• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's unacceptable really. Still enough time to get back of course but it must be the worst start of a qualifier tourney in like forever. We used to roll trough them not losing a single point.
I think the current structure of the qualifiers is somehow taking its toll on high-profile teams. See Spain and Germany too, teams used to just breezing through without dropping a single points, now losing against the likes of Slovakia and Poland. I guess they're just finding it difficult, perhaps unconsciously to care enough in these early games knowing they'll have to fuck up incredibly bad to not make it through.

Linius

I think the current structure of the qualifiers is somehow taking its toll on high-profile teams. See Spain and Germany too, teams used to just breezing through without dropping a single points, now losing against the likes of Slovakia and Poland. I guess they're just finding it difficult, perhaps unconsciously to care enough in these early games knowing they'll have to fuck up incredibly bad to not make it through.

Yeah, though as a professional footballer you can't make excuses like that of course.

Oh well, I'm not sweating yet. But it's worrying.

England are beasting it

Drowning in clean sheets

Happy Birthday to Di Natale. 37 years old and still beasting it in Serie OAP. 124 goals in his last 178 games. He would have 200 goals if he played in la liga

norinrad

This could end up being like 2002 all over again. What nightmare. The only people who are going to be happy in this country are the tour the France people and shitty hockey groups.

Irminsul

This could end up being like 2002 all over again. What nightmare. The only people who are going to be happy in this country are the tour the France people and shitty hockey groups.
Nah, I don't think that any of the big footballing nations or England won't qualify. I mean, that would require you to be in third place or lower and be worse than a few other third-placed nations.

Not that I wouldn't find it pretty funny, but I just can't see it. Just as our 0-2 against Poland won't mean shit besides destroying our nice qualifier records.

Linius

2002 was the lowest of lows. But in the current qualification structure it will be pretty hard to not qualify.

Imagine being Graziano Pelle.

Life is not fair.
I know right. (feeling like the chubby chick on the left right now)

tumblr_mmvtuulHLD1sp1q8vo1_1280.jpg

Also he would have buried this crazy chance Immobile just wasted

Meier

Wooooow. Begovic had played really well in the bits I've seen of this. What an error. I wonder if that was Nainggolan's first Belgian goal? Ahh, 2nd apparently.

Aquaminerale on to add some....

No idea what he does
It's really close between this team and the 2010 squad for the title of worst IItaly national team ever. Can't wait for the U21 prospects to fully blossom, Belotti, Berardi, Bernardeschi, Sturaro, Rugani etc all look seriously promising, hopefully at least a couple of them actually live up to expectations for once (Balotelli and Elsha, I'm looking at the two of you)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's really close between this team and the 2010 squad for the title of worst IItaly national team ever. Can't wait for the U21 prospects to fully blossom, Belotti, Berardi, Bernardeschi, Sturaro, Rugani etc all look seriously promising, hopefully at least a couple of them actually live up to expectations for once (Balotelli and Elsha, I'm looking at the two of you)

x100.

I'm just done with half this generation. We're the equivalent of a WiiU

El Shaarawy Belotti Berardi
Mastour-Verratti-XXXX
De Sciglio Romagnoli Rugani Darmian
Scuffet

2022 believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom