• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

I want the media to take a huge stinking shit on Hiddink's chest.

Both Guus and Holland have simply been exposed. Our defense has been shit for years, but Van Gaal managed to hide it with smart tactics and discipline. Which showed how good Louis actually is. He comes of as an asshole, but he really knows and sees more than the rest.

Guus is just a very average coach that never brought anything new to the table. He can get on with superstars well, which is a good quality if you have a team of superstars. But this squad demands actual tactics and game plan, and hes not the coach to deliver such things. Let him go back to Russia.

Facism

Ily

Boy am I glad to see Balo fucking off those Future XIs

Mastour is a mid??

yeh fuck this management and fuck the tff at large. uefa should do a full corruption investigation of the entire organisation. Ban them and the team from all international competition until they pull the weeds and shape up.

x100.

I'm just done with half this generation. We're the equivalent of a WiiU
WiiU still has Zelda tho

El Shaarawy Belotti Berardi
Mastour-Verratti-XXXX
De Sciglio Romagnoli Rugani Darmian
Scuffet

2022 believe
El Shaarawy will be on a wheelchair in 2022 :/
But yea, hopefully a new golden generation is coming, I miss watching the likes of Nesta,Cannavaro, Maldini, Vieri, Del Piero, Totti etc as a kid. Whatever happened here? I mean, only 1-0 ahead against freaking Malta, down to 10 men thanks to a extremely dubious call on top of that, just depressing

Rockyrock

But yea, hopefully a new golden generation is coming, I miss watching the likes of Nesta,Cannavaro, Maldini, Vieri, Del Piero, Totti etc as a kid. Whatever happened here? I mean, only 1-0 ahead against freaking Malta, down to 10 men thanks to a extremely dubious call on top of that, just depressing

to be fair it seems like all big teams are struggling in qualifying so far.

WiiU still has Zelda tho

Those names make me sad. Hopefully the under 21s qualify tomorrow. That 2006 team was built on the success of the u21s from the 96 championship. I think we won 3 out of 4 editions.

Wilbur

Banned
wilbur do you celebrate when rooney scores

Mm, depends. Every time he scores, I wish it was someone else doing it. With goals like his one against west ham, I praised Rafael instead.

I'll always cheer because we score, but I'd honestly rather anyone else getting the goal.

Zabojnik

Let's be honest here though. You might miss those players, I do too. But I'd need about ten hands to count all the absolutely SHIT matches those players had with the national team. Nobody gives a fuck about playing against Malta, just like they didn't back then.

Salvadora

Do you celebrate when the sun rises?

does the postman celebrate when he delivers letters
Mm, depends. Every time he scores, I wish it was someone else doing it. With goals like his one against west ham, I praised Rafael instead.

I'll always cheer because we score, but I'd honestly rather anyone else getting the goal.
isn't this like having sex with emily ratajkowski and wishing it was clara

just be happy in the moment

free from hatred

yolo

Let's be honest here though. You might miss those players, I do too. But I'd need about ten hands to count all the absolutely SHIT matches those player played with the national team. Nobody gives a fuck about playing against Malta, just like they didn't back then.
Yeah, I do remember Italy struggling against teams almost as terrible as Malta even during the good old days, but at least back then you had something to look forward to, even in the most ridiculous and useless fixtures. Some Totti magic, a Del Piero touch, a graceful perfectly times tackle by Nesta, Cannavaro beating players towering 20 cm over him in the air, that sort of stuff. Now, if all a Italy game has to offer is Balotelli fighting against himself and Aquilani treading confusedly around the pitch, it's really hard to even bother. I mean, it really took me some effort to open up a streaming for this game, and I'm still watching an old Jeff Green Dark Souls streaming in another tab. And yeah, 1-0 against Malta is almost 1966 North Korea level of bad :p

Got bored with the Italy game so i'm watching the Iceland-Holland match. Is it 2-0 Iceland because the Dutch played like crap or is Iceland better than everyone thought?

Linius

Got bored with the Italy game so i'm watching the Iceland-Holland match. Is it 2-0 Iceland because the Dutch played like crap or is Iceland better than everyone thought?

Iceland scored from a set piece and got a cheap penalty. They're just hanging back and doing nothing really. Meanwhile we're failing to making an impact and create enough chances. The few we had we didn't finish.

Everyone? Please.

Ridiculous that I'm nervous about us playing Iceland. Pisses me off. We should be smashing these fools.

That's because Aron Gunnarsson has finally found his international scoring boots. You've had it.

Linius

One thing we learned from tonight is that Iceland isn't as good as people were trying to make them. Or the press at least. But if we have to face them again with Hiddink as our manager I still don't see it happening :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom