• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Big Trouble in Little China is probably one of the greatest movies ever made.

ibUtwgLymAZ7Y.gif

But what about Pique and Varane? Seriously though, how can you have 3 Real Madrid cbs? It means one of them has to be on the bench. These awards are based on popularity.

Pique is on that list too.

Christ.

Remember last year's list? When a grand total of 3 Bayern/Dortmund players made the list even though they were CL finalists?

Award is a joke. Best 11 this year should be something like this.

Neuer - Felipe Luis/Boateng/Godin/Lahm - Modric/Yaya/Kroos - Robben/Messi/Ronaldo

EDIT: Can swap Yaya/Kroos with Di Maria. Won't hear complaints from me.

Looked at highlights of Herrera's performance against Blackburn's U21's last night. It's obviously a much lower level of football but some things stuck out for me. He's a lovely passer of the ball. Moves it quickly and always looks for the attacking pass. Likes getting forward a lot and contributes more than any other cm I've seen at United in quite a while. But he loses possession quite a bit whether by going for the 50/50 pass that isn't on or by a sloppy first touch which he sometimes has. If LvG has any doubts about him then its probably that.

Does he lose the ball more or less often than Rooney or Fellani?

I want to see him play at home for the next two games now

Dammit, I want to play Far Cry 4 tonight, but the lure of more Lolerpool is virtually irresistible. We're nearing peak Lolerpool, which is where the magic happens.

Jarnet87

Evans played 65 minutes in the reserve match. I give him until January before picking up another injury that sidelines him for at least a month.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Btw we aint winning tonight

1-1 or an agonizing 2-2

And it's okay we'll just blame the pitch, again

And Atletico for losing to Olympiacos, again.

Zabo will rightfully complain about the 352 ruining our first few games

Juve is the flatest circle there is

Arnie

Determined to enjoy tonight.

It's the second to last time I'll see my team in the Champions League in a long time, and potentially the second to last time there under Brendan.

No matter how turgid the football or how unknown the opposition, we played interdimensional football last season and this is the reward.

I just wish the reward was a wormhole to travel back to last summer so we can do it all again.

Scum

It's the second to last time I'll see my team in the Champions League in a long time, and potentially the second to last time there under Brendan.

No matter how turgid the football or how unknown the opposition, we played interdimensional football last season and this is the reward.

I just wish the reward was a wormhole to travel back to last summer so we can do it all again.

If Can & Toure are not in the starting lineup, then Brendan deserves terrible things to happen to him.

Annoys me a bit that Sturridge did so much to get is into it, and doesn't get to play a single game

In theory, we can go through even if we lose tonight, which is ridiculous.

-------------------------Mignolet------------------------

Manquillo---------Skrtel---Lovren--------Johnson

--------------------Gerrard-------------------------------
-------------------------------Allen------------------------

---------------------------Lallana-------------------------
--------Sterling----------------------------Coutinho---

---------------------------Lambert-----------------------

That'll be the team again, even though it's the same 11 who were an embarassment at Palace. We'll be lucky to get a draw. 3rd would be a relief, since the slight possibility of winning the EL is the only way we're coming close to being in next year's CL

3Sixty

Annoys me a bit that Sturridge did so much to get is into it, and doesn't get to play a single game

In theory, we can go through even if we lose tonight, which is ridiculous.

-------------------------Mignolet------------------------

Manquillo---------Skrtel---Lovren--------Johnson

--------------------Gerrard-------------------------------
-------------------------------Allen------------------------

---------------------------Lallana-------------------------
--------Sterling----------------------------Coutinho---

---------------------------Lambert-----------------------

That'll be the team again, even though it's the same 11 who were an embarassment at Palace. We'll be lucky to get a draw. 3rd would be a relief, since the slight possibility of winning the EL is the only way we're coming close to being in next year's CL

Hitch pls

You are playing the worst side in Europe.

You'll win at a canter.

arkon

They're really not

Only realised earlier that Sporting have to beat Schalke away to progress. That is a real kick in the bollocks after the way they lost the home tie

They've already played them twice. They lost the away game in controversial circumstances but won the home game vs Schalke. I think they're through if they don't lose to Chelsea in the final game.

I never said he was good. I just want maximum comedy factor!

He doesn't even provide lols, which is the least you'd expect for £20m. He's just kind of there. Giving his fullback a short pass in space which the fullback could easily occupy himself.

I thought he'd be fearless from his first interview, but it seems like rather than playing with no fear, he just doesn't have any desire to impress.

edit: @above, ah, must have, misheard Sky's fixture rundown

Wilbur

Banned
Just saw the imitation game.

Decent. It's best when it's acting as political/wartime thriller, worst when it remembers Turing was homosexual and crowbars references into the film (and even worse when the ending hinges on that very aspect of him, but handles it with the delicacy of Altidore in the box).

Good acting though. Mark Strong is GOAT. Benedict was good but it was kind of a slightly more skittish Sherlock. Matthew Goode comes to my Nando's a lot.

He doesn't even provide lols, which is the least you'd expect for £20m. He's just kind of there. Giving his fullback a short pass in space which the fullback could easily occupy himself.

I thought he'd be fearless from his first interview, but it seems like rather than playing with no fear, he just doesn't have any desire to impress.

edit: @above, ah, must have, misheard Sky's fixture rundown

Why Liverpool paid that kind of money for someone that started a big part of Benfica's matches from the bench and had a big list of injuries in the past 2 years is something that I'll never understand.

Zabojnik

Btw we aint winning tonight

1-1 or an agonizing 2-2

And it's okay we'll just blame the pitch, again

And Atletico for losing to Olympiacos, again.

Zabo will rightfully complain about the 352 ruining our first few games

Juve is the flatest circle there is

EL isn't that bad, honestly. And we could have Juve - Inter there. Yeah, not that bad at all.

Matthew Goode comes to my Nando's a lot.

Any other celebrites? Other than that youth player I still prank call from time to time.

Abraxas

Arse gonna get beat by a bottom half team tonight, again.

At least Sanogo might start, can't help but enjoy any game where I get to watch hum flail about.

A lot of people eulogised about Liverpool's football last season but I have found them far more entertaining to watch this year.

Shagwell

If Can & Toure are not in the starting lineup, then Brendan deserves terrible things to happen to him.

The ECHO (practically always reliable) is reporting that Toure and Lucas definitely will be at least. Would like to see Can as well.

Not that I think any of it matters. Don't see us getting a win.

TBH that seems like a shittier situation. At least against Schalke you're in control of your destiny.
Not a perfect situation but still doable. Mourinho will probably rest some key players against us, Maribor and Schalke will have a tough match as both teams need a win. Given that we were last two games ago with only 1 point , things are miles better now.

Top Bottom