• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Pennywise

Do you think Sokratis will play tonight? It seems crazy he'd be fit to do so but I read some articles yesterday that suggested he would probably try..

He won't.
He's still in Dortmund.

Klopp wouldn't waste him in a game that's not really that important.

If gerrard plays tonight its another indication that Rodgers is a clueless hack. He has proven over the last 18 months he is incapable of solving the defensive issues, which in turn proves he is not a high level manager. Yes the players are letting him down, but his insistence to play off form players game in game out is not helping matters. I believe he will be gone by January and I will not miss him because if this relegation form remains he will be put in the same box as hodgson.

Walshy

The ECHO (practically always reliable) is reporting that Toure and Lucas definitely will be at least. Would like to see Can as well.

Not that I think any of it matters. Don't see us getting a win.
Do you know if Sakho is fit yet?

Hoping a Sakho - Toure partnership will save us from the nightmare inducing partnership of Lovren - Skrtel.

I think it's about time for me to be honest: Emre Can isn't really that great.

lol

We don't need him to be great. Merely decent is a huge improvement over the other options at the moment

@Scousefury, utter bollocks

Even if Rodgers leaves us in a bad position, he'll have left us with some decent memories. Hodgson gave us nothing but shite from the second he walked through the door, to the second he was booted out

Shagwell

Do you know if Sakho is fit yet?

Hoping a Sakho - Toure partnership will save us from the nightmare inducing partnership of Lovren - Skrtel.

Seen pictures posted of him being back in training like. Doubt he's match-fit/that he'd br trusted by Brendan to be thrown in. Much as I'd love it.

There's just some things I'll never get about Brendan, for all I rate him. Last season when we were in a title run-in he shoehorned Sakho into the side alongside Skrtel and sat out Agger (who had the highest clean-sheet ratio out of any defender in the side). Fine. Thought maybe this was something that was a signifier that he was looking to the future - that he wanted to solidify the partnership. Sells Agger. Fine. Brings in Lovren. Fine.

Starts Lovren and Skrtel? Why? Just why? Lovren and Sakho together haven't been given a proper chance. And I know Lovren has been woeful, and that he gets a rough time around these parts (and I'm a sensitive soul and the bantz can get to me sometimes, haha) but I think there's a fucking common denominator and it's the guy who has been responsible for the most mistakes leading to goals in the previous two years.

Genuinely believe Skrtel makes the defenders alongside him look even worse than they are. But he's undroppable somehow.

Meier

He won't.
He's still in Dortmund.

Klopp wouldn't waste him in a game that's not really that important.

Bummer. :( Stupid Mourinho and not playing Filipe Luis yesterday.. guess I'll just get 1 point from Bernat. A few articles said he (Sokratis) was going to play so I didn't use a transfer on him. Ahh well.

Wilbur

Banned
EL isn't that bad, honestly. And we could have Juve - Inter there. Yeah, not that bad at all.

Any other celebrites? Other than that youth player I still prank call from time to time.

One of dick and dom
Andi peters
English rugby players
One half of musical duo alunageorge

Shagwell

How close to the edge is Rodgers treading right now?

Loses today and on the weekend - that it? That would be 6 losses in a row.

I don't think the results will matter as much as the decision-making. It's time for him to slap his bollocks on the table and show the team who is boss. The Real Madrid performance which, aye, was still a loss and not all that impressive, was at least an improvement. Kolo and Lucas, who aren't good enough for the long term, showed that they could in the short-term bring some fight, commitment, and experience to a side lacking all of the above. That they played well and gave their all and were dropped since is just downright poor management.

The poor substitutions and same-y lineups are what need to change. If they do then regardless of the results I think he gives himself more time. Show a willingness to adapt and do something different. To give different players a chance. Don't sink with the same players letting you down week-in week-out like Rafa did.

Zabojnik

No worries, we will draw, which is basically the same at this point.

But if we crash out early, then Totti might as well stitch the Scudetto badge over our shirts next week

EL is even worse than CL in that regard though. It would be actually better for our scudetto hopes if we were to go through and then crash out immediately. Same goes for Roma. Playing on Thursdays sucks.

One of dick and dom
Andi peters
English rugby players
One half of musical duo alunageorge

So that would be a 'no' then.

Love Scousefury. Long overdue Liverpool troll alt.

Haha sorry to let you down, I'm no alt just an angry cunt, for full disclosure I'm pro Rafa, Danny Murphy is my most hated ex liverpool player, I think carra was a shit defender that made it up with effort and I think Gerrard was finished 2 years ago...

I have defended Joe Heart time and time again but I think I'm done, the guy might make some great saves but he always messes up the basics. In both goals his positions were wrong, second goal you can be less harsh but the first, my days that was shocking goalkeeping. Entertaining game though something needs to be done about CL tourists at the Etihad its shocking how bad the atmosphere is.

Good luck to you kopites tonight.

Pennywise

Bummer. :( Stupid Mourinho and not playing Filipe Luis yesterday.. guess I'll just get 1 point from Bernat. A few articles said he (Sokratis) was going to play so I didn't use a transfer on him. Ahh well.

Not getting points for him either :/

At least Messi made some points yesterday.

I'd go for Godin. No idea how Miranda isn't on there as well though.

Regardless, it'll probably be Lahm or Ramos (both of who are still far more deserving than many on that list)

I'm sorry, that wasn't a serious post.

It just cracked me up that the Fifa doesn't even know how to write his name.

But I just saw right now that it's from the French Fifa site, so I guess nobody should give a shit :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
EL is even worse than CL in that regard though. It would be actually better for our scudetto hopes if we were to go through and then crash out immediately. Same goes for Roma. Playing on Thursdays sucks.

So that would be a 'no' then.
dude i was trying to scare him WHAT THE FUCK

I have defended Joe Heart time and time again but I think I'm done, the guy might make some great saves but he always messes up the basics. In both goals his positions were wrong, second goal you can be less harsh but the first, my days that was shocking goalkeeping. Entertaining game though something needs to be done about CL tourists at the Etihad its shocking how bad the atmosphere is.

Good luck to you kopites tonight.

Hi Kermit

Zabojnik

dude i was trying to scare him WHAT THE FUCK

bYUXYJ9.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Seeing wilbur's avatar genuinely scares me now

I just know that he's going to yell at me at any moment

Wilbur

Banned
Hate Aguero the bastard.

Hope he pulls one of his little hamstrings again this weekend.

I think it's weird that he's being spoken about in the same breath as players like Ronaldo and Messi.

might be a bit unpopular (and not to discredit the value of pure goal scorers)

but he is just a pure goalscorer isn't he

Again I point out there isn't wrong with that because pure goal scorers are an extremely valuable commodity and he is fucking great at it and he's a match winner and he's class

but he just pisses me off so much I'm trying to criticise him

is that ok

y/n

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Raiola: "I'm very happy with Pogba & Matuidi, It'd be wonderful to have them play on the same team. I want Matuidi to go to Juve (laughs)"

*laughs*

I think it's weird that he's being spoken about in the same breath as players like Ronaldo and Messi.

might be a bit unpopular (and not to discredit the value of pure goal scorers)

but he is just a pure goalscorer isn't he

Again I point out there isn't wrong with that because pure goal scorers are an extremely valuable commodity and he is fucking great at it and he's a match winner and he's class

but he just pisses me off so much I'm trying to criticise him

is that ok

y/n

lol. Only the English media is hyping Aguero like this. He's not Messi/Ronaldo.

He's not even on Robben/Zlatan/Suarez level.

Top Bottom