• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Arnie

Klopp will never come to Arsenal or Liverpool. Dortmund fans put us to shame. Rodgers is getting slaughtered when you're only 5 points off top 4 when Dortmund are far worse off yet their fans are so much more supportive.

Why come to Arsenal or Liverpool when how our fans act towards our managers is there for all to see?

Sacking Rodgers before the end of the season is beyond dumb. Who you get to replace him? Klopp wont move mid season, if he'll move at all with Dortmund's current situation. I don't think he will.
Aye, spot on.

Why would Klopp come to either of us. It's a step down in all respects.

And we'd be stupid to sack Brendan, he's a good coach, we're just in a shit moment. It happens.

Football's rubbish but so be it.

3Sixty

Aye, spot on.

And we'd be stupid to sack Brendan, he's a good coach, we're just in a shit moment. It happens.

Even Liverpool and Arsenal are a step up from the German 2nd division.

bobito

Banned
Missing out on the champ league is hardly the end of the world now the epl has declined so much. Its not as hard to break into the top 4 as a few years ago.

Elchele

Rodgers will get back on track next season. Losing Suárez, Sturridge and competing in CL destroyed them; he wasn't ready.

Klopp situation is more worrying.

Scum

Tevez is such a hard working and likable guy. It was Manchester's restaurants, wasn't it?
The guy just doesn't stop running. One of the greatest buys. Having him, Aguero and Messi take their form to the Copa America in the summer will be jokes.

Klopp will never come to Arsenal or Liverpool. Dortmund fans put us to shame. Rodgers is getting slaughtered when you're only 5 points off top 4 when Dortmund are far worse off yet their fans are so much more supportive.

Why come to Arsenal or Liverpool when how our fans act towards our managers is there for all to see?

Sacking Rodgers before the end of the season is beyond dumb. Who you get to replace him? Klopp wont move mid season, if he'll move at all with Dortmund's current situation. I don't think he will.

How do we act towards Wenger? All we did was support and support him, but then it is clear he is taking the piss now. Wenger deserves to get slack because he thinks he is bigger than the club. Are fans continue everyweek to show up paying the highest prices in world football to watch a team that has been making the same mistakes for god knows how long now. I am surprised there hasnt been a full on riot yet.

Aye, spot on.

I don't know how Arsenal are a step down. The biggest club in the biggest city in Europe, world class stadium and training facilities, one of the best supported clubs in the world, a board that backs a manager, and very good finances. Arsenal are a great club for any manager to want to come to. We also are willing to pay are manager extremely well.

Zabojnik

Kramaric:"I dream of playing at Juventus, I'm not scared of competition, I never give up."

Word is we're offering him a 1.5M€ / 5 years contract, but Chelsea are also on him.

Good luck in the PL, Krama-chan.

Pennywise

That's really mindblowing at times.
Klopp get's his fair share of blame, for example the tactics today we're absolutely rubbish.
The problem is the team or some players that just need to get their shit together.
They are to blame, so the criticism is alot more balanced overall.
Plus the fans know that constant whistling isn't going to help either way, so they'll support the team regardless.

oh my fucking god

And then penny flips at you when you're being complimentary

Dynamite five minutes

Sorry the lack of effort today just pissed me off.
I was as loud as Dean when he is playing proclubs.

PASS THE BALL MATE.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea might have won more in the last ten years, but Arsenal have always been the best supported club from the capital. Chelsea are not even as big as Spurs

Name a bigger city in Europe

Istanbul

And this fucking big club nonsense

At the moment, Chelsea are better, more successful, and have a better chance of being successful in the future.

That alone makes them 'bigger' than Arsenal.

You are in London. That's the only thing he listed that applies to Chelsea.

Good finances if you consider being financed by oil good.

Still having a hard time with those profits at Chelsea huh

Chelsea might have won more in the last ten years, but Arsenal have always been the best supported club from the capital. Chelsea are not even as big as Spurs

We just had this conversation earlier today, so I'm just going to quote myself

Size of club is something clubs, that mostly clubs now stuck in mediocrity, use to remind themselves they were once a big club on the results front too (see Liverpool, Arsenal) as well as the support.

Istanbul

And this fucking big club nonsense

At the moment, Chelsea are better, more successful, and have a better chance of being successful in the future.

That alone makes them 'bigger' than Arsenal.

Still having a hard time with those profits at Chelsea huh

We just had this conversation earlier today, so I'm just going to quote myself

The ability to win does not make a club big. Just read the great piece on Roma by Marcotti. Arsenal are a big and well supported club regardless of if we win or lose. Same with United when hey went through 2 odd decades of being shit. Chelsea and Man City are not big clubs. They spend lots of money and have done well, but if they were both to go a decade without winning then nobody would give a fuck about hem again. They are only products of large amounts of money being spent to win.

Zabojnik

Who's going to provide the lols for FootyGAF tomorrow then?

Juve, book it.

tumblr_nfgtdlD1jp1s8z5rho4_400.gif

Lightning

Banned
Biggest is so vague. Can't be interpreted into many things, size, fanbase population, success, history. Not even interested in that shit. Only what happens in very recent past, today and what future plan one has matters.

The ability to win does not make a club big. Just read the great piece on Roma by Marcotti. Arsenal are a big and well supported club regardless of if we win or lose. Same with United when hey went through 2 odd decades of being shit. Chelsea and Man City are not big clubs. They spend lots of money and have done well, but if they were both to go a decade without winning then nobody would give a fuck about hem again. They are only products of large amounts of money being spent to win.

Bullshit but believe what you will, it might make it feel like Roma and Arsenal are competing for something.

Lightning

Banned
City are not big at anything aside from having the second best chance to win something. It doesn't mean anything though because even challenging for the league doesn't full their stadium and aside from a few in Manchester no one in the world cares about their existence.

Bullshit but believe what you will, it might make it feel like Roma and Arsenal are competing for something.

Why bullshit? Yes Chelsea are more successful over the last ten years. That only goes to show that you have won more than us over the last ten year. If a club can only be considered big because they have won a lot shows they are not a big club. Arsenal have 200,000 people paying 30 quid a year just to get a chance to watch Arsenal, we still sell out nearly every game and this is despite not winning anything except an FA cup in ten years. Despite not winning anything we still have secured two of the biggest sponsorship deals in history.

Chelsea reached a level of success that Arsenal have yet to achieve by winning the champions league, but would people still give a fuck about Chelsea if they went a decade without winning?

As that Marcotti article said, Roma still draw 700,000 radio listeners a day. That is despite being a small club in terms of success on the pitch.

City are not big at anything aside from having the second best chance to win something. It doesn't mean anything though because even challenging for the league doesn't full their stadium and aside from a few in Manchester no one in the world cares about their existence.
Claws are out :lol

Esch

Banned
this 'big clubs' thing is nonsense talk

anyway Arsenal are a club with a long history, a lot of fans domestic and globally, a new stadium, plenty of sponsorships and investors and im sure that like manchester united, many managers would love to step up and give it a go. either way the fans will be upset, it won't be an easy transition whoever it is and we'll probably dip out of champions league the year it happens. Feel sorry for whoever that is.

Top Bottom