• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

James McCarthy injures himself.

Again.

Cheers Martinez.

Eh? Gets injured for an Ireland match, and Ireland fans accuse him of faking it, gets injured again to miss Everton matches and Ireland fans have a go at Martinez regardless even though there aren't internationals for months.

Help me understand

LTWheels

Didn't realise that Suso has been out as he has had to have an operation his groin. Thought his lack of appearance on the subs bench was due to Brendan not fancying him.

I think based on the tempo that we now play with, he is a much better fit to play in our side compared to the speed we used last season.

Didn't realise that Suso has been out as he has had to have an operation his groin. Thought his lack of appearance on the subs bench was due to Brendan not fancying him.

I think based on the tempo that we now play with, he is a much better fit to play in our side compared to the speed we used last season.

Dunno if he'd have played anyway.

Was our only good player against Middlesbrough, didn't get a look in for either of the 3 or so matches after it iirc

LTWheels

Dunno if he'd have played anyway.

Was our only good player against Middlesbrough, didn't get a look in for either of the 3 or so matches after it iirc

Look at that hug with Rodgers on his first day back to training:

B3SfTm1IEAE-5oq.jpg

Oh and Sakho is back as well.

Does that Amazon Fire box offer anything that you can't get, and more, through countless other devices?

Look at that hug with Rodgers on his first day back to training:

B3TQIBqIcAARa6V.jpg

Hmm. Not to get back into the 'amateur body language expert' thing that we all enjoyed when Torres was playing like shit, but that's a hug that says 'I'm glad you're back son, cos we're fucking relying on you now' :p

Clegg

Eh? Gets injured for an Ireland match, and Ireland fans accuse him of faking it, gets injured again to miss Everton matches and Ireland fans have a go at Martinez regardless even though there aren't internationals for months.

Help me understand
He asserted a few times that he needed time off to heal an injury so Ireland didn't select him. But in the intervening period he was selected a few times for Everton despite actually being hurt. Now he's proper injured again.

He asserted a few times that he he needed time off to heal an injury sinIrelan didn't select him. But in the intervening period he was selected a few times for Everton a few times despite actuallt being hurt. Now he's proper injured again.

Ah, fair enough

Martinez you tit. Probably learned that in Roy Hodgson's Guide To Modern Football Management

Chapter 14: Testing Of Resolve

LTWheels

Hmm. Not to get back into the 'amateur body language expert' thing that we all enjoyed when Torres was playing like shit, but that's a hug that says 'I'm glad you're back son, cos we're fucking relying on you now' :p

I like Suso. He's one of our few players that can accurately shoot at goal from outside the penalty area.

Here's a question for Football GAF that my mate asked me today and I couldn't answer. If the goalkeeper comes out of his box, can he play a member of the other team onside or is he always immune from the offside rule?

Linius

Here's a question for Football GAF that my mate asked me today and I couldn't answer. If the goalkeeper comes out of his box, can he play a member of the other team onside or is he always immune from the offside rule?

Goalie and field players count equally for the offside rule.

Yes he can.

He counts as a defender.

This happened in the 2010 WC, although the keeper wasn't outside his box. Player scored a goal with a defender on the line but he was ahead of the GK so no goal.

Top Bottom