• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Zabojnik

I think having Nedved on our side is helping quite a bit with keeping Raiola's cuntish side, his only side, away from Juve. At least temporarily.

I told Ramos at the time that if he has something to say to me then he should pick up the phone and call and not send messages via the media.

Yes, I felt offended, and told Sergio how I felt. We eventually spoke on the phone and all is fine. It really irked me that my level of commitment was doubted. I’ve played many times and been involved in call-ups without playing.

I’ve played 94 games for Spain over the past nine years and have always shown up… always and always in good faith.
BL0m0Nf.png

Meier

lol. Only the English media is hyping Aguero like this. He's not Messi/Ronaldo.

He's not even on Robben/Zlatan/Suarez level.

When healthy the past two seasons, Aguero has been a step above Zlatan and on par or better than Suarez. His goals per minute ratio is astounding. He's definitely not quite at Ronaldo and Messi's level, but he's been as good or better than any other pure striker in the world this season.

Wilbur

Banned
When healthy the past two seasons, Aguero has been a step above Zlatan and on par or better than Suarez. His goals per minute ratio is astounding. He's definitely not quite at Ronaldo and Messi's level, but he's been as good or better than any other pure striker in the world this season.

The other two aren't really pure strikers though, are they? Especially Suarez. They're both more talented than him, if not especially better goal scorers (is the point I was making)

Aguero reminds me more of van Nistelrooy if anything.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zlatan level :lol

Give me Aguero any day of the week. He did more in 10 mins than that cunt ever did there.

I'd definitely take Aguero and Suarez over Zlatan. Other than Sweden vs. Portugal in WC Qualifying (and they still lost) I can't recall a time when Zlatan dragged his team to victory singlehandedly. Aguero is doing that on a daily basis this season and Suarez was last season.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd definitely take Aguero and Suarez over Zlatan. Other than Sweden vs. Portugal in WC Qualifying (and they still lost) I can't recall a time when Zlatan dragged his team to victory singlehandedly. Aguero is doing that on a daily basis this season and Suarez was last season.

This is true.

I wasn't putting him down per se, just that he strikes me as more a pure goalscorer than something other than that.

How much of it is because he's coming on as a substitute, fresh off an injury?

Suarez was the best player in the Premier League last year. Same with Gareth Bale the year before. Because they're not just pure strikers. You can build an attack through him and him alone. Aguero is often lost without the plethora of creative players around him.

See his record with Argentina. There's a reason why Ezequiel Lavezzi consistently out performs him in the NT. Because he's a far more versatile player.

Pennywise

Penny pls. Unlike you, we'd like to continue to play in CL, shit as we are in it.
Take him, he will at least shut up unlike that Shaquiri cunt.

Wait, Miki is shit with BVB?

He isn't bad and you can see his potential.
Last year he had some really great moments, this season he is total shit so far...
The problem is pretty simple.
For someone that costs that amount of money, he should be alot more consistent.

He's better than Ibrahimovic, no question about that.

Don't think he's quite where Suarez was last season just yet. Suarez was doing literally jaw dropping things almost every other weekend. Wasn't just how many goals he was scoring...so many of them were just incredible.

Not sure Aguero has even scored one of those this season...

Bit smalltime that, Viva. From a follower of a storied franchise and all that.

I've amended for you.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My criticism of Aguero is that he was inconsistent and scores in bursts (like, 6 in October and then nothing for a month)

But he isn't anymore, so I'm running out of excuses to hate him

Cunt cheated on his wife

Scum

He's better than Ibrahimovich, no question about that.

Don't think he's quite where Suarez was last season just yet. Suarez was doing literally jaw dropping things almost every other weekend. Wasn't just how many goals he was scoring...so many of them were just incredible.

Not sure Aguero has even scored one of those this season...

Jinx! Aguero wonder goal against Southampton this weekend.

I think people are simply forgetting how good Ibra is because he's been injured a lot this season.

But yes, Suarez is as close to Messi and Ronaldo as humanly possible. The difference when he's on the pitch versus off it is staggering, for both Liverpool and Uruguay.

I think people are simply forgetting how good Ibra is because he's been injured a lot this season.

But yes, Suarez is as close to Messi and Ronaldo as humanly possible. The difference when he's on the pitch versus off it is staggering, for both Liverpool and Uruguay.

To be perfectly honest it makes little difference to me whether he's injured or not cos I never watch PSG.

But he's never really done anything that outstanding over the course of his career. He is supremely talented of course...but so was Quaresma innit.

Wilbur

Banned
To be perfectly honest it makes little difference to me whether he's injured or not cos I never watch PSG.

But he's never really done anything that outstanding over the course of his career. He is supremely talented of course...but so was Quaresma innit.

Bit harsh :lol

He's got lots of goals, lots of trophies, is his country's top goalscorer and best player ever, named footballer of the year in a few places

Are you comparing him to Aguero in terms of outstanding things done?

Aguero is on a hot streak right now, but it's all but guaranteed that he'll get injured soon and miss extended time.

Zlatan was PSG's attack last season. He's the better play maker, the better passer, the better aerial threat, and surprisingly, the more efficient dribbler (most likely due to not being as good with the ball at his feet so he only picks the best time to take on a defender).

He's a complete player. Aguero is not.

rossonero

Aguero is on a hot streak right now, but it's all but guaranteed that he'll get injured soon and miss extended time.

Zlatan was PSG's attack last season. He's the better play maker, the better passer, the better aerial threat, and surprisingly, the more efficient dribbler (most likely due to not being as good with the ball at his feet so he only picks the best time to take on a defender).

He's a complete player. Aguero is not.

Huh?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibra is obscene with the ball at his feet actually

He's got no right to be, being that lanky.

I love you Yurt.

Looks like Wolfsburg wants Podolski.
gzdtIVu.png

They're getting the best out of Arsenal once again.
We will win tonight.

And by 'we' I mean BVB only.

That's not to say Zlatan is a bad dribbler. Everyone at that level is a transcendant talent on the ball.

EDIT: Example, Ribery is a better dribbler than Robben, but doesn't seem to beat his man as consistently as Robben because Robben is faster. Doesn't mean Robben is a better dribbler, just means he's more efficient at it.

Top Bottom