• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Thats like saying Japanese names are awesome because of Anime.

I had had more classmates who were called Kristian or David, than any names combined.

They do have great names, except that its quite rare these days to see one with those names. I had a classmate who was named Øystein. Thats a fucking amazing name!

I basically just meant the Iceland way of doing it with their 'son of' structure for last names. I can't do that with my name :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On the bright side Olanda, at least you aren't playing a 3-5-2

Giovinco is cursed.

4th fucking time we have hit the post, come on boys

2nd time for Giovinco in his two games

Just how many posts has Giovinco hit so far in this season? A real sniper.
he's hitting the post CONSISTENTLY...that has to be harder than scoring surely?
Liking Homeland too, focus has changed massively but in a way I am liking dealing with some big issues right now. The only thing is there are very few characters to like any more
Yeah I'm really loving it so far! And NO
BRODY
THANK FUCK FOR THAT

I hope they turn down the romantic elements too, enough already.

“I said when I came into the job that I didn’t know quite what to expect of him,” Hodgson said. “My knowledge of him was shaped by TV, radio and the newspapers but I have been surprised by him. He is a very different person than I thought – very driven, very professional – and since he has had the captaincy he has taken on even more responsibility. To get 100 caps for your country is some achievement because the competition you face for your shirt in England all the time should be enormous.”

lol pls

Blablurn

I watched some The Evil Within live streams yesterday. That looked super mediocre. Basically a re skinned RE4. And I don't think RE4 holds up very well anymore. But I never understood the hype anyway. By no means it was a bad game, but a GOAT? I don't think so.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I watched some The Evil Within live streams yesterday. That looked super mediocre. Basically a re skinned RE4. And I don't think RE4 holds up very well anymore. But I never understood the hype anyway. By no means it was a bad game, but a GOAT? I don't think so.

It was never going to be a GOAT, and it wasn't aiming to be one to begin with (like Vanquish), but it looks fun as hell.

RE4 still holds up damn well D:

But yeah TEW looks quite meh.

Very one toneish.

I will play RE4 when I get home, but I just hate the fucking controls. It takes an age to turn him around and then out of nowhere there are several crazy eastern europeans surrounding me. I have to just run away and then go through the slow slog to turn around and then pop them off. Using the knife is fucking brutal.

And Yurt is right about TLOU. It was the most boring game that Naughty Dogs produced last gen.

Blablurn

OH you meant RE4, soz!

RE4 is one of the GOATs, yes. If you wanna talk about hype and disgustingly overrated games, I raise you TLoU.

I never understood the TLoU either :-/

It's like: "Oh, TV has The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and so many other good series. But hey... Gaming isn't doing too bad either. Look, Here is The Last of Us. It's good, eh? Yes, it's good."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I will play RE4 when I get home, but I just hate the fucking controls. It takes an age to turn him around and then out of nowhere there are several crazy eastern europeans surrounding me. I have to just run away and then go through the slow slog to turn around and then pop them off. Using the knife is fucking brutal.

there's no 180 turn button? I forgot

I never understood the TLoU either :-/

It's like: "Oh, TV has The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and so many other good series. But hey... Gaming isn't doing too bad either. Look, Here is The Last of Us. It's good, eh? Yes, it's good."

Gamers were just DESPERATE for a good game I guess

there's no 180 turn button? I forgot

Gamers were just DESPERATE for a good game I guess

It said there was but when I trued nothing happened. I just hought fuck it and keep running away.

Also. Why is there some weird merxhent who just pops up out of nowhere? I just want to kill him and steal all his good.

Marc

singer's a C-list director

X2 and... that's basically it

Dude, do yourself a favour and watch Usual Suspects.

Also, you all need to watch Apt Pupil... if only to confirm that Singer seeks sexual gratification from boys.

It is a good film, watched it before he was found out to be 'dodgy'.

I liked DOFP but didn't justify the hype apart from quicksilver who was awesome, Singer does come up with some amazing scenes like Nightcrawler but always too few.

Valkyrie was a decent film as well to be fair to him, just never matched the greatness of Usual Suspects.

Yeah I'm really loving it so far! And NO
BRODY
THANK FUCK FOR THAT

I hope they turn down the romantic elements too, enough already.

Yeah, that had definitely run its course.

Missing his wife though... mmmm

Carrie is fucking me off more than usual though, that baby scene had me wanting to choke a bitch.

As for romance...
that fat sex scene came out of nowhere. He has for sure gone mental.

Blablurn

I'm not even mad about those international games. Cause it seems like Thiago used the time to get back in game shape again. Dis gun be gud.

Blablurn

I like how they wanted to present some kind of new Horrow with The Evil Within and yet they introduce a chainsaw guy in the beginning lol.

I can't wait for my other half to rip your boys in half tonight.

For your it might be a special game. For me it's just another CL group stage game.

Think about it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As for romance...
that fat sex scene came out of nowhere. He has for sure gone mental.
and the whole
"is it because you LOVE Carrie? ;)"
this isn't high school :lol
he saved her because A) obviously because he knows her more than the other guy B) because she's a woman, that dude could in theory defend himself for a bit or something
. And
don't get me started on the lady

It said there was but when I trued nothing happened. I just hought fuck it and keep running away.

Also. Why is there some weird merxhent who just pops up out of nowhere? I just want to kill him and steal all his good.

RE4's Drebin!

I like how they wanted to present some kind of new Horrow with The Evil Within and yet they introduce a chainsaw guy in the beginning lol.

For your it might be a special game. For me it's just another CL group stage game.

Think about it.

Ah I get you. Just like I feel whenever my blue half plays you in a tournament. "Just another easy win"

RE4's Drebin!

At least Drebin makes sense IIRC. This guy just pops up at a window and tells me to follow him. I thought he was the spanish guy wearing a disguise. He could have ended up raping me or worst. Why is he just walking around offering all this shit? Is it a great location with lots of potential customers?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ah I get you. Just like I feel whenever my blue half plays you in a tournament. "Just another easy win"

At least Drebin makes sense IIRC. This guy just pops up at a window and tells me to follow him. I thought he was the spanish guy wearing a disguise. He could have ended up raping me or worst. Why is he just walking around offering all this shit? Is it a great location with lots of potential customers?

he still makes more sense than Liquid's arm

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That might be the worst part of the series. Whenever I replay the tanker I just scream "what were you thinking"

RE4 doesn't take itself as seriously as Kojima. Sometimes it feels like MGS is trying to lecture me about stuff I don't even care about or have the ability to change in the world

Lightning

Banned
RE4 is probably the most overrated game in existence. An unbelievably average game with a castle that drags on and on and ultimately just being a standalone average 3rd person shooter that insults the rest of the series.

From the greatness of REmake to action RE4, to co op RE5 to that joke called RE6.

The joke of the series known as Resident Evil.

Clydefrog

iHkHphanTppci.gif

hahahhahaa

RE4 is probably the most overrated game in existence. An unbelievably average game with a castle that drags on and on and ultimately just being a standalone average 3rd person shooter that insults the rest of the series.

Wrong.

I enjoyed the Dutch bitterness yesterday

I feel like cartoon_soldier is desperately trying to find ways of looking at the Sterling nonsense in a way which suggests a rift between he and Rodgers

LTWheels

According to the Telegraph, Woy has even been twisting the truth:

It is understood that Sterling did not approach Hodgson to complain of being too tired to play but that the England manager decided that was the case after asking the forward a series of questions.

Yen

RE4 doesn't take itself as seriously as Kojima. Sometimes it feels like MGS is trying to lecture me about stuff I don't even care about or have the ability to change in the world
Maybe MGS is like reverse-Star Trek, the odd numbers in the series are fantastic and he goes off the rails on the even numbers.Though I like

faridmon

From the greatness of REmake to action RE4, to co op RE5 to that joke called RE6.

The joke of the series known as Resident Evil.

No NO NO NO

Lightning, I can't accept this opinion from you. RE4 is just a top-notch videogame, The best of its kind.

I basically just meant the Iceland way of doing it with their 'son of' structure for last names. I can't do that with my name :p

Oh that. Yeah its cool. Bellieve it or not, my name is actually structured like that as its the Islamic/Arabic way of writing names as well. My middle name is actually my fathers and my grandfathers name and my family name is my great grandfather's.

GorillaJu

According to the Telegraph, Woy has even been twisting the truth:

It is understood that Sterling did not approach Hodgson to complain of being too tired to play but that the England manager decided that was the case after asking the forward a series of questions.

It's seriously the dumbest non-controversy to be something in at least a month :lol

The comparison of a footballer to an A&E worker or soldier is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

Especially when it's the A&E worker himself making it. This fucking country.

Raheezus should have chosen Jamaica, we don't deserve him.

Lightning

Banned
No NO NO NO

Lightning, I can't accept this opinion from you. RE4 is just a top-notch videogame, The best of its kind.

Oh that. Yeah its cool. Bellieve it or not, my name is actually structured like that as its the Islamic/Arabic way of writing names as well. My middle name is actually my fathers and my grandfathers name and my family name is my great grandfather's.
The best of its kind? It's comments like that the reason the game is so overrated. The game got worse as it went on. The village wasn't bad, in fact I quite enjoyed it, the castle started alright but dragged on WAY to long and the island sucked ass. Not the kind of game I wanted I guess but for me just not that much fun.

Most of the hype was 'WOW they changed the controls this is so cool' but it's just overboard.

Batongen

Banned
Hmm in that cold mode where I don't know if I should go the office or not, especially when I might affect the whole office with my germs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom