• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Blablurn

Is it possible to download facepacks and logos for FM15 without going through 16 different download links?

Edit: ok , i found one.

Everton and West Ham charged by the FA because of Misconduct on the pitch.

Fuck off FA its not like we initiated a mass riot.

Ridiculous, are they going to do this every time tensions rise between players on the pitch? Every time a player tries to con a ref with a dive or by faking an injury?

The FA are worthless.

Hixx

Someone bumped the football thread with the Ludogrets title

Wes why didn't you lock it. A shambles.

Sunderland appointed Danny Philpott today. Nicked him from Everton. Massive.

jesalr

B3dAsamIYAAAjXi.jpg

inky

Won the first leg of the playoffs match vs América 1-0 at home yesterday. Hopefully we can keep the score for the second leg (need to win in the aggregate to go through) and eliminate those fucking gallinas.

xZuLsBx.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30232691

Bastia striker Brandao has been jailed for one month for a headbutt on Paris St-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta.

The Brazilian, 34, had already received a six-month ban for the incident in PSG's 2-0 home win on 16 August.

Motta, 32, was attacked after the game and left with a broken nose by Brandao, who also received a £15,850 (20,000 euros) fine.

His lawyer expects him to serve the punishment through community service and not in jail.

Brandao, a former Marseille player, says Motta insulted him during the game.

Facism

Selcuk Inan getting transfer-listed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Burak Yilmaz next, please. Put them somewhere crap like QPR so they never poison the national squad again.

Wilbur

Banned
Was expecting older; would have said "he had a good innings" because I just assumed 85-90 odd without thinking about it.

Hope he pulls through.

Footy GAF. I need a place to vent so I'm doing it here instead of Tumblr. I've been working at this company now for about 2.5 years. Straight out of college. Recently I just found out that new hires who started in 2013 or later are getting a flat 10% bump to their pay across the board. I started in 2012 so I'm not getting that raise, and as it turns out, plenty of people who started a year later than me would be making more than I am once the raise go into effect in January.

"Market adjustment" they call it. Whatever. The pay is decent and I like the people I work with, but this is grounds to leave, right? I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd be bending backwards to reward folks who couldn't get a job that paid at this level.

In case you guys didn't know. College recruiting was abysmal in 2012. Lots of companies basically froze their hiring altogether. The economy getting better means there are a lot more opportunities than when I was looking. I can't say this company was my first choice or even 5th or 6th, but none of them were hiring at the time. I'm sure if I were graduating in 2014, I'd be looking at 6 figures starting salary or damn close.

Wilbur

Banned
Footy GAF. I need a place to vent so I'm doing it here instead of Tumblr. I've been working at this company now for about 2.5 years. Straight out of college. Recently I just found out that new hires who started in 2013 or later are getting a flat 10% bump to their pay across the board. I started in 2012 so I'm not getting that raise, and as it turns out, plenty of people who started a year later than me would be making more than I am once the raise go into effect in January.

"Market adjustment" they call it. Whatever. The pay is decent and I like the people I work with, but this is grounds to leave, right? I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd be bending backwards to reward folks who couldn't get a job that paid at this level.

In case you guys didn't know. College recruiting was abysmal in 2012. Lots of companies basically froze their hiring altogether. The economy getting better means there are a lot more opportunities than when I was looking. I can't say this company was my first choice or even 5th or 6th, but none of them were hiring at the time. I'm sure if I were graduating in 2014, I'd be looking at 6 figures starting salary or damn close.

Yeah it does sound like the type of situation where if you ask for parity and don't get it, it's grounds to walk.

I remember that he was 17 during the '58 world cup so I can work it out based on that.

Yeah, like you say it's easy enough to do; I just didn't think about it! Assumed he's older because he's been around forever without actually counting the dates in my head.

Top Bottom