• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Wilbur

Banned
Would you have suggested any of the first three 6 months ago?

Alderweireld yes, because he's a known quantity who was too good to be sitting on Atletico's bench.

The other two, no. But then it's not my job to scout players - if a team like Southampton are able to do such a good job resourcing players, why are Liverpool doing such a poor one?

3Sixty

On Alderweireld i was stunned we got him.

He is legit quality.

No chance we can get him permanently if we finish outside top 4.

Go_Ly_Dow

MammothNauticalKouprey.gif

lawd jesus christ is that Nani?

RiggyRob

Wait a sec. Even if City get a draw, won't they need to score 3+ because of the goal difference?

Yes M_Night. He's ALIVE!

They mentioned that City would need to win by 3 in Rome and went on to say that Bayern scored 7 in Rome.

As if Bayern and City are anywhere near close, look at this game!

Marc

Dowie: 'What was wrong with Liverpool at the end of the season? Not much. They lose Suarez, instead of replacing them with these players, buy a marquee centreforward, a marquee midfielder and a marquee centreback.'

Name these realistic marquee targets, you ugly fuck. Any cunt can sit in a studio saying we should have replaced a world class player with world class players, none of these twats has the nous to actually suggets any names past Sanchez though.

Fuck off. We were casting our rod in the right pond, we just caught the wrong fish.

Sanchez was the key, should have been made a condition of the Barca deal. Get him in your window and you can suddenly attract a few key players. Would have tried harder for Shaqiri, gone for Moutinho, Garay and a few youth prospects. Remember that you had Bertrand on your want list, nice and cheap. Good squad player even if he wasn't quite ready.

I think there was a higher quality of player out there for the same money for sure.

Dowie is a mong and doubt he could name anyone but I am sure you could yourself.

Bumhead

Banned
"City's problem is they've been drawn against German teams 3 times. Spanish teams twice, Italian teams twice.."

Fucking hell shall we just hand pick them a group of Belarus second division sides?

3Sixty

"City's problem is they've been drawn against German teams 3 times. Spanish teams twice, Italian teams twice.."

Fucking hell shall we just hand pick them a group of Belarus second division sides?

Poor City on their shoesting budget, how can they compete with these teams.

Top Bottom