• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

dc89

City fans trying to defend this performance on Twitter. I can't.
Like Claude said - you can't defend the indefensible.

Marc

C'mon Nasri, get up you tart.

Agree completely about Sanchez. With Suarez's release clause though, the ball was always in Barca and Sanchez's court, we couldn't insist that he be made part of it :(

We should have gone for Griezmann afterward. Garay was a massive oversight on the part of every semi-decent team looking for a centreback. Think he's better than Mangala, clearly better than Lovren, and Man Utd would be twice as good at centreback if they has him. Now though we're seeing first hand what a fallacy 'Premier League-proven' can be with our signings from Southampton.

Markovic and Balotelli, I can't defend at all. Didn't like them at the time, like them even less now. Summer was not the time to piss about spending £20m on prospects from the Portuguese league in the hope that they'll be good enough in 2017, and it may well have cost us the chance to go for someone better than Balotelli, depending how much FSG were willing to spend past the Suarez money. Wish Borini had left for the same reason.

Balotelli is just a horrendous lone striker, and a fucking idiotic purchase considering Sturridge's injury record, and the fact that we therefore knew that we'd probably be playing one up front more often than we'd like.

He had a release clause for the Arsenal deal, meant sod all in the end. Play tough and make demands, Saints did it and milked everyone.

I didn't see why Lovren was worth that price based on last season, nothing to say he was worth that much. Better off getting a Shawcross to come in on the cheap and hopefully do a Cahill and rise to the challenge a bit.

Markovic has time on his side, problem is the team doesn't, you needed ready made players. Only saw him in Europa and looked good but its Europa, HurriKane is a world beater. Balotelli I thought was a good signing at the time just because of the crazy prices strikers were going for. Not worth a penny so far.

What I don't get about Balotelli is he keeps saying he isn't an out and out striker and plays like he doesn't want to be there. But he is selfish as fuck, doesn't pass well, doesn't drop in and around... he isn't a 10. Doesn't want to be a 9 and run in behind... what is he? I don't think he understands what his role is and what he should be doing. He runs yeah but he doesn't do curved runs or lean in on defenders to take them out of the game. Just very little in the way a striker can contribute without scoring.

Looking at Rodgers hit rate seems to consist of that Jan window when you still had a football director IIRC. Very poor, I like Rodgers and would still take him for England cos yeah... fuck life and fuck woy. But man oh man, his signings are so bad and the sheer cost as well.

Bungie, you'll like this. Apparently your fav feature in FC3, comms towers, is unlockable in The Crew.

Ubi, pls.

I actually do like this because The Crew is awful and I was never going to buy it anyway, so it just hammers home how bereft of ideas Ubisoft are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndkFvXu1pCE

I'm fucking dying at the way he walks away at the end

Boro
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

LOL

C'mon Nasri, get up you tart.

He had a release clause for the Arsenal deal, meant sod all in the end. Play tough and make demands, Saints did it and milked everyone.

I didn't see why Lovren was worth that price based on last season, nothing to say he was worth that much. Better off getting a Shawcross to come in on the cheap and hopefully do a Cahill and rise to the challenge a bit.

Markovic has time on his side, problem is the team doesn't, you needed ready made players. Only saw him in Europa and looked good but its Europa, HurriKane is a world beater. Balotelli I thought was a good signing at the time just because of the crazy prices strikers were going for. Not worth a penny so far.

What I don't get about Balotelli is he keeps saying he isn't an out and out striker and plays like he doesn't want to be there. But he is selfish as fuck, doesn't pass well, doesn't drop in and around... he isn't a 10. Doesn't want to be a 9 and run in behind... what is he? I don't think he understands what his role is and what he should be doing. He runs yeah but he doesn't do curved runs or lean in on defenders to take them out of the game. Just very little in the way a striker can contribute without scoring.

Looking at Rodgers hit rate seems to consist of that Jan window when you still had a football director IIRC. Very poor, I like Rodgers and would still take him for England cos yeah... fuck life and fuck woy. But man oh man, his signings are so bad and the sheer cost as well.

His release clause would have been watertight after our antics in preventing him joining Arsenal. And with so much of the window left and Barca's legal machine, they'd have taken us to the cleaners if we tried pulling the same stunt with them as we did with Arsenal.

Ignoring a release clause is very much a one-time trick :p

Balotelli doesn't know shit about how to play as a proper striker. How he managed a 1 in 2 record for Milan is beyond me

K1LLER7

actually, it's just... good. nothing sensational about it.

i have no idea how to make a gif of something on the tele, bruv. please forgive me.
So its not as good as Gibbs' goal innit :p

No worries m8. Will watch the goals highlights l8r.

Marc

How does he make it look so easy against Neuer of all people.

Fantastic striker.

Still time for City to lose 2-5.

Top Bottom