• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Horseress

90% Passes Completed
3 Chances Created
2 Assists
7 Ball Recoveries
2 Take-Ons
2 Tackles
1 Clearance

Iz1IPXl.jpg

GOAT

Also, Zlatan nominating his dream team

da gawd

Dark Rider

we don't really need to win we only need 1 point from the next 2 matches to secure top of the group

I say we field our toddlers and call it a night

jts

...hate me...
Enoch Adu. Malmö midfielder, will play Juve, have played all 360 minutes so far. Points 2 3 2 3

Fuka Arthur Masuaku. Olympiacos defender, will play Atlético, have played all 360 minutes so far. Points 8 1 5 2

Should I sub any of these in for:

Bernat (1pt)
Brahimi (3pt)

YOU DECIDE
No input?

You guys still mad that I'm #1
iihWQLLqnH60r.png

Wooden suddenly quibbles with narcissism in football.

Certainly not. That video just doesn't seem genuine, rather than some cheap pr, just like his horrible twitter account and #daretozlatan shit that was so obviously some Nike employee playing up his personality. It's boring and stupid. Now true narcissists, like the kind you find in Serie A and thinks they are Gods gift to the world for no good reason, that is great because they are actually crazy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zlatan is football's equivalent of Karl Pilkington and doicare

WE turned them into a character

WE DID THIS

Dortmund held their training session in Regent's Park? :lol

I am getting abuse on Twitter cos I was mean to RVP. Some people are so sensitive.

Horseress

Certainly not. That video just doesn't seem genuine, rather than some cheap pr, just like his horrible twitter account and #daretozlatan shit that was so obviously some Nike employee playing up his personality. It's boring and stupid. Now true narcissists, like the kind you find in Serie A and thinks they are Gods gift to the world for no good reason, that is great because they are actually crazy.

I agree the video seems "forced", but I do think he's that kind of "crazy" narcisist you talk, I mean

zlatan-ibrahimovic-and-rubin-okotie.gif

you can't touch the fucking guy, he's nuts

List of massive clubs:

England - Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea
France- PSG
Spain - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico
Italy - Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Roma (edited)
Germany- Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Hamburg

If Man City are considered a massive club, then so should Villa really. At least they have a history

Blablurn

One year ago we were leading 2:1 in Manchester and City won 3:2 :lol

Also back then we said "Maybe that was a good defeat".

So strange. Please no more games against City pls.

Clegg

Looked at highlights of Herrera's performance against Blackburn's U21's last night. It's obviously a much lower level of football but some things stuck out for me. He's a lovely passer of the ball. Moves it quickly and always looks for the attacking pass. Likes getting forward a lot and contributes more than any other cm I've seen at United in quite a while. But he loses possession quite a bit whether by going for the 50/50 pass that isn't on or by a sloppy first touch which he sometimes has. If LvG has any doubts about him then its probably that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ander's problem is that he's not 'exceptional' at anything

They celebrate his type in Bayern Monaco

Godan

If Man City are considered a massive club, then so should Villa really. At least they have a history

Yeah Man City have only been around at the top for what 5 - 6 years. Guess you could say the same with Chelsea too they didnt do much till Abramovich came in 10 years ago was it with all the moniez and decide to start playing ultimate team.

Do you guys really think Sturridge moving to us was a backwards step for his career?

He's a (probable) starter for the national team now, and is ten times the player he was when he left. Chelsea could win the quadruple 5 years in a row, and I don't think he'd regret leaving at all.

He needed to take a backward step for his own good, even if he probably went over the top with those annoying quotes our players have to make to appease the fanatics.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you guys really think Sturridge moving to us was a backwards step for his career?

He's a (probable) starter for the national team now, and is ten times the player he was when he left. Chelsea could win the quadruple 5 years in a row, and I don't think he'd regret leaving at all.

He needed to take a backward step for his own good, even if he probably went over the top with those annoying quotes our players have to make to appease the fanatics.

I don't think that's what anyone was saying. I think it was just Sturridge's spiel when he moved to Liverpool; presumably something about moving to a massive club or what have you.

As I was writing that post I knew Hitch would come back with something like that.

I don't think that's what anyone was saying. I think it was just Sturridge's spiel when he moved to Liverpool; presumably something about moving to a massive club or what have you.

Please, they aren't some poxy run of the mill standard fare massive club.

They're a HUMONGOUS club.

L1NETT

Notts Forest too then

they have won more european cups than three of those "big clubs" combined

Big club is such a wum term. But when you make lists worthy of the sportbible or the lads#banter kinda woot happens.

I think it should be defined on who has the best pies. Therefore Walsall are the biggest club in the country.

Let's be honest here, we've had to lean pretty heavily on our history to keep new fans coming in over the last 15+ years. Go on about it enough, and it fries the brains of the old guard as well.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Sol Campbell has just been on the daily politics joining people like Myleene Klass in being against the Mansion Tax.

He's moaning that he's been targeted for having 'done well' and 'investing' in a property portfolio. The Welsh Labour MP on the show pointed out he's currently selling a £25m flat in Chelsea, has expensive properties in Northumberland and elsewhere, and he's letting a flat for something like £75,000 a month.

If you're earning from properties worth over £2m, and you got to such an amazing life by taking ticket money and telly money while you kicked a bit of leather around a field, and you want to use that accumulated wealth to buy more property and wealth - you can pay more tax you cunt. He's moaning that Amazon and Google should pay their way. Uhhh.. YES. And so should you.

Just read this about him too:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/10/sol-campbell-conservative-party-conversation

The former England defender Sol Campbell is considering joining the Conservative Party and believes he can have a major influence in securing “the black vote”

I knew there was a reason I didn't like him (other than being a former spud / gooner judas type dude)

Sol Campbell has just been on the daily politics joining people like Myleene Klass in being against the Mansion Tax.

He's moaning that he's been targeted for having 'done well' and 'investing' in a property portfolio. The Welsh Labour MP on the show pointed out he's currently selling a £25m flat in Chelsea, has expensive properties in Northumberland and elsewhere, and he's letting a flat for something like £75,000 a month.

If you're earning from properties worth over £2m, and you got to such an amazing life by taking ticket money and telly money while you kicked a bit of leather around a field, and you want to use that accumulated wealth to buy more property and wealth - you can pay more tax you cunt. He's moaning that Amazon and Google should pay their way. Uhhh.. YES. And so should you.

Just read this about him too:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/10/sol-campbell-conservative-party-conversation

I knew there was a reason I didn't like him (other than being a former spud / gooner judas type dude)

Guy's a twat

Tried taking Portsmouth to the cleaners over unpaid image rights when they were spiralling into absolvency. On the one hand, it was money that was owed to him. On the other, it was a drop in the ocean for him

Let's be honest here, we've had to lean pretty heavily on our history to keep new fans coming in over the last 15+ years. Go on about it enough, and it fries the brains of the old guard as well.
Yeah, history is overrated m8

What I do care that Fanny Higginsbottom won for Chelsea 50+ years ago

Top Bottom