• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

They're both gonna qualify, I just know it ;_;

I hope City does. In Europa League they wouldn't take it seriously and probably play reserves.

Liverpool? At least it would be a fun knock out match
iUXxlq4uPXezv.png

Don't see the issue with Liverpool in the Europa League. No one is winning the league but Chelsea and Liverpool aren't finishing in the top 4, why not have a good go at it in cup competitions? Especially one that lets you qualify for the Champions League the following season.

Beside, need someone besides Chelsea to carry England in Europe.

No stoppage time for 3 goals, 7 or so corners and 8 or so free kicks wut

Plenty to try and fix at half time. Getting space on the wings too easily, giving away far too many set pieces, too unwilling to try an early cross, even if the aim is just to win a corner.

Seem to have sorted out the way we were letting them run past all 3 of our midfielders for now. Get Sterling isolated against their fullback, and things will happen. For someone with a generally fucking terrible left foot, he has a hell of a left foot pass around the defense and across the box.

Mignolet is an extended episode of Beadle's About, surely? 'What Brendan doesn't know, is that Simon is actually a binman from Hull'

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So will this be the start of a fantastic duel between Messi and Ronaldo to see who can keep the record before they're shipped off to the MLS?

Don't see the issue with Liverpool in the Europa League. No one is winning the league but Chelsea and Liverpool aren't finishing in the top 4, why not have a good go at it in cup competitions? Especially one that lets you qualify for the Champions League the following season.

Beside, need someone besides Chelsea to carry England in Europe.

I do try and support every English team but when you get the same points for your country in the Europa League why not let me laugh at them playing in it like people did for us!

I actually think Liverpool should really go for the Europa League if they drop down cause it might be the best chance for them to qualify for next years competition!

I do try and support every English team but when you get the same points for your country in the Europa League why not let me laugh at them playing in it like people did for us!

I actually think Liverpool should really go for the Europa League if they drop down cause it might be the best chance for them to qualify for next years competition!

If we're in it, we're fucking going for the EL. Its probably our only chance of getting CL football next year. Not that we'd be able to attract any decent players because of it if we stay on track to finish fucking 12th

Also, it'd be nice to not be on TV every weekend. We're like the early rounds of X Factor at the moment.

I would but I don't want to come off as a hypocrite. :p

Not sure about that one m8
Why not? Messi can play anywhere midfield and not just on the front line. Even now sometimes he is playing a kind of Xavi-like role to make up for his team's deficiencies. Ronaldo only really functions as a winger and striker, a position that requires pace and that will allude him as he gets older, unless he completely alters his game which I doubt at that age but who knows.

Meier

I haven't been able to watch the entire thing closely, but from what I've seen.. Dortmund have not played well thus far.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Messi is 3 years younger and will likely age much more gracefully than Ronaldo. It's no contest, m8.

Ronaldo actually looks like he still enjoys playing, Messi is dead inside and has been for a while.

J Jizzle

Ronaldo has great genes so I think he could potentially stay at the top longer than Messi. The only worrying thing for him is how long Real Madrid keep him until they let him go for their next galatico. He's a got great marketing potential so MLS or something similar could snap him up like Beckham instead of another EU team once he leaves.

inky

Why not? Messi can play anywhere midfield and not just on the front line. Even now sometimes he is playing a kind of Xavi-like role to make up for his team's deficiencies. Ronaldo only really functions as a winger and striker, a position that requires pace and that will allude him as he gets older, unless he completely alters his game which I doubt at that age but who knows.

Because Ronaldo is a lot more athletic than Messi, heck, than most footballers, period. And with his quality, presence and fine touch he can still play through the middle when he gets slower. Don't know about having to completely alter his game for that to the point he'd be useless.

Meier

My goodness from Ox. O_O That control.. what a shot. Would be in the goal of the tournament conversation if it had gone in.

Top Bottom