• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Woah, Van Nistelrooy scored 56 in 73 in the Champions League, in a time where a striker could be world class with a 1 in 2 record. Incredible.

@Liverpool fans, would you take a draw tonight and just hope that Madrid win both their remaining games, and we beat Basel in the final game? I'm inclined to say yes.

Carbonox

Fucking hell

that Jurassic World trailer was awesome

'spect

It looks better than JP3 by a country mile so I'll definitely see it. I think it will be a fun film and the "omg cgi is bad" brigade are fucking idiots. Same shit happens every time with the first trailer for a CGI-heavy film that is nowhere near finished. By the time we get another trailer there will probably be a notable difference between the CGI quality.

I get the concerns about the genetically engineered dino and the tamed Raptors but the former is not out of place in the JP universe given genetic engineering is a major part of the series and we gotta have that "humans are cunts" angle showing them go a step too far with it. The tamed Raptors is minor as fuck. I quite like that angle actually. Will probably backfire (using tamed lions and and the instability of their relationship with their 'masters' as an example, not to mention our ability to train birds and the likes) cos this is JP YO. You better believe I'd buy a Raptor and raise the cunt in to my bodyguard. It will be a real Costner/Houston moment before I actually knock over his coffee and he stabs me in the back.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's not really a remake, is it? And I've enjoyed every high profile Jurassic Park sequel so far (so only JP# 2 really :p)

It will be stupid fun

It's not really a remake, is it? And I've enjoyed every high profile Jurassic Park sequel so far (so only JR# 2 really :p)

It will be stupid fun

I'll be honest

I really liked JP2 when I was young. JP3 was mediocre.
I've never watched JP1 all the way through

Carbonox

I loved JP2 as well. Don't understand the hate for it (barring the shitty kid). The final act in San Diego was fun to watch with the T.Rex wrecking shit. I want to see them take that even further and have Dino's rampaging in human environments.

I loved JP2 as well. Don't understand the hate for it (barring the shitty kid). The final act in San Diego was fun to watch with the T.Rex wrecking shit. I want to see them take that even further and have Dino's rampaging in human environments.

Pacific Rim/Godzilla/Cloverfield crossover. That'd save the franchise.

Bold One

thing is though, T-Rex aren't that big...

But I do rate Cloverfield very highly

How reliable is Nvidia GeForce's Optimisation stuff? Giving me a solid 56fps on Dragon Age with most settings on high and 1 or 2 on medium, wondering if there are any settings that I can increase with a minimal performance hit. I'd do it myself, but it takes an age to change settings, quit the game, restart, benchmark, change settings etc.

Also, the benchmark scene has horrendous texture-streaming issues at the beginning no matter what as far as I can tell. And a severe case of floating detritus. Oh, Bioware.

Phlebas

Banned
How reliable is Nvidia GeForce's Optimisation stuff? Giving me a solid 56fps on Dragon Age with most settings on high and 1 or 2 on medium, wondering if there are any settings that I can increase with a minimal performance hit. I'd do it myself, but it takes an age to change settings, quit the game, restart, benchmark, change settings etc.

Also, the benchmark scene has horrendous texture-streaming issues at the beginning no matter what as far as I can tell. And a severe case of floating detritus. Oh, Bioware.

What card m8

It's happened again. It will keep happening.

B3Wxz1pCEAEs7mE.png

Could you post a screenshot of the settings?

well what kinda tie and shoes were you wearing

if it ain't sanctioned by OddMorsel and Vivahallah then there you go

Yurt pls.

I am Italian, style is written in to our DNA. What we wear is what everyone else starts wearing twenty years later

Double monks or drivers, and cashmere ties.
The problem is that is all I am wearing :p

Fabregas was godlike last night. He played some beautiful one touch football in the first half with Hazard, Oscar and Willian. In the second he was sitting back and spraying balls over the top to Costa/Drogba. Schalke couldn't handle him. I'm not sure if that own goal will go down as his assist. It should do though.

Blablurn

Ribery gave an interesting interview to SportBILD:

In 2009 Juventus, Inter Mailand, Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona wanted to buy him.

Chelsea and Madrid offered 80m €.

Jack cw

Ribery gave an interesting interview to SportBILD:

In 2009 Juventus, Inter Mailand, Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona wanted to buy him.

Chelsea and Madrid offered 80m €.

More funny is, that Hoeness and Rummenigge said to him, that Barca has Messi, Real Ronaldo and Bayern him. But let's be honest. The whole hooker affair and the French revolution in South Africa killed any confidence from interested clubs and he didn't play that well either. In the end, Bayern was very lucky that some circumstances played in their favor.

But never forget how Hoeness owned Perez when he told him that if Ronaldo is worth 90 million, than Ribery's left foot alone is worth 80 million. The moment when Bayern became that massive club. Something Watzke and Dortmund could never do.

Blablurn

More funny is, that Hoeness and Rummenigge said to him, that Barca has Messi, Real Ronaldo and Bayern him. But let's be honest. The whole hooker affair and the French revolution in South Africa killed any confidence from interested clubs and he didn't play that well either. In the end, Bayern was very lucky that some circumstances played in their favor.

But never forget how Hoeness owned Perez when he told him that if Ronaldo is worth 90 million, than Ribery's left foot alone is worth 80 million. The moment when Bayern became that massive club. Something Watzke and Dortmund could never do.

:lol

I love how you always go back to mock Dortmund.

Anyway, it's good to see Ribery and Robben playing together lately.

We told you to fuck off as well. And did so to many other clubs.

I'm sorry that our players don't fuck underage whores m8

Or at least, they're better at keeping it secret
SIzwYkR.png

Only just saw the highlights from the other games now... What was Benatia thinking lol, dude is 27 year old and shouldn't be making that kind of dumb decisions. Would be nice if City made it through, so they would still use their first team squad in Europe too.

Also that was a disgraceful tackle from van der Wiel on Boilsesen. Feel bad for him, now seems to be out injured again for a long time.

qindarka

Banned
List of massive clubs:

England - Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea
France- PSG
Spain - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico
Italy - Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Roma (edited)
Germany- Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Hamburg

Size of club is something clubs, that mostly clubs now stuck in mediocrity, use to remind themselves they were once a big club on the results front too (see Liverpool, Arsenal) as well as the support.

Players use it as well to make themselves feel better about backward steps they take in their careers.

1l60FCa.png

List of massive clubs:

England - Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea
France- PSG
Spain - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico
Italy - Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan
Germany- Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Hamburg

I like how you listed the nations in order of massiveness as well as the clubs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
QPR ready to redeem Isla

Gianluca Di Marzio’s website states that QPR are ready to pay an agreed €11m to seal Isla’s permanent transfer in January, something which Juventus would be open to as they pursue their own transfer targets.

redeem :lol what an oxymoron

jts

...hate me...
Enoch Adu. Malmö midfielder, will play Juve, have played all 360 minutes so far. Points 2 3 2 3

Fuka Arthur Masuaku. Olympiacos defender, will play Atlético, have played all 360 minutes so far. Points 8 1 5 2

Should I sub any of these in for:

Bernat (1pt)
Brahimi (3pt)

YOU DECIDE

Top Bottom