth does Rickie Lambert

I don't think Balotelli would be world class even if he had the correct attitude

His close control is very good, he's athletically great (when he can be bothered to stretch his legs) and he's capable of exquisite touches, like a less consistent Berbatov.

But his finishing is pretty poor, I don't think he's a very good header, his anticipation is pretty poor, his passing inconsistent, his decision-making awful. Also I think people overrate his shooting from distance the same way they do Ronaldo's free kicks, scoring 2 or 3 a season from 70 attempts is pretty poor if anything

Think he can be good enough as part of a 2 for Liverpool, but that's a bit of a problem since he was bought as cover for Sturridge, as well as being a partner for him, and Sturridge keeps picking up injuries

El Topo

Bought new Sennheiser headphones, definitely worse than the CX 400 II. I'll probably have to buy myself some proper headphones.

Blablurn

vkIuf7B.png

MiaSanArsenal

Wat?

Balo is shit because he doesn't listen.

I was surprised when people defended Balo by saying that they did well with Suarez. Well the thing is Suarez has always had the drive to succeed, and works at it. Only problem is his attitude against players on the other team, and being one of the worst sore losers in the game.

Balo, as much as I like him outside the game, has the ego the size of your mom but doesn't do the extra work to push himself to be better than he is. He either tries too hard, or mistook the 70% of work that he gives as the full 100.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good to see Walcott back in training, need Ramsey back then and we dont look tooo bad.

It will be a long time before Walcott is at the level he was pre-injury. Most likely next season.

Just pray that he doesn't have recurrent muscle problems like most players who fuck their knee up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom