• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Clegg

Rooney was world class maybe three of four years go. Now he just doesn't influence games like he used to. Still a very good player you can accumulate good numbers in goals and assists. Not what he once was however.

Comprehensive list of world class players in the Premier League:

Man United - 13 - De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao

Man City - 9 - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero

Arsenal - 8 - Szczesny, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez

Liverpool - 6 - Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Tottenham - 4 - Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Lamela

Everton - 1 - Lukaku

Southampton - 1 - Schneiderlin

Sunderland - 1 - Altidore

Might as well extend my expertise to other major clubs as well:i

DOqLXrt.gif

Sensational.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Asamoah might need surgery and it will keep him out for 2 months

Evra and Padoin are our only LBs

Goodbye Europe, Scudetto, life and EVERYTHING

Milan had to put up an official statement regarding Barbara Berlusconi and Filippo Inzaghi. Apparently, they're not together.

That's it. I'm done.
Menez. - Milan fans often call him their best attacking player. May be a tad generous, wanted to give some love to one of the world's biggest clubs
Explanations in bold.
Err... I'd say that about El Shaarawy. He's in love with crossbars but at least he tries to do his best every game. Menez? Disappeared the first two games, except for the goal on Sunday.

Agree on De Jong though.
Thanks for the love xoxo

Esch

Banned
I'm surprised Kos is already back. Giroud early too.

People were complaining saying that the new physio had failed given the outbreak of injuries but a lot of our players seem to be rebounding fairly fast. Ozil next please ;_;

Linius

Don't expect us to beat PSG away. But we really should for the scum treatment we're getting from both the city of Paris and PSG. Clubs like PSG should not play in Europe if they don't know how to correctly handle things that come with European games.

Because Sony is broke not because FIFA is fucked up.

Wouldn't be surprised if Visa and Coke pulled out as well. These are American based companies that has a lot more to lose in the PR front than say, oh I don't know, Emirates Airlines.

I'm holding out hope that Adidas will do the right thing and pull out as well. The thought that Nike would go steal FIFA from under them is darkly humorous given Nike's record exploiting cheap labor from the third world.

Blablurn

Don't expect us to beat PSG away. But we really should for the scum treatment we're getting from both the city of Paris and PSG. Clubs like PSG should not play in Europe if they don't know how to correctly handle things that come with European games.

What happened?

arkon

Get the awful feeling that Gaal doesn't rate Herrera at all.

Why would he rush him back against West Brom if he didn't? Seems like the same kind of talk about him not rating Luke Shaw earlier in the season.

Didn't he sign off on the transfer?

Linius

What happened?

Firstly they gave us 850 tickets, not honoring the 5% rule. Which would be about 2375 tickets.

And then the city of Paris decided to come up with the idea that every Ajax supporter wanting to enter the city needs to get past some sort of border control in order to get a yellow wristband.

HL59ohR.jpgp

QR2Kieh.jpg

Of course you get some idiot hooligans who also came to the city now carying around iron bars and ski masks hoping to fight some Paris hooligans. It's a sad situation all together.

faridmon

So what is the big game to watch tonight?

I am talking about which game is balanced on a thread and will turn out into a killer game.

pls, don't say Man City v Bayern.

Blablurn

Firstly they gave us 850 tickets, not honoring the 5% rule. Which would be about 2375 tickets.

And then the city of Paris decided to come up with the idea that every Ajax supporter wanting to enter the city needs to get past some sort of border control in order to get a yellow wristband.

HL59ohR.jpgp

QR2Kieh.jpg

Of course you get some idiot hooligans who also came to the city now carying around iron bars and ski masks hoping to fight some Paris hooligans. It's a sad situation all together.

Holy shit. That's ridiculous.

Clegg

Why would he rush him back against West Brom if he didn't? Seems like the same kind of talk about him not rating Luke Shaw earlier in the season.

Didn't he sign off on the transfer?

Hasn't started a game since that one. I'm not basing this off anything other than Gaal being known for freezing out players he doesn't rate.

It was always going to come to this.

Gaal is a knob. He upsets people everywhere he goes.

And now he's upset me.

And I'm not gonna forgive him ever.

Should have gone for Pep Guardiola
fenrJmj.png

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe Herrera isn't completely fit yet, or playing in the reserves is to give him some semi competitive action because he hasn't played for a game or two

Everyone said he hated Shaw and Rafael early doors. Now he LOVES them. Faith in Gaaleezus

Esch

Banned
So what is the big game to watch tonight?

I am talking about which game is balanced on a thread and will turn out into a killer game.

pls, don't say Man City v Bayern.

PSG Ajax, Bayern is going to punch Man City right in the uterus

Schalke Chelsea might be alright as well i suppose

Maybe Herrera isn't completely fit yet, or playing in the reserves is to give him some semi competitive action because he hasn't played for a game or two

Everyone said he hated Shaw and Rafael early doors. Now he LOVES them. Faith in Gaaleezus

He fell in love with them after he saw them play.

He saw Herrera play and now he hates them.

How can he hate a man who wears Predators :(

inky

Well... he was in a position in which he was pretty much required to play them when he found out.

But of course we don't know what goes on in training, so this is all baseless speculation
the best kind

Comprehensive list of world class players in the Premier League:

Man United - 13 - De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao

Man City - 9 - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero

Arsenal - 8 - Szczesny, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez

Chelsea - 7 - Courtois, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa

Liverpool - 6 - Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Tottenham - 4 - Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Lamela

Everton - 1 - Lukaku

Southampton - 1 - Schneiderlin

Sunderland - 1 - Altidore

Might as well extend my expertise to other major clubs as well:

Germany
Bayern Munchen - 14 - Neuer, Boateng, Benatia, Badstuber, Alaba, Lahm, Alonso, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski

Borrusia Dortmund - 8 - Weidenfeller, Hummels, Subotic, Piszczek, Gundogan, Blaszczykowski, Reus, Kagawa

Spain
Real Madrid - 14- Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Khedira, Isco, Rodriguez, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema

Barcelona - 11 - Bravo, Alves, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar, Suarez, Messi

Atletico - 9 -Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Griezmann, Turan, Mandzukic

Italy
Juventus - 11 - Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez

Roma - 7 - Maicon, Castan, Cole, De Rossi, Strootman, Pjanic, Gervinho

Napoli - 4 - Callejon, Higuain, Mertens, Hamsik

AC Milan - 4- Diego Lopez, De Jong, Rami, Menez

Inter Milan - 1 - Handanovic

France
PSG - 9 - Sirigu, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marquinhos, Matuidi, Veratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi

Poor Carrick

You fucking plebs man. The u21 team is better than the first team. Januzaj, Ander, and Wilson will play. The only one missing is De Gea. Fuck those first team cunts.

Top Bottom