• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

scently

Looked at highlights of Herrera's performance against Blackburn's U21's last night. It's obviously a much lower level of football but some things stuck out for me. He's a lovely passer of the ball. Moves it quickly and always looks for the attacking pass. Likes getting forward a lot and contributes more than any other cm I've seen at United in quite a while. But he loses possession quite a bit whether by going for the 50/50 pass that isn't on or by a sloppy first touch which he sometimes has. If LvG has any doubts about him then its probably that.

Can you provide a link to the highlight? Also, most of our midfielders lose possession sometimes so I doubt that is the issue here.

Wilbur

Banned
It'll all be fine because Carrick and Blind's passes have no ambition and Herrera and Di Maria's have too much.

Fellaini is the one who will bring balance to the force. His midichlorian level is outrageous.

-------------

On the last chapter of A Clash Of Kings now. Took me a while to get there, the first half was really quite slow, didn't like any of the stuff happening with Stannis, Jon or Daenerys. Really kicked into gear though.

Especially Dany. Dat House of the Undying.

Blablurn

B3X58C3CMAI0uxL.jpg:large

lol

tumblr_m19rwxbdba1qdtr78o2_r7_500.gif

tumblr_m19rwxbdba1qdtr78o3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m19rwxbdba1qdtr78o4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m19rwxbdba1qdtr78o5_r5_500.gif

He was amazing as the young King Baldwin IV.

When talking about the Crusades, it's strange that the film did not show what he was so famous for, but the nobility of his character was exceptionally handled. I think Kingdom of Heaven (DC) was a really great movie that painted Crusaders as fanatics, and many of them with less just cause over Jerusalem.

Norton handles the character well, while appealing to emotions without showing face. You can hint his illness from the marks on his eyes and his voice, and he steals every scene he is in.
In history he is often painted as a gifted person who while pious was also said to have been cursed by god, but also considered one of the few exemplary leaders, which are difficult to find in any side during the Crusades. In the two hundred years the sieges went on, was there anyone besides Richard Lionheart which had such a series of Military Victories?

( http://www.badassoftheweek.com/baldwin.html )

This was an incredible movie, need to revisit it.

Hixx

Yeah if you're going to post something that big please just link a .webm of it. I have a pretty decent PC and that gif is making this page a pain to read.

Hixx

I bought that Telltale Borderlands game today.

Borderlands 2 bored the shit out of me but Telltale's last three games have been pretty great so I'm hoping this was a few quid well spent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That was a slow two weeks, at least I was banned during an international break. Gaming side is a warzone these days.

Harry Kane still doing the business.

I bought that Telltale Borderlands game today.

Borderlands 2 bored the shit out of me but Telltale's last three games have been pretty great so I'm hoping this was a few quid well spent.

Im tempted by Game of Thrones when it releases, might wait for a sale though. Not forgiven them for the fucking terrible Jurassic Park game they made.

faridmon

Do you guys really think Sturridge moving to us was a backwards step for his career?

He's a (probable) starter for the national team now, and is ten times the player he was when he left. Chelsea could win the quadruple 5 years in a row, and I don't think he'd regret leaving at all.

He needed to take a backward step for his own good, even if he probably went over the top with those annoying quotes our players have to make to appease the fanatics.

Backward step? no, in fact its a forward step. Out of those teams in top half, only Liverpool would have given him the confidence to play how he sees fit. He was shit at Chelsea and for a good reason, he was never the target man. He was OK at Bolton where was shown confidence, but I doubt Bolton would have been preferable instead of Liverpool.

To be honest, I'm really happy with how LVG has managed us this season. The number of injured players we have is alarming, but a lot of our players, Fellaini and Rafael for instance, has played like I first expected them to.

Well except RVP. He's shit.

You know what suck? I have so little confidence in Evans and Jones that I'm feeling meh if they'll ever recover.

Pennywise

Im tempted by Game of Thrones when it releases, might wait for a sale though. Not forgiven them for the fucking terrible Jurassic Park game they made.

I trust them with that game.
They should step up their game though, finally deliever a decent technical experience...or maybe delievering more routes as consequences.

http://i.imgur.com/2jKVZNW.jpg

The shortlist for Fifpro's best defenders is out.

I'm pleased. All but two of them were in my list.

Dani Alves is a joke, it should be Piszcek in that list.

Top Bottom