• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Pele was light years ahead of everyone during his generation. I have no doubt that players in modern times are better conditioned or technically better but he was, at a time, the greatest.

Hope he recovers. :(

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Pele was the greatest player of his time, and if he was born in this decade he would be the greatest of this time. I hope he recovers.

What do Dejan Lovren and the Titanic have in common?

Neither should have left Southampton

Shoutout to Football Weekley (courtesy of some dude's tweet) for that one

http://a.pomf.se/gydxqx.webm
http://a.pomf.se/sgoteq.webm

HVDcRns.png

3Sixty

In his new book, Pelle Talks, 1,000 Questions and More, he's asked who he thinks is better looking: himself or Ronaldo?

"Me," he says, according to the Daily Mail's translation (via The Score). "Cristiano is good looking but I am a little bit taller."

Bu8FBpXIMAAH4Gt.jpg

The pain is real.

jts

...hate me...
This gets boring, but it's that time again when I gloat about still leading GAF League in UCL Fantasy, this week featuring winning the matchday as well
bMx8itZ.png

pls guys, do u even no futbol

Toodeloo Meier
qh8VVeJ.png

I'm gonna crash and burn so hard later innit.

Lightning

Banned
We have sold them 6 players.

They sell us one and suddenly we owe them one?

Nah, don't think so.
How many of those 6 players actually worked out for Barca? Vermaelen, Fabregas, Song, Petit, Hleb all never worked out. Overmars didn't really work out either.

We've actually gotten quite a bit of money out of Barcelona.

wedward

How many of those 6 players actually worked out for Barca? Vermaelen, Fabregas, Song, Petit, Hleb all never worked out. Overmars didn't really work out either.

So we have to keep selling them players until one works out? How is our fault that they ruin good players?

We paid them for Sanchez. We don't also have to give them a player.

Lightning

Banned
So we have to keep selling them players until one works out? How is our fault that they ruin good players?

We paid them for Sanchez. We don't also have to give them a player.
I never said that. I said it was unfair, not that we should keep selling them players.

If anything Barcelona owes Arsenal for letting Cheques Fabrecahs come to Chelsea.
We let Fabregas go to Chelsea and I'm fine with it.

Clegg

Dunno if this has been posted already but w/e. Apparently Steven Gerrard and 11 other men assaulted someone outside a Liverpool nightclub in August. There's a motion in court right now about it. Although it seems to be about subsequent police misconduct in the investigation rather than the assault itself. Gerrard says he was stepping in to help the man but the victim says Gerrard threw the first punch.

wedward

I never said that. I said it was unfair, not that we should keep selling them players.

How is it unfair though? We gave them money. That is what the deal is. We give you money. You give us a player.

Madrid sold us Ozil. If they ever come sniffing around for an Arsenal player
they won't. we aren't good enough
should we feel obligated to sell to make it fair?

Dunno if this has been posted already but w/e. Apparently Steven Gerrard and 11 other men assaulted someone outside a Liverpool nightclub in August. There's a motion in court right now about it. Although it seems to be about subsequent police misconduct in the investigation rather than the assault itself. Gerrard says he was stepping in to help the man but the victim says Gerrard threw the first punch.

I, for one, would be shocked

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

He's making it so that Rodgers can't pick him anymore. What a man.

Lightning

Banned
How is it unfair though? We gave them money. That is what the deal is. We give you money. You give us a player.

Madrid sold us Ozil. If they ever come sniffing around for an Arsenal player
they won't. we aren't good enough
should we feel obligated to sell to make it fair?
It's not unfair in the sense we have to do anything. When you pay that kind of money though you expect a return and they haven't had that. That's what's unfair, not that it's our fault.

wedward

It's not unfair in the sense we have to do anything. When you pay that kind of money though you expect a return and they haven't had that. That's what's unfair, not that it's our fault.

Nobody expects that Lightning. I think you might, but most teams do not.

We paid the money. It is over.

If that were the case we would have a partnership like Tottenham Madrid had.

3Sixty

Better hope Gerrard isn't expected to defend himself in court.

jts

...hate me...
Oy m8,

Was reading an article on The Guardian and the comments were debating this question: would you prefer to still have the invincibles season or a Champions League win?
Oh god.

How is that even a question.

Only because some fans will say invincible since it's something that actually happened and they can brag about.

Esch

Banned
If you refer to all Russian teams as Zenit then you're indirectly calling me a multi team cunt aka Suen. Very offensive.
You're a st petersburg fan right? They had a replay of the game today here lol

Anyway this Wolfsburg - Everton match is nice.

Lightning

Banned
Nobody expects that Lightning. I think you might, but most teams do not.

We paid the money. It is over.

If that were the case we would have a partnership like Tottenham Madrid had.
What sort of partnership did they have? Spurs asked about Özil during the Bale transfer and we're told he wasn't for sale while they done a deal with us behind Levy's back.

Top Bottom