• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Esch

Banned
absolutely

sensational

r1OUYHU.gif

Wilbur

Banned
The entire video is just sensational

He hasn't even learned vamos

"Come on Chory"

Stepping on the pitch

The basketball

What a man.

Wilbur

Banned
Come on, Pep. Don't bugger this up.

God I hate this shambolic rule. They should be bukkaked from Europe altogether.

Oh, I agree it's fucking nonsense. But it is as it is, and as it is, I don't give a fuck how City do in the Europa League as long as they're in it. A loss in the final would be delicious though.

Asamoah might need surgery and it will keep him out for 2 months

Evra and Padoin are our only LBs

Goodbye Europe, Scudetto, life and EVERYTHING
Eh it's not so bad since we seem to have effectively switched to a 4 men defensive line. Asamoah is a crap LB anyway, and we have more than enough CMs. We're good. Might be a good incentive to buy an actual, non-geriatric LB in the winter transfer window tho. And on the plus side, that means he'll likely miss the Africa Cup. So in the end it evens out. I still remember how utterly crap he was for a few months after that dreadful cup couple of years ago.

City are a joke how can they only have 2 points?

Zabojnik

Eh it's not so bad since we seem to have effectively switched to a 4 men defensive line. Asamoah is a crap LB anyway, and we have more than enough CMs. We're good. Might be a good incentive to buy an actual, non-geriatric LB in the winter transfer window tho. And on the plus side, that means he'll likely miss the Africa Cup. So in the end it evens out. I still remember how utterly crap he was for a few months after that dreadful cup couple of years ago.

That's actually what made me almost happy when I heard about surgury.

Fuck Africa Cup.

Meier

MANCHESTER CITY 6 - 0 BAYERN MUNICH

If only that could ever transition to our senior players. -____- 4 of the 6 goals in the game were from English kids, so that's kinda cool. Tosin Adarabioyo who scored the first one is probably the biggest talent in City's U-18 group. Been playing with them since he was 14 -- recently turned 17. Manchester kid.

That's actually what made me almost happy when I heard about surgury.

Fuck Africa Cup.
I find it unbelievable that, for all the power big European clubs supposedly hold, they can't get rid of this useless cup nobody cares about, that not only deprives them of key players right in the middle of the season but it's played more often than even the Euro. At least make it an every 4 year event like all other continental cups. They even held two in consecutive years in 2012 and 2013 ffs.

Comprehensive list of world class players in the Premier League:

Man United - 13 - De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao

Man City - 9 - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero

Arsenal - 8 - Szczesny, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez

Chelsea - 7 - Courtois, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa

Liverpool - 6 - Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Tottenham - 4 - Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Lamela

Everton - 1 - Lukaku

Southampton - 1 - Schneiderlin

Sunderland - 1 - Altidore

Might as well extend my expertise to other major clubs as well:

Germany
Bayern Munchen - 14 - Neuer, Boateng, Benatia, Badstuber, Alaba, Lahm, Alonso, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski

Borrusia Dortmund - 8 - Weidenfeller, Hummels, Subotic, Piszczek, Gundogan, Blaszczykowski, Reus, Kagawa

Spain
Real Madrid - 14- Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Khedira, Isco, Rodriguez, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema

Barcelona - 11 - Bravo, Alves, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar, Suarez, Messi

Atletico - 9 -Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Griezmann, Turan, Mandzukic

Italy
Juventus - 11 - Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez

Roma - 7 - Maicon, Castan, Cole, De Rossi, Strootman, Pjanic, Gervinho

Napoli - 4 - Callejon, Higuain, Mertens, Hamsik

AC Milan - 4- Diego Lopez, De Jong, Rami, Menez

Inter Milan - 1 - Handanovic

France
PSG - 9 - Sirigu, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marquinhos, Matuidi, Veratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi

What is this I don't even

Chelsea's entire team is basically world class in their optimal positions. It is why they are so good. Ivanovic is one of the best defenders in the world. For his overall play (defence and going forward) I'd take him in my world back four/five). Cech should be on there and he's their sub keeper. Oscar has been running the show for Chelsea this season.

Dave is up there too.

I would kill for a world class player at West Ham. Most of the players on that list aren't world class (premier league)

Scum

I didn't know you were from Africa. Because that's the only case where I can see someone caring. Like, actually caring.

Born in London. Raised in Accra.

BBBBBLLLLLLAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK SSSSSTTTTTAAAARRRRRSSSSS!!!!! 😃😃😃

KidJr

What is this I don't even

Chelsea's entire team is basically world class in their optimal positions. It is why they are so good. Ivanovic is one of the best defenders in the world. For his overall play (defence and going forward) I'd take him in my world back four/five). Cech should be on there and he's their sub keeper. Oscar has been running the show for Chelsea this season.

Dave is up there too.

I would kill for a world class player at West Ham. Most of the players on that list aren't world class (premier league)

Gary Cahill is not world class, good/solid but not world class nor has Oscar been running the show for Chelsea.

Totti is amazing

Top Bottom